**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena needs a massive overhaul

How in the world do people mange to get 20 million plus points ? I was grinding some arena for units of the past few days cause I’ve had alot of free time and over playing for numerous hours I’m only at around 8 mil points. How do people possible get 20 million points. I did a bit of math and at 25,000 points per fight you would have to complete 800 fights. Which is a large amount. And if each fight is a minute each this would equate to 13 hours. That is a ridiculous time commitment just to have a chance at a six star. Even trash six star goes for 20 mil plus. The arena mode needs major fixing. 13 hours of grinding just for a chance at getting a six star. Not to mention the massive amount of cheaters in the mode. How can anyone be expected to get a six star for arena without cheating?

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    All depends on the roster. I could realistically put up 20m points in basic in less than 8 hours total play and about 50m in the featured in arena in the same amount of time. But I have over 100 6* champs at R3 and up. A smaller roster is going to take longer. That doesn’t mean it needs a rework.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 641 ★★★
    The only way scores would go down is if Kabam puts guarantee score minimum for champs. But that assumes that Kabam will be generous not put the minimum score at or above 100 million. Any score system that Kabam will see is fair will involve grinding. That’s the nature of the game.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    rosters aren't built overnight, you need years of solo and alliance work plus incremental rank ups. roster growth is very slow.
  • Options
    XreissXreiss Posts: 58
    Maybe it’s just me but a mood that only benefits the super large rosters is kinda stupid. The rich just getting richer isn’t fun. And isn’t good from a game balance perspective. Also furryeon how can you do that in under 8 hours ? Is my math wrong or a you just over exaggerating?
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    You think 13 hours is a lot? Over 3 days? Used to grind 12+ hours each day during a 3day grind when my roster was average.
    Now, at 6h a day, 1000 rounds, 180mil
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    Xreiss said:

Maybe it’s just me but a mood that only benefits the super large rosters is kinda stupid. The rich just getting richer isn’t fun. And isn’t good from a game balance perspective. Also furryeon how can you do that in under 8 hours ? Is my math wrong or a you just over exaggerating?

They’re not over exaggerating. The featured 6* arena gets me a little over 17 mil with an entire run of 220 6*s and 7 7*s. But I’ve been playing for about 7 years, and like others have said, rosters aren’t built overnight.

• Options
    Maybe I wasn’t clear with my point. My ping is why do we need a mode of getting a specific champ as a six star if you need to have a massive roster already to get them. Having 200 six stars is a vast majority of them. And I’m saying the mood needs to me restructured so that everyone can benifit form it not just the ones with massive rosters.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

The only way scores would go down is if Kabam puts guarantee score minimum for champs. But that assumes that Kabam will be generous not put the minimum score at or above 100 million. Any score system that Kabam will see is fair will involve grinding. That’s the nature of the game.

Or just go back to the original format of arena, where you could get the higher rarity champ for reaching top10%.
    It’s high time for that happening for 6*s.
    They are not even the highest rarity anymore, and with the speed Kabam is moving 7* economy (r3 already available by the end of the year), 6*s are going to be phased out sooner than expected.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    Xreiss said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear with my point. My ping is why do we need a mode of getting a specific champ as a six star if you need to have a massive roster already to get them. Having 200 six stars is a vast majority of them. And I’m saying the mood needs to me restructured so that everyone can benifit form it not just the ones with massive rosters.

The arena is one of the few ways to target a specific champ. If you have a big roster but are missing someone you can grind arena to try to fill the gap or get the newest champs. If you don’t have a big enough roster to compete then you should just focus on accumulating and ranking 6*s in general and not worry about getting a specific champ.

• Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    Zombie game mode…it’s a terrible aspect of this game…
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 886 ★★★
    Xreiss said:

How in the world do people mange to get 20 million plus points ? I was grinding some arena for units of the past few days cause I’ve had alot of free time and over playing for numerous hours I’m only at around 8 mil points. How do people possible get 20 million points. I did a bit of math and at 25,000 points per fight you would have to complete 800 fights. Which is a large amount. And if each fight is a minute each this would equate to 13 hours. That is a ridiculous time commitment just to have a chance at a six star. Even trash six star goes for 20 mil plus. The arena mode needs major fixing. 13 hours of grinding just for a chance at getting a six star. Not to mention the massive amount of cheaters in the mode. How can anyone be expected to get a six star for arena without cheating?

Tell arena to get in line behind loyalty store, glory store, AQ, war rewards, and incursions.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 886 ★★★
    They should just buff everything bro cut the prices in half permanently
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    Xreiss said:

That's why you can recharge your champs for units. Let me guess, you don't want to spend units. You don't want to invest time. Oh and you want to get the same champs that people who invest time, units, and many years of time and effort acquire a huge roster have. I've got bad news for you ...
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Would you rather spend your time, or over $1,000 trying to get the champion you want? Many people on YT have openings of spending thousands and still not getting the featured champion.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Xreiss said:

Also furryeon how can you do that in under 8 hours ? Is my math wrong or a you just over exaggerating?

Here's my math:

23 minutes just now = 1 million

And that was with half the matches ramping up to 3x multiplier. So....
  • Options

Xreiss said:

Also furryeon how can you do that in under 8 hours ? Is my math wrong or a you just over exaggerating?

Here's my math:

Xreiss said:

Here's my math:

Hey any chance you could post you roster? And were you using units to refresh. Really trying to get a better insight here. Also who ever suggest they give the six star to the top 1-5 percent that’s a great idea. instead of just the 400. Espically cause they have a lot of hacker in the top 400 from what I’ve heard.
  • Options
    Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★
    You need a massive overhaul
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 641 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Greekhit said:

Or just go back to the original format of arena, where you could get the higher rarity champ for reaching top10%.
    It’s high time for that happening for 6*s.
    They are not even the highest rarity anymore, and with the speed Kabam is moving 7* economy (r3 already available by the end of the year), 6*s are going to be phased out sooner than expected.
    Goes back to the same thing I said about that depends on what Kabam think is fair and will still be a grind. They just increased the limit from 100 to 400 people. Making it 10% will depend on how Kabam values 6*. And even then, who knows, may be more people will start grinding arena again, so 10% might still be high scores for a lot of people. 10% of the player base is still a small population if everyone is incentivized to play a specific mode.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    After today I just give up on champ acquiring arenas, except for the unit grind.
    Arena grinders are crazy. I scored nearly 5 mil..and I was still in 11-30 percent bracket. Damn how long were y'all glued to the phone, on a daily basis?🥲
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

I don’t think this is completely accurate. They’re not rolling out r3s for everyone, and with how slowly new 7*s are being added to the pool I still think we’re ways away. That’s not even considering the broken 6* champs that we’ll likely never see as a 7*.

• Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,432 ★★★★
    Xreiss said:

Xreiss said:

Here's my math:

Xreiss said:

Here's my math:

Hey any chance you could post you roster? And were you using units to refresh. Really trying to get a better insight here. Also who ever suggest they give the six star to the top 1-5 percent that’s a great idea. instead of just the 400. Espically cause they have a lot of hacker in the top 400 from what I’ve heard.
    No units on 10 fights lol. I popped 3 boosts total, 2 of which on the last match:

I went all 6r1s no boosts matches 1-5, all 6r2s match 6, 6r3s match 7, 6r4s match 8, all 7s match 9 and 7/6r5/6r4 boosted for match 10. Shade under 1 million. If i continued I'd run 6r4/3/2 the next 5 then run through the rest of my 6*s.

I don't even have the strongest depth, but you can see what you're up against with other accounts.
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    I’d love to see a sound idea that would appease the player community as much as Kabam. Then demonstrate how Kabam could do it without completely disrupting their workflow more than it probably already is.

It’s expected there is a grind factor, but some of us just don’t have the time for THAT much grind. At best, without refreshing, I might be able to pull down 60-70M now. I’m Paragon with 175 6* of which maybe 40 or so are R3+, as well as 3 7* - one awakened. I don’t even bother, because work, kids, etc. Sometimes I target milestones. Sometimes I don’t bother. I honestly don’t know what my ceiling is at the moment, but I know it’s not 100M+.

Problem is, Kabam has rolled new content and we’ve seen nothing but bug after bug after bug.

So is this a fixable problem with a viable solution? Rhetorical, but something to chew on. You might even have to ask if it’s even a problem
    in the scheme of things.
  • Options
    It's better to just accept the fact that Arena for most is just to get Units, and maybe duplicates. It is only for the real hardworking folks to get the 5*/6*/7* Featured. Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't push yourself to get them, but acknowledging your limits will let you sleep better at night.
  • Options

It's better to just accept the fact that Arena for most is just to get Units, and maybe duplicates. It is only for the real hardworking folks to get the 5*/6*/7* Featured. Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't push yourself to get them, but acknowledging your limits will let you sleep better at night.

I can’t agree with this more. I have the roster that could put up 100+ mil without spending units, but this would take up most of my free time. At this point I just accept if I really want a champ I can drop some cash for some chances, or I can just play the long game and know I’ll get them at some point

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    You can also do the kamikaze style method which is the opposite of building streak and just go ham in winning and losing. If you lose you still keep going as the points accumulated from your whole collection can do enough to get all the milestones. This is best for those that don’t have a wide variety of collections and still want to get some milestones done.

My collections are huge. Lots of r1 5* and 6* because I’m slow with rank up due to golds issue, but I counter it with using kamikaze style method and still get all the milestones done and then invest into levelling and ranking up more of my collections.

Today with my collections current state with 6* and 5* r1 together with suicide mastery, express mode and kamikaze style I am now able to finish all the milestones in about 8 hours combined with some resting such as eating, taking a walk and so on.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    And after 8 long years...we r still at T4B, T1A and T4C arenas..

can we do something like below?

Monday: T4b + feat and basic
    Tues: T1a + feat and basic
    Wed: T5b + feat and basic
    Thurs: T2a + feat and basic
    Fri: T6b + feat and basic
    Sat: T3a + feat and basic
    Sun: T4c + T5c + 2* arenas for 5* and 6* shards

PS.. I'm ok if t6b, t3a and t5c is only fragments rather than full...
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    We need arenas that can give a good amount of catalysts since the current ones haven't been updated for years.