Options

Y'all I need opinions

Okay so as y'all should know Disney just bought fox so they acquired X-men and the fantastic four. So when do y'all think MCOC will add the fan 4 and more X-men. Or maybe silver surfer and doctor doom?

Opinions? Commentary?

Comments

• Options
    ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    Unless there’s going to be a movie about them soon, I don’t think that they’re high priorities on the list to be added to the game, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    For those who aren't aware yet, Disney (who owns Marvel) just bought a huge chunk of assets from Fox (including rights to the F4) for an astronomical sum of $52 billion USD or $52 followed by nine 0s.

As with most deals in this magnitude, it isn't just a simple 'buy and go' process like picking up something in the supermarket and getting it checked out before it's all yours. There's a large legal and financial process that could take anywhere between 12-18 months (as cited by different news sources) for the whole transaction to be complete.

So the short answer is: The F4 and more X-Men characters are most likely going to happen, but just don't expect it to be knocking on your doorstep by January. :smile:
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    This is just an “agreement in principle”, lot a red tape to get through before it’s a done deal. I’d say close to 12 months before the acquisition is even finalized. Marvel could give the go ahead before then though. But then you have whatever the lead time is between saying “put X in game” and them actually getting it done.
  • Options
    spidey31415926spidey31415926 Posts: 147
    I don't expect to them to be the next event quest or anything I know its going to take some time but I do think in my opinion that they will get added since all of the F4 can be easily intergrated

Like invisible girl having a passive like The Hood

Mr. Fantastic basically being another ms. Marvel (khan)

The human torch slightly being like another Phoenix (with some major difference obviously, both could easily have same SP1 and having flight etc.)

And the thing easily just being a physiological adaption to the hulk but just physically looking different.

But that's what I think. (Disclaimer I did just finish finals for my last semester in college so I have been drinking and I just really love marvel) lol
  • Options
    Titan_A97 wrote: »
    So the short answer is: The F4 and more X-Men characters are most likely going to happen, but just don't expect it to be knocking on your doorstep by January. :smile:

I don't think we should expect any dramatic changes on any timeline, because even after Disney closes the deal with Fox, nothing much changes for Marvel.

To be more precise, a lot potentially changes for Marvel Studios which makes the Marvel movies, because after the deal goes through (if it goes through) instead of having to negotiate with Fox Studios they can just ask their boss, the president of Disney Studios who is likely to oversee both Marvel and Fox Studios after the deal, and Disney is of course going to say yes.

But nothing much changes for Marvel Entertainment the guys that run the comic books and handle most of the IP licensing. A lot of people seem to think that Marvel Entertainment was holding back on licensing X-Men and FF to games like MCOC because they didn't have control of the cinema rights to those properties, but *all* the control of the cinema rights were basically taken away by Disney when they yanked Marvel Studios away from Marvel Entertainment and put them under the control of Disney Studios.

So honestly I'm not sure what changes after the Fox deal with Disney, if anything, for the people in control of the X-Men and FF rights when it comes to licensing to games.
  • Options
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    This is just an “agreement in principle”, lot a red tape to get through before it’s a done deal. I’d say close to 12 months before the acquisition is even finalized. Marvel could give the go ahead before then though. But then you have whatever the lead time is between saying “put X in game” and them actually getting it done.

I think that the xmen would be incorporated by 2019-2021 since they are making a ms. Marvel and rogue and ms. Marvel have a strong backstory that could easily be made off of a ms. Marvel 2 then bring in the X-men. But that's just me. I hope that made sense lol
  • Options
    Rogue42 wrote: »

• Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,458 ★★★★
    Okay so as y'all should know Disney just bought fox so they acquired X-men and the fantastic four. So when do y'all think MCOC will add the fan 4 and more X-men. Or maybe silver surfer and doctor doom?

Opinions? Commentary?

MCOC can add anyone Marvel lets them, their licensing is with them directly, not disney/marvel studios or sony or fox. Otherwise you wouldn't see spider-verse (sony) with deadpool/x-teams (fox) with avengers/inhumans/shield (disney). FF have been off the (comics) board by design, movie notwithstanding, so I presume no FF stuff in game before they're resurrected in print.