**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

are kitty and herc overpowered?

JahlilFTWJahlilFTW Posts: 12
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
please vote

are kitty and herc overpowered? 188 votes

yes
30% 58 votes
no
69% 130 votes

Comments

• Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 914 ★★★
    Kitty isn't remotely close to overpowered, and Hercules has a lot of counters and isn't very useful on defense, so he isn't.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    @Syndicated I know my omega sentinel is a very useful counter to Kitty. She only has the tactful advantage of phasing, ig? I don't see her being a problem at all, other than the phasing issue, on defense
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

@Syndicated I know my omega sentinel is a very useful counter to Kitty. She only has the tactful advantage of phasing, ig? I don't see her being a problem at all, other than the phasing issue, on defense

Why are you saying specifically defense though? Both of these champions are widely regarded as some of the best attackers in the game, I don't think anyone thinks of them as truly good defenders.
  • Options
    @AngelMcNugget I did talk about them cheesing on offense too, but they can't be bought just everywhere, due to different variants and nodes (refer to my first comment). They could've been overpowered, if they had huge health pools along with their extraordinary attack. Or if they took less damage when being hit.

To be overpowered, you need to be good on both defense and offense 🤷🏻
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

Kitty isn't remotely close to overpowered, and Hercules has a lot of counters and isn't very useful on defense, so he isn't.

Kitty is pretty OP in some scenarios. Herc is actually pretty solid on defense. If my opponent has a nullify champ, he usually doesn’t do much, but he goes stun immune after being knocked down and he stalls a lot with his immortality and specials (in Battlegrounds mostly).
  • Options

@AngelMcNugget I did talk about them cheesing on offense too, but they can't be bought just everywhere, due to different variants and nodes (refer to my first comment). They could've been overpowered, if they had huge health pools along with their extraordinary attack. Or if they took less damage when being hit.

To be overpowered, you need to be good on both defense and offense 🤷🏻

So who would you consider to be overpowered? I personally consider them overpowered if they can clear more content than the majority of champions or clear important and difficult content with ease. See how Herc does in EoP? That's what overpowered is.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Magrailothos @AngelMcNugget yes, and take a punch to the face in EOP, while you're playing with Herc, does it reduce your health a lot, hell yes. You cant be great at a fight, or "overpowered" if you can deliver hits, but can't take hits. In that sense Quake is the only overpowered champ (evade, punish, concussion), you are free to disagree.

I do agree that the word overpowered can be interpreted differently, as has been done by you against me, vice versa.
  • Options

@Magrailothos @AngelMcNugget yes, and take a punch to the face in EOP, while you're playing with Herc, does it reduce your health a lot, hell yes. You cant be great at a fight, or "overpowered" if you can deliver hits, but can't take hits. In that sense Quake is the only overpowered champ (evade, punish, concussion), you are free to disagree.

I do agree that the word overpowered can be interpreted differently, as has been done by you against me.

Herc can take plenty of hits. When he dies, he doesn't die. Immortality kicks in, making him fully Unblockable and unable to die for as long as the buff lasts, which is paused during his special and basic attacks. Only (some) nullify, AA reducing and Marked champions can prevent Immortality.

When Quake gets hit, she just dies. That's it.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Crys23 said:

Kitty's trash. Herc's ok, I guess.

Kitty’s good for some stuff though. I see her take some skill champs in battlegrounds with ease and her phasing mechanic is great
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★

Y'all. this ain't even a question. These two are OP af.

I knew it! Mr. Miike is from Texas… or atleast has descendants from. 🤯

Oh and btw Herc needs a buff.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Crys23 said:

Kitty's trash. Herc's ok, I guess.

Kitty’s good for some stuff though. I see her take some skill champs in battlegrounds with ease and her phasing mechanic is great
    All explained in this video: https://youtu.be/_ZW-AZ2mNeA
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★

I knew it! Mr. Miike is from Texas… or atleast has descendants from. 🤯

Oh and btw Herc needs a buff.
    don’t have to be from texas to say y’all…
    or am i from texas and didn’t know it?
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,768 ★★★★★

• Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,218 ★★★★
    Ya'll can debate whether your porridge is too hot or too cold.
    My porridge is JUUUST right. 🙃
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Push Kitty to the wall and let her spam sp2. Easy, just like Rhino
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,747 ★★★★

They can't be overpowered if they have too many counters. Idk a lot about Kitty, but it's really easy to shut down a Herc on defense.
    While they can cheese fights, there are many variants and nodes, where other champs are more useful

Kitty is really easy to kill with Nimrod, Infamous Iron Man, come on You can beat her with War machine

Hercules is annoying thanks to his looong special attacks, nothing else

In attack Kitty requires some skills to handle her propperly

In the other hand, Hercules is really easy to use
    Fantman with antman synergy and now he can hit her while she's phasing.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★

Being from Kentucky seeing a friend from the north use “y’all” really tickles my fancy eh
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    no, they need a buff
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Definitely not. I can’t clear any content with either of them and they are both worthless defenders. I only keep them around for synergies.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,036 ★★★★★
    Agent_7 said:

Definitely not. I can’t clear any content with either of them and they are both worthless defenders. I only keep them around for synergies.

Your obviously playing them wrong if you can't clear any content with either of them lol.