Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Marvel Insider?

This may have already been posted, but why not Marvel Insider stuff this month? Is this just another Kabam fumble for the month, or will this be the new status quo? That was a nice little bonus, and little piece of extra content.

Comments

• Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Bummer. I already completed contender and proven EQ on all 3 of my accounts too.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Was another thread asking about this yesterday. As with way too many legit questions the moderators didn't bother to respond
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 314 ★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Was another thread asking about this yesterday. As with way too many legit questions the moderators didn't bother to respond

The forum mods have absolutely no role in Marvel Insider deals so they cannot offer any answers or commentary. It's run by Marvel/Disney not Kabam
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited July 2023

OP: I will ask about this when I have a chance, but I will be honest, it won't be until at least Monday.

If you want to direct me to the relevant website/email address to ask about this, I don't mind doing the legwork. I'll share whatever response they provide.

Edit: Never mind, I think I found it. Inquiry submitted.
  • Options
    NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53

OP: I will ask about this when I have a chance, but I will be honest, it won't be until at least Monday.

Well I appreciate that. I probably should have put a ticket in instead. I appreciate your time. I imagine you are busy, especially this month, and with Flannel-Jax on break.
  • Options
    KRANꓘKRANꓘ Posts: 141 ★★
    Not your job.. 😂
    I for one am glad this post was created as I use that as well. It's always nice to see useful information Well done @Nemeschy 👏
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,826 ★★★★★
    ISTR there was one month where the 20k for downloading the game vanished before, but it came back the next month. ISTR there was also one month where there were no offers before, but they came back. I could be misremembering mind.
  • Options
    PalistesPalistes Posts: 161 ★★
    What happened here? Seems like it became really contentious. I am just looking for info on the Marvel Insider stuff.
  • Options
    YazagakuYazagaku Posts: 14
    Let's hope it only disappeared this month and will be back from August
  • Options
    Palistes said:

What happened here? Seems like it became really contentious. I am just looking for info on the Marvel Insider stuff.

Yeah I did not intend on making anything controversial lol. Just noticed they were gone, and was sad.
  • Options
    Hopefully just a temporary absence D: ! I love getting the little 2*s from them
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,094 ★★★★★
    Palistes said:

Miike said out loud that something is not his job which was true and players couldnt handle the fact that he does not do everything at Kabam and got mad
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Palistes said:

Miike said out loud that something is not his job which was true and players couldnt handle the fact that he does not do everything at Kabam and got mad
    Didn't get mad. Actually all I said was moderators don't respond to questions, which alot do go unanswered, like this topic when it got brought up the day before.. Then he got mad
  • Options

Hopefully just a temporary absence D: ! I love getting the little 2*s from them

Agreed!! Fan of your work BTW!! Thanks for gracing my post :)
  • Options
    WoodyNailsomeWoodyNailsome Posts: 87
    Based on Support comments on here someone's having a bad day it seems. Lmao
  • Options
    DrdifferentDrdifferent Posts: 30
    Everyone is saying that it's completely gone without waiting to year back from @Kabam Miike . Some time between August 8 and August 12, I claimed this new set of points on the Games page. Insider hasn't completely abandoned the game.

I think however the fact that the cycle of the games accelerated in July and August. Typically, the games were released at the beginning of the month and lasted a full four weeks. The Strike Fear goals had a deadline of July 12, 2023. But there was another one that started around that time (can't remember the name) and that didn't have a goal at Insider. Normally that would have lasted through until around a week ago, or today. But it was cut short by two weeks and then the Vanishing Point even started on August 6. That meant that the "cycle" was out of whack with the typical monthly rewards that Insider granted.

I hoped that Marvel Insider would start up again with Vanishing Point, but no such luck - and that will end 16 days from now on September 5, which still puts it out of the typical alignment for Insider's reward dates (which would be normally be around September 15).

Historic Expiration date of Completion Goals
    2022-01-05 2022-02-09 2022-03-09 2022-04-06 2022-05-04 2022-06-08 2022-07-06
    2022-08-03 2022-09-14 2022-10-19 2022-11-16 2022-12-07 2023-01-11 2023-02-08
    2023-03-08 2023-04-05 2023-05-03 2023-06-07 2023-07-12

• Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Everyone is saying that it's completely gone without waiting to year back from @Kabam Miike . Some time between August 8 and August 12, I claimed this new set of points on the Games page. Insider hasn't completely abandoned the game.

I think however the fact that the cycle of the games accelerated in July and August. Typically, the games were released at the beginning of the month and lasted a full four weeks. The Strike Fear goals had a deadline of July 12, 2023. But there was another one that started around that time (can't remember the name) and that didn't have a goal at Insider. Normally that would have lasted through until around a week ago, or today. But it was cut short by two weeks and then the Vanishing Point even started on August 6. That meant that the "cycle" was out of whack with the typical monthly rewards that Insider granted.

I hoped that Marvel Insider would start up again with Vanishing Point, but no such luck - and that will end 16 days from now on September 5, which still puts it out of the typical alignment for Insider's reward dates (which would be normally be around September 15).

Historic Expiration date of Completion Goals
    2022-01-05 2022-02-09 2022-03-09 2022-04-06 2022-05-04 2022-06-08 2022-07-06
    2022-08-03 2022-09-14 2022-10-19 2022-11-16 2022-12-07 2023-01-11 2023-02-08
    2023-03-08 2023-04-05 2023-05-03 2023-06-07 2023-07-12

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342257/ending-collaboration-with-marvel-insider#latest

The title of this post would seem to indicate it is completely done, however the post itself I think only specifically mentions stopping making bundles so I guess it is possible they could still offer points for the EQ completions but I wouldn't count on that.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,826 ★★★★★
    They've ended the reward bundles, but that in no way precludes Marvel from running articles about the game for users to get points.