Options

Kabam you should

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,569 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

I think you’re forgetting that part of the reason Battlegrounds is functional is because of FTP or low spending players. If you take out everyone who isn’t willing/able to spend monthly you’ll be waiting a lot longer for BG matches.

No this game works cause of whales and low spending players ftp is just a Is plague on this game.
    You'll likely find that those whales account for a very tiny amount of players playing the game. I'd be willing to bet that, for every 1 whale there is at least 10 FTP players, this game could not exist with JUST whales playing it ... who would they match against in BGs? Or even how long would it take them to find a match? Then consider they're whales, if they can't find matches in what's arguably the best mode the game has to offer, then what would make them stick around?
    I'm willing to bet they are way more people spending 10-100 dollars a month on this game then anybody else. Causal spenders make up the biggest portion of this game period.
    OK then feel free to replace the word WHALE for SPENDER .... same applies πŸ‘
    Yup a muti million dollar game has more ftp then spenders smh 🀦.
    How do you know it doesn't? 1 player could have spent a combined total of 5 mil on a game and account for its entire revenue but they might have 200k players playing free.

I'm just going to see myself out now, I'd recommend finding a quiet corner in your home, stand there and have a word with yourself
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 771 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think there’s a big leap between β€œspent some money once or twice over 8+ years” and expecting someone to pay $9.99 a month to play a game.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 β˜…β˜…β˜…

DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

I think you’re forgetting that part of the reason Battlegrounds is functional is because of FTP or low spending players. If you take out everyone who isn’t willing/able to spend monthly you’ll be waiting a lot longer for BG matches.

No this game works cause of whales and low spending players ftp is just a Is plague on this game.
    You'll likely find that those whales account for a very tiny amount of players playing the game. I'd be willing to bet that, for every 1 whale there is at least 10 FTP players, this game could not exist with JUST whales playing it ... who would they match against in BGs? Or even how long would it take them to find a match? Then consider they're whales, if they can't find matches in what's arguably the best mode the game has to offer, then what would make them stick around?
    I'm willing to bet they are way more people spending 10-100 dollars a month on this game then anybody else. Causal spenders make up the biggest portion of this game period.
    What is that based on?

The millions of dollars they make every year off this game. lmao. What you think a small part of this community pay millions while the rest are ftp?
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 771 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    How big is the community? Do you know how many active players there are right now?
  • Options
    Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Been playing this game since 2016 and they are very very few people I have met they have never spent on this game. If you have spent on this game you are not ftp by they way.
    So if someone buys a 4.99 Peter Parker wallet in 2017 that means they CANNOT be a ftp now in 2023? πŸ€”πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
    Exactly you are not free to play.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

OK then feel free to replace the word WHALE for SPENDER .... same applies πŸ‘
    Yup a muti million dollar game has more ftp then spenders smh 🀦.
    How do you know it doesn't? 1 player could have spent a combined total of 5 mil on a game and account for its entire revenue but they might have 200k players playing free.

I'm just going to see myself out now, I'd recommend finding a quiet corner in your home, stand there and have a word with yourself
    Yeah that sounds totally feasible. I recommend crawling out from under your little rock and joining the real world.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 346 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Weird how this discussion started out as an advocate to paywall and now we’ve got the fatigued β€œwhale vs FTP” debate
  • Options
    #DONTPAYDONTPLAY
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 524 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This guy is obviously disagree farming
  • Options
    OK you guys are right. I stopped spending I'm ftp now. I'm gonna give a ftp account tour and show all my ftp r5 6* in my next post.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 346 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DL864 said:

OK you guys are right. I stopped spending I'm ftp now. I'm gonna give a ftp account tour and show all my ftp r5 6* in my next post.

Didn’t you just say earlier if you’ve spent before you’re not FTP?

• Options
    DUHveed said:

DL864 said:

Didn’t you just say earlier if you’ve spent before you’re not FTP?

Oh no I'm using these guys rules. If I quit spending I'm ftp. Sounds stupid doesn't it?
  • Options

I've read some deranged stuff on these forums before but this doesn't just take the biscuit, it takes the entire McVities factory. Someone call 9-9-9, this guy needs to be Sectioned!

YES WE DISAGREE THIS GUY HAS TO BE SILENCED. Relax Stalin.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DL864 said:

So I think kabam should just go ahead and start charging for their game. So I think it should be something like the sigil and if you pay you get full access to everything. If you are ftp you only get access to story mode and some alliance events. Monthly content aw and bgs would be behind a pay wall. I also think this would help with cheating.

Way to lose an embarrassingly massive number of players
  • Options
    DUHveed said:

DL864 said:

ShuGokis said:

This would infact not help with cheating, take COD for example that is paid for and it is full of cheaters. Just because something is paid for doesn't mean it will stop all cheaters from bothering with the game. Not to mention NO ONE is going to pay just to play aw, bgs and monthly content.

If you didn't pay you would only get access to 1 arena no features. I'm pretty sure that would definitely help with the bots. You are absolutely right it won't stop all cheating but it would help significantly. I think more people would pay then you think. Look how many pay for sigil and you don't get a lot. Now imagine having access to 1 arena aq and story mode if you didn't pay. I think have a lot more paying to play then you think.
    Paywalling the game won’t fix the issues. I personally wouldn’t play the game if I’m being forced to pay to play. That completely defeats the purpose of the freemium business model that Kabam has done for years

You should actually google freemium and it works exactly what I'm describing.
  • Options

DL864 said:

So I think kabam should just go ahead and start charging for their game. So I think it should be something like the sigil and if you pay you get full access to everything. If you are ftp you only get access to story mode and some alliance events. Monthly content aw and bgs would be behind a pay wall. I also think this would help with cheating.

How many are ftp? I betting you don't know and ether do I. But looking at the revenue last year I'm could make an educated guess that more pay to play then are ftp.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    Mackey said:

DL864 said:

Mackey said:

DL864 said:

ShuGokis said:

This would infact not help with cheating, take COD for example that is paid for and it is full of cheaters. Just because something is paid for doesn't mean it will stop all cheaters from bothering with the game. Not to mention NO ONE is going to pay just to play aw, bgs and monthly content.

If you didn't pay you would only get access to 1 arena no features. I'm pretty sure that would definitely help with the bots. You are absolutely right it won't stop all cheating but it would help significantly. I think more people would pay then you think. Look how many pay for sigil and you don't get a lot. Now imagine having access to 1 arena aq and story mode if you didn't pay. I think have a lot more paying to play then you think.
    You honestly think people would just turn around and give kabam their money to keep playing a game that has being free for some 8 years? Behave yourself, all that would happen is a huge chunk of the playerbase would drop the game in its entirety or play it free very casually.

Got to be the worst idea I've seen
    There are plenty of games that do this and would disagree.
    And how many of those games spent 8 years establishing themselves as a free to play game only to then turn around and start charging? Most the games you speak of don't tend to last this long ... and there is a reason why
    And they kept the game going on fairy dust and rainbows? FTP players should be grateful to the whales. I sure am.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No thanks.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Troll
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DL864 said:

DL864 said:

I'm could make an educated guess that more pay to play then are ftp.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/dont-be-surprised-that-just-2-2-per-cent-of-f2p-players-spend-money

β€œFlurry data shows that the number of people who spend money in a free game ranges from 0.5% to 6% depending on the quality of the game and its core mechanics”

https://web.archive.org/web/20110810132946/http://blog.flurry.com/bid/65656/Free-to-play-Revenue-Overtakes-Premium-Revenue-in-the-App-Store

https://venturebeat.com/games/only-0-15-of-mobile-gamers-account-for-50-percent-of-all-in-game-revenue-exclusive/

A game making a lot of money is not a reason that a lot of players spend. In games like this, a massive amount is gained from a small percentage of players.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Worst. Idea. Ever. Period.
  • Options
    Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Honestly I think you have a point
  • Options
    Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This could start something
  • Options

Op, this is the third post today you have made (on two separate forum accounts) with the exact same wording and subject. There is no need to spam forums on this.

That's a lie. I made 1 post it posted twice for some reason. Let's not make things up. I only have 1 account on here and in game.