Show Me 7* Morbius Stats/abilities and Then I will Spend...

Comments

• coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    I’m not even buying the pass for morbius. He’s just a nice bonus imo. I’m gonna get an opportunity to get a 6* plat pool, my next 7*, potentially another 7* from paragons, plenty of units, energy refills, gold
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Polygon said:

We can all agree that we have been seeing kabam slip up a few times in the last couple of weeks. To the point that I am skeptical about how I approach this game, and even more how I spend on it. I feel thats a bit silly that kabam's main strategy to sell us the platinum triple pass is a 6* / 7* Morbius but there is absolutely no info found anywhere to see if he is a champ you actually want or not. Like come on Kabam, whats his class, abilities, synergies, etc...? I know that even if they share us that info now they can just "Rebalance him" Hours/Weeks/Months/or even years later but still, some info is better than nothing for 3 months... Taking all of this into consideration I will gladly enjoy the normal pass until kabam tells us more about this champ.

That’s my dilema too. What if he is as bad as his movie?
    You can assume that given that thronebreakers have access to the deal as well, that at best, Morbius will be mid, and at worst a bad champ.

They’re not just going to hand out a Shuri/Hulk/Domino/Chavez/Bishop/Mantis/Sunspot/Venom tier champ for someone that’s not even Paragon yet
    Champ designers don't aim champs at being poor performers. They aim everything at a similar target overall, and then they end up where they end up. They will aim champs at different kinds of niches, and some of those niches might be valued more today than others, but they don't aim performance that way.

So they might make a champ have a higher skill level requirement, and because of that such a champ might end up performing lower than expected, or it can end up performing much higher than expected because the skill requirement ends up lower than intended and everyone ends up getting really good performance out of the champ. But they don't ever say well we need to make a champ that we're going to give away in October, so lets try not to make it worth anything.

In the long run, that's counterproductive because every champ they make that's deliberately "mid or worse" is a champ players are less likely to pursue. The whole "we're giving it away for just twenty five bucks" thing is only temporarily meaningful. In a year or two Morbius is going to be just another champ that has to hold players interests just as much as every other.
    I know this is the official Kabam response since I’ve heard them saying something similar before. And I get that a champ can be more powerful than they anticipated since players might find creative ways to use them such as quake or Hercules immortality. But I don’t get how they underperform? I assume they test these champs before release? So where do they test them? Can we get that info for champs that were underperforming to understand the thought process? Or is it the case that we as players have a different valuation of what underperforming means compared to what Kabam deems underperforming? I won’t mention Groot because he’s such an old champion. But let’s look at someone like Captain Britain for instance. Was she made for a very unique and specific scenario that’s why most players don’t value her highly? Or is she just underperforming in general? If so, how did her testing go for devs to think she wouldn’t underperform? At least for me, this is one of the things that makes me question whether Morbius will be good or just another captain Britain
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Polygon said:

We can all agree that we have been seeing kabam slip up a few times in the last couple of weeks. To the point that I am skeptical about how I approach this game, and even more how I spend on it. I feel thats a bit silly that kabam's main strategy to sell us the platinum triple pass is a 6* / 7* Morbius but there is absolutely no info found anywhere to see if he is a champ you actually want or not. Like come on Kabam, whats his class, abilities, synergies, etc...? I know that even if they share us that info now they can just "Rebalance him" Hours/Weeks/Months/or even years later but still, some info is better than nothing for 3 months... Taking all of this into consideration I will gladly enjoy the normal pass until kabam tells us more about this champ.

You can assume that given that thronebreakers have access to the deal as well, that at best, Morbius will be mid, and at worst a bad champ.

They’re not just going to hand out a Shuri/Hulk/Domino/Chavez/Bishop/Mantis/Sunspot/Venom tier champ for someone that’s not even Paragon yet
    Champ designers don't aim champs at being poor performers. They aim everything at a similar target overall, and then they end up where they end up. They will aim champs at different kinds of niches, and some of those niches might be valued more today than others, but they don't aim performance that way.

So they might make a champ have a higher skill level requirement, and because of that such a champ might end up performing lower than expected, or it can end up performing much higher than expected because the skill requirement ends up lower than intended and everyone ends up getting really good performance out of the champ. But they don't ever say well we need to make a champ that we're going to give away in October, so lets try not to make it worth anything.

In the long run, that's counterproductive because every champ they make that's deliberately "mid or worse" is a champ players are less likely to pursue. The whole "we're giving it away for just twenty five bucks" thing is only temporarily meaningful. In a year or two Morbius is going to be just another champ that has to hold players interests just as much as every other.
    I know this is the official Kabam response since I’ve heard them saying something similar before. And I get that a champ can be more powerful than they anticipated since players might find creative ways to use them such as quake or Hercules immortality. But I don’t get how they underperform? I assume they test these champs before release? So where do they test them? Can we get that info for champs that were underperforming to understand the thought process? Or is it the case that we as players have a different valuation of what underperforming means compared to what Kabam deems underperforming? I won’t mention Groot because he’s such an old champion. But let’s look at someone like Captain Britain for instance. Was she made for a very unique and specific scenario that’s why most players don’t value her highly? Or is she just underperforming in general? If so, how did her testing go for devs to think she wouldn’t underperform? At least for me, this is one of the things that makes me question whether Morbius will be good or just another captain Britain
    She's underrated, IMO.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Hopefully he won't need awakening like NF.
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 263 ★★
    The other rewards for 3 months is definitely worth the 24$.
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    Renaxqq said:

Hopefully he won't need awakening like NF.

And that would be the catch. And to awakening part will be behind a huge paywall.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★

Hopefully his stats are better than his box office returns.

I still haven't watched it yet. That being said, even the current "low* 7* are still decent. Kabam may have gotten some stuff wrong, but they way they built the 7* isn't one of them.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,540 ★★★★

Hopefully his stats are better than his box office returns.

Maybe it's all hype.. no substance.. but hey, Morbius could be Blade 2.0
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2023
    I would bet he’ll be pretty good, although not OP.

My fave champ is my 7* r2 venom. I also love my blade. If I’m lucky, I can smell some synergy love coming my way.

If I ran the world- synergy w blade and venom.

Blade- huge increase in bleeds (both amount to boost special damage, and potency.) think agent venom kraven synergy here.

Also- to me his bleeds fall off WAY too fast.

Nobody in the game should bleed ‘‘em more than blade!

As for venom- would love to see a 30% chance to proc a meaty regen each time he gains a new buff.

Just hope Morbius either doesn’t need the dupe, or, - ahem Kabam- we get the chance to awaken him if he does… I’d pay some dollars for that! 😊
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★

• Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    Considering that this is an extremely easy way of obtaining a guaranteed 7* champion, and a new champion at that, I highly doubt Kabam's going to make him crazy good. If they did, most people would get an amazing 7* champ for "free" and all the people that didn't buy the passes would be upset that they didn't buy them cause they thought he wouldn't be good. I agree that it would be their fault for assuming he would be subpar, but I still don't think Kabam wants to make the community upset over yet another thing even if the anger would be unjustified. I'm willing to bet he's going to be decent. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's perfectly fine by me.

DNA3000 said:

Polygon said:

She's underrated, IMO.
    I was always thought people were exaggerating when they said you like to derail conversations, but I’m starting to get what they mean 🤣🤣 but good for you that you think she’s underrated. But not the main point I was trying to make to start an argument whether she’s good or bad. That’s a discussion for a different thread you can start 🤣🤣
    Just because you commented doesn't mean you're in control of the conversation. You gave an example, and I said I think she's underrated. So I'm not sure that's the best example.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Member Posts: 249
    I don’t know at all, but i really think he’ll be good, really good- think Knull level.

But, so that it doesn’t seem woefully unfair to the non-spenders, they could build him so that he has a natural counter.

Even on the simplest level- nothing in the game has more natural counters than champions that rely on bleeds for just about everything.

You could make his bleeds nuke everything, and he’s still not going to put a dent in my ultron!
  • EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Member Posts: 115 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Polygon said:

found the kabam mole
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Polygon said:

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★

Considering that this is an extremely easy way of obtaining a guaranteed 7* champion, and a new champion at that, I highly doubt Kabam's going to make him crazy good. If they did, most people would get an amazing 7* champ for "free" and all the people that didn't buy the passes would be upset that they didn't buy them cause they thought he wouldn't be good. I agree that it would be their fault for assuming he would be subpar, but I still don't think Kabam wants to make the community upset over yet another thing even if the anger would be unjustified. I'm willing to bet he's going to be decent. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's perfectly fine by me.

I doubt he'll be crazy good or anything but it wouldn't surprise me if he needed a high sig to shine. Whether he's the new GOAT or trash, that's just too bad for the people that didn't get the pass for whatever reason. He's not locked behind Top 50 in an arena or alliance event or fastest YouTubers and whales to use a billion revives to blast through new content. Pay what really seems like barely anything considering what you get, then play the game to do the pitifully easy Objectives and you get a brand new 7 star. If he's good or trash, they can still get him in his Paragon crystal, early access bundles, and arena, so they don't really have a leg to stand on there because he's not locked behind a paywall.
  • Buzerk1969Buzerk1969 Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2023
    You don't have to buy the bundle; the bundle stands by itself without the 7*. There are no such thing as free things with Kabam, but this, I will take any day without any info. Karnak is one of the worst champ in the game and yet some of us have R5 their 6* and mastered him, if they were giving him away, I would go for him too. A champ is champ, if it's a free 7*, even better
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Let's assume for a moment Kabam just removed the 7 star guaranteed champion... You would still likely buy the pass.

And if he is the worst 7 star champ in the game... you wouldn't have complained if the prize was 15000 7 star shards and you just opened whatever champion you think is the worst one in the pool.

• Caleb1705Caleb1705 Member Posts: 259 ★★★

Let's assume for a moment Kabam just removed the 7 star guaranteed champion... You would still likely buy the pass.

And if he is the worst 7 star champ in the game... you wouldn't have complained if the prize was 15000 7 star shards and you just opened whatever champion you think is the worst one in the pool.

I bought the plat pass as soon as I saw it was discounted. Didn't even know there was a 7* until after the fact 😅
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    Since its a paywall champ he will prob be god tier just to screw F2P
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    here's the kick in the below area ... he will DEFINITELY need his dupe LOL ... i can see it now. all the hype of getting him and he needs the dupe to be exceptional in content .. would be a proper way to encourage spending for the dupe no? lol

SuelGames said:

Fingers crossed that's the case
    They've figured it out. Kabam had a staff meeting and decided how best to stick it to Players who don't spend. They patiently waited months for this and incorporated it into their design plans for Morbius. Finally, their plan is set in motion, and they can snub F2P Players! Muahahaha.
    (Incase someone can't tell, that's sarcasm.)
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

SuelGames said:

Fingers crossed that's the case
    They've figured it out. Kabam had a staff meeting and decided how best to stick it to Players who don't spend. They patiently waited months for this and incorporated it into their design plans for Morbius. Finally, their plan is set in motion, and they can snub F2P Players! Muahahaha.
    (Incase someone can't tell, that's sarcasm.)
    Sadly, you know there's enough players out there that would actually believe that
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    SuelGames said:

Why are you assuming he is a pay wall character. The way I read it he was just going to be one of the October champs.
    Ortoun said:

SuelGames said:

Why are you assuming he is a pay wall character. The way I read it he was just going to be one of the October champs.
    This is true. He's just available earlier through the Event.
  • CassyCassy Member Posts: 1,078 ★★★
    Is it confirmed that there are only 2 new Champions in Oktober?

Wasn't there at least one time we got 3 new Champs?