Options

Rank down tickets for Zemo and Kraven…

Comments

• Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    altavista said:

This issue can be fixed pretty simply.

Send Rank Down Tokens specifically for champions with the Root ability, as well as defining how this Special Lock aspect works in game. This could look like this:

"While Rooted, the Defending champion cannot activate a Special 1 & 2"

Pretty simple, this would be the best way to solve this wildly convoluted issue and allow players to just move on and leave Kraven behind us.

Also, I believe this somehow affected Spot. Since Spot is rooted while Portal Block is active, he is currently inflicted with a Special Lock for the duration of Portal Block, and this isn't mentioned anywhere in his abilities either.

Good write up, and I was not aware that Spot was affected.

Kabam definitely needs to expand the description in Root, if these changes are entirely intended.

An SP3 special lock during Root is definitely something that shouldn't exist, as it is too much of a cheese (even Doom's Doom cycle has a small level of risk). It is similar to how Shang-Chi's SP1 was changed so players couldn't just stun lock and make everything trivial.

But for Kabam to make a reasonable change but not communicate it either in Patch notes or in Root description, that definitely is reason to complain to Kabam.
    Idoom can infinitely special lock the defender...
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 494 ★★★

XFREEDOMX said:

All fell for Zemo hype train and now pretty much looking for an excuse.🤣

There’s no "excuse". This is a real problem and it affects more than just Zemo.
    It only affects those who ranked up a buggy champ and thought it will never get fixed.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★

Grumrok said:

I very well remember about a comment below a zemo video, stating the special 3 lock getting fixed in the future and the content creator replied "So have fun with it as long it remains."
    Not contradicting this gonna happen or not being on the table getting changed, but just mention to "ab"use the situation as it lasts.

I so warned my alliance mates several times eversince, to get too comfortable with zemo and his special 3 lock mechanic.

Now fix is here as anticipated.

Kraven has been out for two years with the same mechanic, a silent nerf that butchers the character after two years should not go by without a proper rank down ticket.
    Kraven has been out for a year and a half. Not 2 years.
    It's not a nerf, much less a silent nerf. It was a fix to Root, and they would have to give Tickets for every Champ with Root, if that was the case. Which they don't do for bug fixes.
    If you can show me exactly where it describes how the Special Lock on Root is intended to work and describes the changes made to the Special Lock on Root, I will give you one million dollars and then quit the forums and mcoc forever.
    Root has been bugged all the way back to EOP. In fact, it's been bugged since its introduction. It's no secret that it's had issues.
    That is not nearly the same thing. If there isn't an official description for the special lock on Root, then they could've changed literally anything about it and called that a bug fix. For all we know, this could've been 100% intentional and they just avoided talking about it so they could call it a bug fix down the line. Never before have I seen an ability go entirely unrecognized in game, and there's no way that could be considered okay. If you can't cite an exact description of Kabam's intentions with the ability, you cannot say with absolute certainty that they fixed an ability that wasn't working as intended. You just cannot physically be sure. This is the first time I've ever seen this, and I'd really like for it to be the last.
    Now you're just going into conspiracy. "If they didn't tell us we couldn't do it then for all we know we could have done it and they said we couldn't."
    Why is it that everything has to be a conspiracy to you? People put up logical arguments and thoughts and you always seem to be tonedeaf to the present concerns. At this rate you are making less sense than what you perpetuate these discussions to be. Even then you have a poor history of judging these kinds of situations with the latest being the silent Gambit relic nerf.

Please man make it make sense.
    You can't understand how that's a conspiracy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

What/where is Trello? I’ve never heard of it until now.

https://trello.com/b/yM4RGbuU/mcoc-community-bugs-and-issues-tracker
  • Options

XFREEDOMX said:

XFREEDOMX said:

All fell for Zemo hype train and now pretty much looking for an excuse.🤣

There’s no "excuse". This is a real problem and it affects more than just Zemo.
    It only affects those who ranked up a buggy champ and thought it will never get fixed.
    Can you point out any indication since Kraven’s release that he was bugged or that there was any problem with root?

They literally released 3 more champs that use root on the defender in that time and made no mention of a bug. That means Zemo/mystic spidey/sandman were all fully built and implemented with root working the way it did last week. The team responsible for designing and knowing how this all works had to be playing with root a lot in that time to make those champs. If it was bugged, why did they never say anything and still release the champs knowing they were bugged from launch with no acknowledgment?

The choice is either:

1. They knew it was broken when they started working on those champs and said nothing to the community and let us all assume they were working as designed.
    2. They noticed a design flaw with Zemo allowing something unintended and made a snap decision to alter root for everyone without thinking about or maybe even understanding the impact on other champs.

If it’s 1 then they lose all credibility and trust and nobody should bother buying any crystals for new champs because you have no way of knowing if you’ll get what you paid for.

If it’s 2, they should have, at the very least, explained what the bug was and what they were fixing and why/how.

A note in the trello board about a bug with Zemo doesn’t give any indication they are going to tank Kraven’s usability.

I think #2 is much more likely and they need to stop implementing “fixes” without properly communicating the problem and the intended fix. This literally just happened with the Gambit relic and here we are again on a bigger scale.

If it was just Zemo then they could have simply decreased his extra combat power rate when rooted from 40% to 30% and the problem would have been solved

They haven't spoken a word on this after the silent "fix" making me believe that they only intended to let the root "bug" go on as long as they could in anyway get cash from it and then they fixed it as it started benefitting players more than it benefitted them

But that's just a theory I hope is not true
  • Options
    KRANꓘKRANꓘ Posts: 145 ★★
    Well I put a ticket in for sp3 being available to defenders while being rooted and this is end response..

• Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I was really upset about Moleman almost exactly a year ago, but since then I've come to expect this kind of business happening from time to time
  • Options
    Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 135 ★★

Hickdog27 said:

Thanks. I wish there was a place in game where this stuff would get posted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

Hickdog27 said:

Thanks. I wish there was a place in game where this stuff would get posted.
    Yeah, hopefully they'll add it to the in game settings at some point since the Forums and the Support page are already linked there
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    I’ll tag @Kabam Zibiit again since I saw they approved the change on trollo, I don’t know how they could have missed the thread though, most likely all the other stuff that’s going horribly wrong in the game 💀
  • Options
    blackdragonightblackdragonight Posts: 108
    edited July 2023
    I mean how bad the game is this is probably the least thing they're worried about. As I recently have Rank 4 My zemo who used to destroy Rinthra now not any more in BGs is disappointing at least I didn't Rank 5 him.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 907 ★★★
    I get that the nerf is super annoying and definitely makes both these champs worse, but you said you love the root mechanic and maybe it’d be better for you to keep them at r5 if you like them. R5s are becoming pretty common anyway.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,021 ★★★★

I get that the nerf is super annoying and definitely makes both these champs worse, but you said you love the root mechanic and maybe it’d be better for you to keep them at r5 if you like them. R5s are becoming pretty common anyway.

I want nothing more than for them to stop touching them, I loved them the way they were but now they’re just… dead, the locks are a thing of the past that I’m happy I recorded before they went away… I don’t know who to rank 5 in their place, but playing Zemo today I was so sad to not be able to just utilize my root whenever they were close to 3 bars, you can’t even combo into them after an sp2 they’ll just sp3… but yeah don’t use this as an argument, these are just my feelings towards this…
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Oof, that’s big stealth nerf. Grateful I left mine at rank 3. Might see rank 4 someday.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,095 ★★★

I want nothing more than for them to stop touching them, I loved them the way they were but now they’re just… dead, the locks are a thing of the past that I’m happy I recorded before they went away… I don’t know who to rank 5 in their place, but playing Zemo today I was so sad to not be able to just utilize my root whenever they were close to 3 bars, you can’t even combo into them after an sp2 they’ll just sp3… but yeah don’t use this as an argument, these are just my feelings towards this…
    I have had Zemo for a few weeks now, but haven't played him constantly enough that I was doing that root lock thing. Sure, I'd use root and hit into them as much as I could before it expired, but I always backed off before they got 3 bars of power. Apparently I was playing him wrong? Idk. That said, he did go to r5 during the 4th sales for me. He was already max sig.

I suppose in my case, if they give rank down tickets, I might just say f--- my prestige (never bothered me that much anyways) and just take Kate up in his place. Maybe even a rank down to r3, and then use the resources for Kate AND Attuma, to r5 and to r4, respectively.
  • Options
    Isn't this thread about people wanting to rank down a champ because they do not think that those Champs are as good now? Taking the argument to its logical conclusion, if Kabam suddenly made all Champs bleed immune, then all Champs who inflict bleed should be given a rank down ticket.

Then on that basis, if a champ is less effective because Karam made new Champs to counter those Champs, rdts should be given.

Karam might as well just give everyone infinite rdts at this rate. Ridiculous!
  • Options

I have had Zemo for a few weeks now, but haven't played him constantly enough that I was doing that root lock thing. Sure, I'd use root and hit into them as much as I could before it expired, but I always backed off before they got 3 bars of power. Apparently I was playing him wrong? Idk. That said, he did go to r5 during the 4th sales for me. He was already max sig.

I suppose in my case, if they give rank down tickets, I might just say f--- my prestige (never bothered me that much anyways) and just take Kate up in his place. Maybe even a rank down to r3, and then use the resources for Kate AND Attuma, to r5 and to r4, respectively.
    Same I will take my Zemo to r2 with rank down tickets and then rank Kate or Attuma
  • Options

Isn't this thread about people wanting to rank down a champ because they do not think that those Champs are as good now? Taking the argument to its logical conclusion, if Kabam suddenly made all Champs bleed immune, then all Champs who inflict bleed should be given a rank down ticket.

Then on that basis, if a champ is less effective because Karam made new Champs to counter those Champs, rdts should be given.

Karam might as well just give everyone infinite rdts at this rate. Ridiculous!

Yeah but here they didn't make any new champion
    They changed the base mechanics of the champion, the mechanic which they advertised as it forms the core of their kit?

That's just like removing no dmg while phasing from kitty or making Herc's immortality not be able to take specials

In simple words, it's just like advertising iPhone 14 and then delivering a Nokia 3310
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,199 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Get your RDTs yet?
This discussion has been closed.