**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    Bayouem said:

You disabled matchmaking but champs that were placed on defense are locked into defense. If war is going to be down is there anyway we could have our champs back lol?

“Locked” out from what other content ?

Think it is only AQ where any AW defenders are still locked out of.

You can use them anywhere else now (starting this month, with the new persistent placement AW defense and 2 day attack).

But if you really want to use your AW defenders in the meantime (until they re-activate Wars), just go in and remove yourself from Defense. Click “JOIN” on another BG (but don’t actually continue to do the full Join there, that seems to actually Remove you from any BG), or go into your own BG and do NEW TEAM followed by LEAVE BATTLEGROUP.
  • Options
    FlushFlush Posts: 108

Bayouem said:

You disabled matchmaking but champs that were placed on defense are locked into defense. If war is going to be down is there anyway we could have our champs back lol?

You can use them anywhere else now (starting this month, with the new persistent placement AW defense and 2 day attack).

But if you really want to use your AW defenders in the meantime (until they re-activate Wars), just go in and remove yourself from Defense. Click “JOIN” on another BG (but don’t actually continue to do the full Join there, that seems to actually Remove you from any BG), or go into your own BG and do NEW TEAM followed by LEAVE BATTLEGROUP.
    yea tryed that doesn't work, select new team then leave battle group, wont let us leave
  • Options
    ShalzzShalzz Posts: 20
    Hey kabam, could you please include Entry Permission approval by leader or officer in AW. I am in lower alliance. The new comers always join in AW, even after we ask them not to join. It mess up our entire AW. It will be really nice to have such mechanism.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    (defenders still locked)…

It does seem like when they disabled AW, that the ability to remove yourself (and thus free your Defenders) did indeed get prevented as well.
    (*note, those 2 methods I mentioned earlier DID work earlier in the week, before AW was disabled again).

But at least they are only locked out from using them in AQ (but not a consolation if it is AQ that you need one of them).
    Any other content they are still available.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike could you share if the war season be delayed again? I understand this is a complex feature and it might take time to fix it. But please let us know if the season will be delayed again, because I normally start to buy potions a week before the season, if it's delayed again, my potions will expire by then.
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 143
    Is there another thread where Kabam responds to any of this? Not a peep from them here besides the original post.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I would Like my Champs from aw defence for aq Attack Back, please....

• Options
    CrazyBunnyZoyCrazyBunnyZoy Posts: 34

Is there another thread where Kabam responds to any of this? Not a peep from them here besides the original post.

LoL at first I thought they were busy with bugs, then that it was the weekend… at this point at most they will brush everything off by only replying about the broken matchmaking and the difficulties for 1/2 BGs wars.

I smell a lot of censorship and ignoring the masteries issues.
    Some hero is gonna do the walk of shame at some point , they re probably seeing who draws the short stick😂
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Soooo war has been delayed once again. I'm not that "cOmPeNSaTiOn" type of guy, but the loyalty-loss is getting significant.
  • Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 354 ★★
    It may be hard to change war season rewards but additional BG milestones next season (similar to the current BG season) due to war season delay would be appreciated
  • Options

This is the only word we get about it. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    so where is the aw? Isn't it supposed to start already?
  • Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 354 ★★
    Could we get an ETA on offseason wars resuming? Will matchmaking be enabled soon?
  • Options
    SmokegunSmokegun Posts: 9
    @Kabam Miike

Please, free our defenders :D.
    AW are delayed to 2 augustus, ok it s not cool. This content is great, and first of all , I wish you to find the best way to fix the pb.

When there is no war, we are pleased to do some AQ8 in place of AQ6. But actually champs like Doom Absorbing Hulkling are still locked :(.

Thx
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    Any word on if they are rethinking the mastery situation? This is not a protest or a threat just what I'm planning on doing. . I'm a high platinum 2 player last 10 seasons or so, so not great but not terrible either. I'm just not playing competitive war if this actually goes live. I'm sure I can find a casual Plat 4 alliance who won't care if I place with suicides on. Heck maybe even a Plat 3. 1 or 2 tiers of war rewards is not work the stress and life change necessary to respec at an exact moment every 2 days for a month. Don't really want to have to set an alarm.
  • Options
    Hopefully we get a solid answer about this stuff after the weekend.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I believe it would be fair to give alliances full 2 weeks (from the moment matchmaking works again) to practice / test the new placement and attack system

Just start the season 2 weeks after matchmaking works again, let alliances test things. No one expected matchmaking not to work, we don’t know what else may or may not be working. That is the point of 2-week offseason, to be sure everything works properly and for alliances to figure out how to use the new placement and attack phase (all of that with wars being available for practice, obviously, can’t test anything now)

Agreed, Kabam should push it to middle August, looks like devs working on this are on vacation.
  • Options
    IamNortonIamNorton Posts: 26
    When can I get my defender champs back so I can use them in AQ. This is crazy stupid the AW being broken this long and not being able to use champs for weeks is crazy.
  • Options

• Options
    IamNortonIamNorton Posts: 26

Bayouem said:

That would be nice if it worked that way I'm to the point of quitting my alliance and rejoining to get my full team back just to use them in AQ
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I'm missing out on a good loyalty pre season farm...
    😤 Bring it back already
  • Options

IamNorton said:

That would be nice if it worked that way I'm to the point of quitting my alliance and rejoining to get my full team back just to use them in AQ

You missed the follow ups, when once they Disabled Wars entirely, that I mentioned this was no longer working.

It DID work before that point.

And (**FYI FOR EVERYONE**), they have re-enabled Wars again now, (as in the Auto-Enlistment Setup can now be joined/edited/rearranged/removed/etc once again now), so the 2 suggestions above to reclaim champs for AQ are now working again.

The announcement at top saying (edited, AW, not BG) “Preseason resumes this Wednesday” actually means that AW is open again for Placement (and thus Auto-Enlistment setup) at this time. Which is good that everyone will have a couple days to actually set things up again (instead of just re-enabling wars on Wed, as technically implied, but not giving any setup time in advance).