**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing Mythic Crystal Issue (1250 Crystals instead of Shards)

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 268 ★★★
    Just like the spring cleaning event where TB could buy a lot more 6*s than they're supposed to. Once ppl open crystals, it's extremely hard for Kabam to confiscate the rewards. So I guess ppl who have opened all those crystals are lucky. However, a 7 or 14 day ban for those players seem to be highly anticipated.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    1- Take potential money out of kabams pocket
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.

Only champs? U got any idea how much iso is 1250 5* champs only?... How many 6* shards and 7* shards?...
    I'm actually more concerned that you consider 1000 dollars life changing actually...
    and from another point of view is called exaggeration. same thing yall are doing about this mistake kabam did. I hope you can see the similarity because from what you said you havent read what i said which i really talk about takin off the 7 stars and iso or increase the iso economy. For paragons that have been around 5 years didnt care about 5 star champs and 6 star champs. it was mostly iso and 7 shards. For cavaliers though idk what they gonna do
    U took 3 posts to respond 1...
    -1250 mythic crystals is a lot of ISO, gold and shards regardless of progression
    -1000 dollars for a homeless might change 1 or 2 weeks not his life (and u know this..u wouldn't have changed to 2000 on your other response)
    - Im a 7 year Paragon I would like 1250 mythic crystals
    - If u wanna exagerate exagerate on the ammount lol
    and the point is to clarify what i said in other comments
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I know many people are mad and angry that they didnt get to open all these crystals or they think the players who did opened them its their fault. As the saying goes "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth”
    If you came across 1000$ that could change your life, just laying around in the middle of somewhere. Im 100% sure most people would take it. Kabam han an objective mission reward that stuff and people saw it and didnt thought twice. If kabam meant it to happen, then why should they complain? if kabam didnt well then it sucks because of how crappy this game has bean lately. You would think they would take greater care of trying to remove any new bugs coming into the game. I also feel like this is being slightly blown out of proportion as the most this does is
    2- Affect people in maybe AW and bg negatively like thats its really and even then all those new champs takes a lot of gold and iso to level up and rank up that most people wont have anyways. At most maybe people get 1 or 2 6 stars at a decent rank because of this. Definitely not as bad as people say. Aswell as all the iso it gave but which tbh we needed that, the economy right now in the game is trash after july 4th and many people dont even have a single piece of iso. The 7 stars for me are the problem though, if there was a way to just remove the 7 stars would be a lot more easier because that is the future.
    In my opinion if kabam wants to maintain goodwill with their community they let people keep what they got and compensate those who didnt get anything. Although as i said before removing only the 7 stars champs you got is a great idea because first of all it would be way easier than removing abosulety everything you got. These tbh really changed the present and changed the future because we all can agree the economy is absolutely garbage right now with only the bg store being decent. Some people i know got their dream champs they wanted long ago which they didnt had before simply because of the economy. If kabam does keep this and let the others have their compensation i think would be the easiest and fair thing. At the end of all its only champs were talking about, not even resources, ONLY CHAMPS. MANY people needed some champs they got from there. That is my opinion and remove the 7 stars shards too. If you dont agree with me thats okay but i think this is the most logical situation.

Only champs? U got any idea how much iso is 1250 5* champs only?... How many 6* shards and 7* shards?...
    I'm actually more concerned that you consider 1000 dollars life changing actually...
    and from another point of view is called exaggeration. same thing yall are doing about this mistake kabam did. I hope you can see the similarity because from what you said you havent read what i said which i really talk about takin off the 7 stars and iso or increase the iso economy. For paragons that have been around 5 years didnt care about 5 star champs and 6 star champs. it was mostly iso and 7 shards. For cavaliers though idk what they gonna do
    -1250 mythic crystals is a lot of ISO, gold and shards regardless of progression
    -1000 dollars for a homeless might change 1 or 2 weeks not his life (and u know this..u wouldn't have changed to 2000 on your other response)
    and i already can tell you havent read my other comments so just get outta here. The 3 things you said i talked about everything.
    Get out of a public forum?.. 🤔 nah thanks
    U keep on adding nonsense about 5 year Paragon not caring about 5 and 6... Well how about those 6* give u 7* shards?.. there is a screenshot going around with 22k 7* shards from opening all those
    dude i literally talked about that. Thats the thing i said was the dumbest and they should def fix that. At this point youre clearly just ignoring and live in your own world. Sorry to tell ya but it will save time for you if you just get out of this post.
    Dude u got 40 disagrees from the get go...i think you are the one living in your own world..
    An explanation to that its everyone disagrees what they are not thinking about. You literally disagreed to my comment and almost didnt say anything💀 "to clarify” and you disagreed. People be thinking everythings possible to revert and stuff so they just disagreed on everything that is not that.
    Everything is possible to revert, it all depends if its worth doing it or not, and the method...
    Its data... Not 1000 life changing dollars 🤣
    "everything is possible to revert” yeah not talking to ya. Youre defo a kid that knows nothing about money. With 1000 dollars i started dropshipping and made 7k profit in 1 month. Now while im becoming a lawyer and studying hard im gaining so much profit from income. And youre here just being ignorant. Plz dont reply again so i dont have to reply to you. thx
    Plz don't reply again so I don't have to reply back...
    With your argument skills I'll definetly see your picture on the side of busses
    “argument skills” hahaha. Clearly funny. Have already a degree in laywer. Youre the one here being ignorant just like the last time. I know you remember. Thats exactly why i hate forums. Ignorant people that know nothing and decide to talk so much
    You have a degree in Lawyer? How do get a degree for lawyer?

I thought you got degrees to practice law, and you get a job as a lawyer. That's why it's Law school and not lawyer school.
    of course its law school. Im only 2 years in and missing bachelors degree. Many other colleges are far more strict about it and in some you need a lot of stuff and takes far more years
    If you really are a law school, you will know about the "reasonable belief" precedent. Basically, long story short (and it's sad that I have to explain a very simple precedent to a "lawyer student") but in court of law the use the argument what would a reasonable person believe or do in that situation.

In this case the reasonable belief precedent would be if a reasonable person with knowledge on the subject (meaning someone who regularly plays this game) would think that was a legitimate reward or if it was not legitimate.

Based on responses throughout forums since yesterday, the "reasonable belief" on this subject is very clear and any reasonable person with understanding of the game would know this clearly was not a legitimate reward.
  • Options
    Sparky9494Sparky9494 Posts: 58
    JustAGuy said:

No the stuff was/will be removed.

Sorry if I sound a little skeptic, but how are they gonna roll back a situation where one opened the whole 1250 and added lots of natural sigs to his 6*? How is this even possible to roll those back?

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    joe883193 said:

joe883193 said:

an account ban for opening the crystals is braindead. if kabam had a shred of common sense the most they would do is rollback the accounts that opened them.

They’re gonna need time to roll back 910 crystals. A ban makes sense in some cases because players should not be able to use those champs while Kabam sorts out removing them all.
    i understand that it would be abusive to use the champs in bgs or progression but wouldnt a rollback imply that everything the player has done since the beginning of the rollback would be reverted?
    Well that’s part of the problem too. They need to figure out what specific advantage the player gained from the crystals too. I would be shocked if Kabam had a system where they could hit a button that rolled those players back to July 13th at 12:59pm EST and all was good. So they need to look at it all manually, remove everything they got manually, claw back any titles they earned as a result of the exploit and whatever other rewards they earned in content using those champs. Plus they would need to roll back any rank ups where the gold or iso would be used. But not all of these things (aside from what was gained from the crystals directly) is necessarily impacted by the exploit. They wouldn’t want to take back more than necessary from a player, like BG progress if their deck was never changed.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

JustAGuy said:

Sorry if I sound a little skeptic, but how are they gonna roll back a situation where one opened the whole 1250 and added lots of natural sigs to his 6*? How is this even possible to roll those back?

They have access to line-by-line logs for each account. I recently had an issue where nearly 8k 6* shards just disappeared out of nowhere. Support was able to review my account to the point where they could see every action I had taken and they were able to see the 6* shards drop without me purchasing any crystals. The problem is less their ability to accomplish this goal and more the time it will take to get it done.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,515 ★★★★★

JustAGuy said:

Options could be to restore accounts from a nightly backup or review sql transaction logs and reverse actions up to the point when the crystals were gained.
  • Options
    gordopechochogordopechocho Posts: 78

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

and the point is to clarify what i said in other comments
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

and i already can tell you havent read my other comments so just get outta here. The 3 things you said i talked about everything.
    Get out of a public forum?.. 🤔 nah thanks
    U keep on adding nonsense about 5 year Paragon not caring about 5 and 6... Well how about those 6* give u 7* shards?.. there is a screenshot going around with 22k 7* shards from opening all those
    dude i literally talked about that. Thats the thing i said was the dumbest and they should def fix that. At this point youre clearly just ignoring and live in your own world. Sorry to tell ya but it will save time for you if you just get out of this post.
    Dude u got 40 disagrees from the get go...i think you are the one living in your own world..
    An explanation to that its everyone disagrees what they are not thinking about. You literally disagreed to my comment and almost didnt say anything💀 "to clarify” and you disagreed. People be thinking everythings possible to revert and stuff so they just disagreed on everything that is not that.
    Everything is possible to revert, it all depends if its worth doing it or not, and the method...
    Its data... Not 1000 life changing dollars 🤣
    "everything is possible to revert” yeah not talking to ya. Youre defo a kid that knows nothing about money. With 1000 dollars i started dropshipping and made 7k profit in 1 month. Now while im becoming a lawyer and studying hard im gaining so much profit from income. And youre here just being ignorant. Plz dont reply again so i dont have to reply to you. thx
    Plz don't reply again so I don't have to reply back...
    With your argument skills I'll definetly see your picture on the side of busses
    “argument skills” hahaha. Clearly funny. Have already a degree in laywer. Youre the one here being ignorant just like the last time. I know you remember. Thats exactly why i hate forums. Ignorant people that know nothing and decide to talk so much
    You have a degree in Lawyer? How do get a degree for lawyer?

I thought you got degrees to practice law, and you get a job as a lawyer. That's why it's Law school and not lawyer school.
    of course its law school. Im only 2 years in and missing bachelors degree. Many other colleges are far more strict about it and in some you need a lot of stuff and takes far more years
    If you really are a law school, you will know about the "reasonable belief" precedent. Basically, long story short (and it's sad that I have to explain a very simple precedent to a "lawyer student") but in court of law the use the argument what would a reasonable person believe or do in that situation.

In this case the reasonable belief precedent would be if a reasonable person with knowledge on the subject (meaning someone who regularly plays this game) would think that was a legitimate reward or if it was not legitimate.

Based on responses throughout forums since yesterday, the "reasonable belief" on this subject is very clear and any reasonable person with understanding of the game would know this clearly was not a legitimate reward.
    of course i know that, im basically just giving solutions on what to do cause for me it basically seems really hard and even not possible compared to other situations reverting all back. Everyone it was not a legitimate reward but they still did it because they knew the value it had and didnt think twice. Being kabam faults cause there was obviously gonna be some guys that wanted the rewards badly. Btw excellent response and not bias at all
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★

JustAGuy said:

They have access to line-by-line logs for each account. I recently had an issue where nearly 8k 6* shards just disappeared out of nowhere. Support was able to review my account to the point where they could see every action I had taken and they were able to see the 6* shards drop without me purchasing any crystals. The problem is less their ability to accomplish this goal and more the time it will take to get it done.
    This is pretty alarming. Guess we all need to screenshot our shards every day to make sure we don’t lose over half a crystals worth out of nowhere…
  • Options
    joe883193joe883193 Posts: 4
    In situations like this, it's essential to consider the ethical implications of taking advantage of a bug or unintended feature in a video game. While it may be tempting to exploit such opportunities for personal gain, it's generally considered unfair and goes against the spirit of fair play.

Most video game creators have rules and policies in place to maintain the integrity of their games and provide a fair experience for all players. Taking advantage of a bug or glitch to gain an unfair advantage over others could be seen as a violation of those rules.

It's important to note that each game and its developers may have different policies regarding the consequences of exploiting bugs. Some developers may choose to ban players who exploit bugs, while others may simply fix the issue and remove any illegitimate gains.

It is comedic that the people who have spent time and money on this pay to win video game are having a tantrum because they were not able to get the 1250 crystals.
  • Options

JustAGuy said:

This is pretty alarming. Guess we all need to screenshot our shards every day to make sure we don’t lose over half a crystals worth out of nowhere…
    In my 5+ years of playing this was the only time it happened. It was when the Paragon crystals launched and we had many issues around crystals. It was absolutely a side effect of server issues from that day alone and is not something I am personally worried about until the next featured crystal traffic jam.
  • Options
    dannyrottendannyrotten Posts: 91
    edited July 2023
    TrongNov said:

Just like the spring cleaning event where TB could buy a lot more 6*s than they're supposed to. Once ppl open crystals, it's extremely hard for Kabam to confiscate the rewards. So I guess ppl who have opened all those crystals are lucky. However, a 7 or 14 day ban for those players seem to be highly anticipated.

Nah man, there’s just way too many rewards/resources there just to endure a short term ban. It needs to be completely reversed. It’s awful that this mistake happened, but it’s a mistake. The players that opened those crystals need to have their accounts completely locked as long as it takes to revert them to pre-opening. The longer they wait, the harder that becomes.

I also agree with whoever mentioned that this needs to be addressed in game. I sent kabam response screen shots to a guy that opened all 1250 and he said since there’s no message in game about it, he refuses to believe anything will happen.

• Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Not just like any ordinary compensation thread, but if you consider it, it could be a win win for not only those players that were honest, but Kabam as well, as those that did abuse the bug would most likely learn their lesson seeing their peers being rewarded. The net result is that in the future when another bug of this magnitude happens again, Kabam would have less work to do as less accounts would be exploiting with the reward of not taking advantage of the bug being out there. Just some food for thought...

Edit: would also stop these multiple “its not fair” type of posts

Pretend you're the lucky employee responsible for the error and you get called in to HR with your boss and their boss. Is this what you'd tell them?

Spoiler: it won't end well for someone in that meeting
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,644 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Polygon said:

Not just like any ordinary compensation thread, but if you consider it, it could be a win win for not only those players that were honest, but Kabam as well, as those that did abuse the bug would most likely learn their lesson seeing their peers being rewarded. The net result is that in the future when another bug of this magnitude happens again, Kabam would have less work to do as less accounts would be exploiting with the reward of not taking advantage of the bug being out there. Just some food for thought...

Edit: would also stop these multiple “its not fair” type of posts

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    My word man, this community has a serious case of FOMO.... I never got 1 crystal but I really don't care 🤷‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.