**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam? was the uncalled nerf not enough?

PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
This is like 3rd time I've opened 50+ Paragon 4-hourly crystals and got nothing but lols out of it, 70 crystals and only 1 revive. Working as intended? Or system somehow calculates that I'm in need of Revives and won't give me?

Comments

• Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    I wouldn’t say nerf, but they may have adjusted drop rates for each item. I used to get too many energy refills than I could use. Now it’s more reasonable. I feel drop rates of revives are lower now, too.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    As someone who has opened thousands of UC/Cav/TB/Paragon free crystals over the years I have played this game to get revives, from what I have seen, you get 1-2 revives per 100 crystals. If you're lucky, you get 3 or 4. Otherwise you're getting 0. That is just the way the dice rolls.
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 28
    Same, past month opened a lot and only 1 or 2 revives.. used to average 1 every 10 crystals or so..
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★

flygamer said:

PT_99 said:

This is like 3rd time I've opened 50+ Paragon 4-hourly crystals and got nothing but lols out of it, 70 crystals and only 1 revive. Working as intended? Or system somehow calculates that I'm in need of Revives and won't give me?

System calculates that you are in need of revive and won't give you.
    That's not a thing. The system doesn't access your Inventory and analyze what you need. It generates an outcome and sends it to your Account instantaneously.
    They're low Rates at best. Which is why they've never been a reliable way to collect Revs. It's all RNG
    It is 100% a thing. I don't see them as often but remember all those "top up" offers that would pop up? Say 9000 T2 shards for only 500 units? That is because THE SYSTEM ACCESSES YOUR INVENTORY AND ANALYZES WHAT YOU NEED. That is how the offers are programmed.

Why do I still get those offers then lmao, when I’m overflowing in them. Not exactly analysed what I need there

Or why did I get this 5* shard offer when I have every champion currently in the base pool?

Don’t think this is adding up for you
    The top up offers of the past were specifically targeted to something you were just shy of having a whole cat or whatever. I'm not saying that's what's going on in this specific post, or random 'limited offers' don't happen when you have plenty, but it certainly is 'a thing' that the system can be programmed to analyze a situation and offer (or deny) accordingly. Again, probably not what is happening here with the revives, but is unwise to say it can't.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    flygamer said:

flygamer said:

PT_99 said:

That's not a thing. The system doesn't access your Inventory and analyze what you need. It generates an outcome and sends it to your Account instantaneously.
    They're low Rates at best. Which is why they've never been a reliable way to collect Revs. It's all RNG
    It is 100% a thing. I don't see them as often but remember all those "top up" offers that would pop up? Say 9000 T2 shards for only 500 units? That is because THE SYSTEM ACCESSES YOUR INVENTORY AND ANALYZES WHAT YOU NEED. That is how the offers are programmed.

Why do I still get those offers then lmao, when I’m overflowing in them. Not exactly analysed what I need there

Or why did I get this 5* shard offer when I have every champion currently in the base pool?

The top up offers of the past were specifically targeted to something you were just shy of having a whole cat or whatever. I'm not saying that's what's going on in this specific post, or random 'limited offers' don't happen when you have plenty, but it certainly is 'a thing' that the system can be programmed to analyze a situation and offer (or deny) accordingly. Again, probably not what is happening here with the revives, but is unwise to say it can't.
    No, it's not "a thing". You need countless algorithms to correlate with the specific Inventory/Roster needs, and a process that communicates that to the server to instantaneously generate an outcome based on what that Roster/Inventory needs. That's not how it works, and it's about as deep into conspiracy as implanted microchips.
    The Crystal is a key that accesses a pool on the server, and that pool generates a quasi-random outcome based on the Rates programmed into it. Then the server sends an outcome. That's about it. No great spy program.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Great offer!

• Options

flygamer said:

flygamer said:

PT_99 said:

No, it's not "a thing". You need countless algorithms to correlate with the specific Inventory/Roster needs, and a process that communicates that to the server to instantaneously generate an outcome based on what that Roster/Inventory needs. That's not how it works, and it's about as deep into conspiracy as implanted microchips.
    The Crystal is a key that accesses a pool on the server, and that pool generates a quasi-random outcome based on the Rates programmed into it. Then the server sends an outcome. That's about it. No great spy program.

Have you ever got an offer like this before? How do you think this works?! It's not a conspiracy, it's coding. The system is programmed to recognize that I am just shy of a full T2 so it offers me (an often laughable) solution. I used to get these often.
    I know all offers are not this targeted, some are programmed to pop up anytime and yes, dna3000, I know a system does not recognize intent.
    And I'm not saying kabam is intentionally tanking revive rates in crystals, but it could be POSSIBLE there is a bug or something to look into

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Renaxqq said:

Great offer!

For you

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    flygamer said:

flygamer said:

flygamer said:

PT_99 said:

Have you ever got an offer like this before? How do you think this works?! It's not a conspiracy, it's coding. The system is programmed to recognize that I am just shy of a full T2 so it offers me (an often laughable) solution. I used to get these often.
    I know all offers are not this targeted, some are programmed to pop up anytime and yes, dna3000, I know a system does not recognize intent.
    And I'm not saying kabam is intentionally tanking revive rates in crystals, but it could be POSSIBLE there is a bug or something to look into

Those Offers come up regardless of what you need. I've had full Inventory and they came up.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Sure,. but even if I have 10 in overflow, ithe system knows when I'm short on another.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    flygamer said:

You originally said "THE SYSTEM ACCESSES YOUR INVENTORY AND ANALYZES WHAT YOU NEED." I'm 99.9% certain that's false. Those offers are triggered when you get certain things. Every time you get shards or fragments, for example, the game needs to know if doing so will form a crystal or catalyst (because of course it has to know if it should actually do so). The system is programmed to generate those offers when it discovers you're close but not quite there yet. As far as I'm aware, the game is not programmed to actually look at your inventory as a whole and "analyze" it to make any determination or prediction of what you need. There's no thought behind it.

If you are overflowing on T4CC tech catalysts and are about to form another, the game might pop an offer for even more of those fragments because it isn't analyzing inventory, it is just triggering on that one condition of "about to form another." It doesn't know you have a ton of them already, it doesn't know you have a bunch in overflow about to expire. It doesn't think about any of that, which is why so often those pop up offers seem useless or bizarre. Those offers are triggered by very primitive conditionals, and not any inventory analysis.
  • Options
    CeeLohsCeeLohs Posts: 55
    Duh. They “nerfed” revives across the board. More units. No units, more cash flow for units lmao. Don’t forget the awesome apothecary that rewards 1 - 20% revive daily.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 719 ★★★
    Bruh. They totally released a health and revive bundle today! Just for you!! Just give them your money
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

You originally said "THE SYSTEM ACCESSES YOUR INVENTORY AND ANALYZES WHAT YOU NEED." I'm 99.9% certain that's false. Those offers are triggered when you get certain things. Every time you get shards or fragments, for example, the game needs to know if doing so will form a crystal or catalyst (because of course it has to know if it should actually do so). The system is programmed to generate those offers when it discovers you're close but not quite there yet. As far as I'm aware, the game is not programmed to actually look at your inventory as a whole and "analyze" it to make any determination or prediction of what you need. There's no thought behind it.

If you are overflowing on T4CC tech catalysts and are about to form another, the game might pop an offer for even more of those fragments because it isn't analyzing inventory, it is just triggering on that one condition of "about to form another." It doesn't know you have a ton of them already, it doesn't know you have a bunch in overflow about to expire. It doesn't think about any of that, which is why so often those pop up offers seem useless or bizarre. Those offers are triggered by very primitive conditionals, and not any inventory analysis.
    The system may not CONSTANTLY analyze your WHOLE inventory (though it is technically possible). I never said that anyway, it is analyzing the specific part of your inventory that coincide with some specific offers coded in the system. You say they "are triggered" and "programmed to generate when it discovers", - that's what I've been saying! How else does it discover? Discovery, examining, determining ("the game needs to know"), - all parts of analyzing. Some offers as you say seem useless or bizarre, because not all offers are coded to trigger the same way. Some offers pop up randomly to some and some to all, but others have very specific parameters or conditions as you say. Even at rudimentary levels, the analysis is still 'a thing'.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    flygamer said:

DNA3000 said:

flygamer said:

The system may not CONSTANTLY analyze your WHOLE inventory (though it is technically possible). I never said that anyway, it is analyzing the specific part of your inventory that coincide with some specific offers coded in the system. You say they "are triggered" and "programmed to generate when it discovers", - that's what I've been saying! How else does it discover? Discovery, examining, determining ("the game needs to know"), - all parts of analyzing. Some offers as you say seem useless or bizarre, because not all offers are coded to trigger the same way. Some offers pop up randomly to some and some to all, but others have very specific parameters or conditions as you say. Even at rudimentary levels, the analysis is still 'a thing'.
    You did not say the game analyzes player inventory. You said the game accesses player inventory and analyzes what they NEED. The game does nothing of the sort. It makes no attempt to determine what the player needs. The game only looks at what resources the player is receiving, and whether they will come close to certain thresholds, when it comes to triggering those types of offers. The game doesn't discover needs. The game only knows what the player is close to getting, not whether the player actually wants more of them. This is obvious from seeing what the offers actually are.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Someone who is unlucky and is blaming a rigged algorithm instead of taking a second to use their brain

3 times in a row, 50+ crystals, only 2 revives (other players have also confirmed lower odds)

lmao yes, just use the brain BUT do NOT raise your voice !!!! Otherwise, otherwise, I'll "disagree" with you.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    PT_99 said:

Renaxqq said:

Great offer!

For you

Me like offer now in the convesacion Apothecary exists (is more of a daily reminder than a excuse of a silente nerf)
    but really run the apothecary