Game updating constantly [merged]

Comments

• salomsalom Member Posts: 18
    Is this ever going to be fixed?
  • spacejumper5193spacejumper5193 Member Posts: 153 ★★
    I never had the updating problem, until this update...why isnt this fixed yet?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Trying to enter fight against AA in EQ 1.2 and it kicks over to updating...

• JKlinsmann11JKlinsmann11 Member Posts: 4

The bugs are so bad...
  • SuperStrannikSuperStrannik Member Posts: 50

Oky im done waiting @kabam. Honestly this is going onto the 4th month now in a row and this issue for players has not yet been resolved. Ive lost so much these past three months, no aq, no aw, no battlegrounds, no eq ect... Im tierd of waiting and hoping the next month u guys would found the problem and fixed it. Each month we ask and no reply. No feedback on as to when it will be resolved. I feel really sorry for all the players suffering the this issue who have spent time and money on this game all for nothing. And again ill say"now i know the true meaning of kabam".

The problem has been known for a long time.

It lies in the fact that the game is too large when transferred to the public domain, only through google play it can be downloaded normally, and if it is downloaded differently, then this bug occurs.

And as for the decision of the cabs, they once said that they could not do anything about it, it was their own fault that you were not downloading from google play and if you want to solve the problem, you can try to do as the person wrote on the forum.
    salom said:

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Never
    edited August 2023
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

Create a launcher for the game, it will weigh less, and the game will be downloaded through it, and everything will be downloaded normally for people who cannot download from google play.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,205 ★★★★★
    A clean uninstall and reinstall of the game fixed it for me
    ahmynuts said:

A clean uninstall and reinstall of the game fixed it for me

It didn't help me
  • JKlinsmann11JKlinsmann11 Member Posts: 4
    Nothing yet.... Eternally waiting for Kabug...
  • CodeNakedCodeNaked Member Posts: 6
    I'm having this problem too. I'm wasting tons of energy because I will get partway through a quest and be forced to quit. If I try again, I keep being stuck at the exact same fights. I'm using a Google Pixel phone running Android 13 and playing game v.41.0.0. It's currently happening to me at the final boss fight (Void) in Proven 2.1. Obviously , there are some paths I have managed to complete, but some paths are completely impassable. Rebooting the phone does nothing. Changing from Cellular to WiFi, or vice-versa, does nothing.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

Is there any update on this? Apparently this issue has been occurring for 3 months, but it hasn't impacted me until this most recent update. This bug has made the Event Quest completely unplayable for me, and I was spending over 50% of my gaming time in that mode.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,523 ★★★★★
    You are using a phone that Google have been barred from supporting with Google Play. Sucks, but Kabam are in the middle of it, not responsible for it.
    I am using a Pixel 7, manufactured by Google. I'm pretty sure Google supports Google Play on it.
  • Rajrk91342Rajrk91342 Member Posts: 168
    CodeNaked said:

I'm having this problem too. I'm wasting tons of energy because I will get partway through a quest and be forced to quit. If I try again, I keep being stuck at the exact same fights. I'm using a Google Pixel phone running Android 13 and playing game v.41.0.0. It's currently happening to me at the final boss fight (Void) in Proven 2.1. Obviously , there are some paths I have managed to complete, but some paths are completely impassable. Rebooting the phone does nothing. Changing from Cellular to WiFi, or vice-versa, does nothing.

Same problem with me
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 163
    Periodic downloads of updates in between fights started to appear in my game after the latest update for Aug month. It happened very frequently for my Android such that it is gobbling up my data while playing on the go. I’m using LG Android phone.
  • Rajrk91342Rajrk91342 Member Posts: 168
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We're investigating this right now.

@druvjoshi @SUPREME77 @Kryptonite1991 and anyone encountering this "updating" wheel/download bar between screens:

Did a reset resolve this issue?

No, Any update?
  • Cold_WraithCold_Wraith Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
    First i got this in incursions. I reinstalled the game and could go through. Now it happened again in gm gauntlet. Even reinstalling didn't help. Im stuck and my boosters are gone. Please say something

First i got this in incursions. I reinstalled the game and could go through. Now it happened again in gm gauntlet. Even reinstalling didn't help. Im stuck and my boosters are gone. Please say something

My condolences to you
  • RafaCasRafaCas Member Posts: 2
    Hi I have the same problem, somebody can help me?
  • RafaCasRafaCas Member Posts: 2
    The update never finish, and i can't complete incursions and quests
  • t123459t123459 Member Posts: 94
    please help @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos we cant play the game its always updating
  • TheLegendaryNinjaTheLegendaryNinja Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2023
    For reference: I have an android phone, Android 13, big brand flagship phone bought just last month.

Not sure if I am facing the same issue: for certain champions (likely a majority of champions), whenever I have them on my team and I go into starting the fight, the game shows the "UPDATING..." screen with Vox background.

Now, the sad part is, that somehow I entered the 6-star shard Arena with one of these bugged champions. So, I am completely locked out of that arena. My top 15 champs all have this issue, so I am locked out of quests and incursions as well.

So I have no way of playing the game and making use of the Legends week rewards. I guess it was silly of me to think that I can come back to the game and try it out again, thinking this bug has been fixed since last month or so.

Kabam, PLEASE try to see what changed between April and today's app, this bug was not present in April, however my last device (android, oneplus) also has this bug now.
  • xmavi75xmavi75 Member Posts: 3
    same issue for over 5 months: each time i try to fight i get an infinite update til the game won't crash. got already kicked out of many allys for this issue so this just makes the game unplayable, please solve this!!
  • xmavi75xmavi75 Member Posts: 3
    xmavi75 said:

same issue for over 5 months: each time i try to fight i get an infinite update til the game won't crash. got already kicked out of many allys for this issue so this just makes the game unplayable, please solve this!!

update: after many tries i've decided that i'm gonna stop playing the game till this issue get solved lmao
  • Medardo49Medardo49 Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem... Please fix it.
    I playing in Huawei p30 lite, I have this problem.
    I playing in samsung j7 prime, I don't have a problem. Why?
    Its a bug of game, but not of Phone...
    Medardo49 said:

Its a bug of game, but not of Phone...

Yes, this is the problem of unpacking the game on third-party services, because as kabam says, the game is too large and some of the files are lost, so they themselves blame those who do not download through google play

For more than a month, I have repeatedly proposed the idea of making a launcher for the game that will download files inside the launcher so that nothing is lost, but they don't hear me, like everyone else on this topic

Yes??! @Kabam Miike