**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

AI is unnaturally fast

Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 663 ★★★★
I’m getting parried after enemies throw heavies and specials as well as while trying to intercept with specials. I’m losing BG matches because the AI is doing the impossible.

Comments

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I was monthly event questing and side quests for a few hours, then switched over to Incursions. As soon as I started incursions the speed felt like it was 1.5x faster than everything else I had been previously doing. It was so noticeable because of the hour or more I'd been regular questing.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★

Deacon said:

Anyone know why Bishop all of a sudden can't parry Zemo?? It only happens to me in Battlegrounds. I can parry him all day and night in quests, duels etc. Get into a BG match and I literally can not parry him with Bishop.

He does have non contact attacks that you can't parry
    This, or Zemo inflicted those disorient passives, reducing your bishop’s defensive ability accuracy to parry-stun his attacks that makes contact
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,169 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Karuseus said:

Deacon said:

Anyone know why Bishop all of a sudden can't parry Zemo?? It only happens to me in Battlegrounds. I can parry him all day and night in quests, duels etc. Get into a BG match and I literally can not parry him with Bishop.

This, or Zemo inflicted those disorient passives, reducing your bishop’s defensive ability accuracy to parry-stun his attacks that makes contact
    i considered that but nope. I never have issues with Bishop or OG Storm or Apoc against him .. and parry is the one thing in his kit that he can't purify but none of them can parry him in BGs and only BGs. Might just be me who knows.

*EDIT

Just noticed in a match just now that it indeed says "PARRY" but he is not being parried.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,535 ★★★★★
    I wish the AI in BG was fast, or at least moved any direction that isn't backwards. AI is a mess across the board, may as well make this season all or nothing when in sat baiting a special for literally 90 seconds and go on to lose the fight by about 500 Points because a toad, or a titania didn't want to use their special.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    I also wonder, how much does one have to Dex or hit the block of the AI, to make em throw their specials....? (A lot of times, it takes an impossibly long time to bait specials). I wish I could femme fatale seduce the AI, at this point 🤦
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

I also wonder, how much does one have to Dex or hit the block of the AI, to make em throw their specials....? (A lot of times, it takes an impossibly long time to bait specials). I wish I could femme fatale seduce the AI, at this point 🤦

This is every match I have in BGs of late lol they also seem to just keep dashing backwards and holding block 80% of the time. I genuinely wonder how some guys are still beating my champs in 40 seconds or less and I can't even end then before the 2 mins is up coz of the passiveness 😂
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,169 ★★★★★
    hi_im_sir said:

Deacon said:

Karuseus said:

Deacon said:

i considered that but nope. I never have issues with Bishop or OG Storm or Apoc against him .. and parry is the one thing in his kit that he can't purify but none of them can parry him in BGs and only BGs. Might just be me who knows.

*EDIT

Just noticed in a match just now that it indeed says "PARRY" but he is not being parried.
    did you parry his mediums or lights?
    no idea at this point lol. i ran duels and it works just fine .. it only happens in BGs. i can parry him all day long in duels, event quest ... right from the start of the fight. but nope, not in BG.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,070 Guardian
    Deacon said:

hi_im_sir said:

Deacon said:

Karuseus said:

Deacon said:

*EDIT

no idea at this point lol. i ran duels and it works just fine .. it only happens in BGs. i can parry him all day long in duels, event quest ... right from the start of the fight. but nope, not in BG.
    Use the combo tracker to see which hits you are parrying. Zemo has noncontact mediums so very vew champions can parry his mediums.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 884 ★★★
    Whenever scorpion or ms pulls out an sp1, I just block. It’s a waste of time and up to dodge back since ai can cover more ground than u can dashing back. Sure like to see how the devs fair in this
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,386 ★★★★★

Whenever scorpion or ms pulls out an sp1, I just block. It’s a waste of time and up to dodge back since ai can cover more ground than u can dashing back. Sure like to see how the devs fair in this

That one is a tricky one. You need distance to start with.
  • Options
    LacerosLaceros Posts: 106 ★★
    Mfs when opponents arent sandbags:
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,050 ★★★★
    I got parried while I was mid combo that took all my health and lost round 3 of bg, super frustrating.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

hi_im_sir said:

Deacon said:

Karuseus said:

Deacon said:

*EDIT

Could you record a duel @Deacon ? Or screenshots ?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,028 ★★★★★
    This just happened to me. I was fighting hulkling with ghost and after letting him hit into my phase, they reacted faster before my medium can connect. First scenario they dexed away after hitting into phase, next one I ended up eating a parry.

I thought it was just hulkling having speedy recovery. Should’ve known it was another ingame faulty occurence
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

This just happened to me. I was fighting hulkling with ghost and after letting him hit into my phase, they reacted faster before my medium can connect. First scenario they dexed away after hitting into phase, next one I ended up eating a parry.

I thought it was just hulkling having speedy recovery. Should’ve known it was another ingame faulty occurence

This has been there pretty much forever. Or at least for years .In any case it's not new.

If you don't immediately punish the first medium, they can always remove themselves. If you want with 100% guarantee, hit the opponent, use light attack after their first medium
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

I have dexed scorpy boy's sp1 plenty of times
    It's just that you need to have 1 or 2 dash backs worth of distance from him when he launches it. After that just dash back as fast as you can
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,535 ★★★★★

It's just that you need to have 1 or 2 dash backs worth of distance from him when he launches it. After that just dash back as fast as you can
    I would but my character likes to put his block up for one singular frame every single.dashback, and once I initiate even a one frame block I'm stuck blocking the whole special.

I miss old mcoc when I could dex multiple times in a row fluidly.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,070 Guardian

I would but my character likes to put his block up for one singular frame every single.dashback, and once I initiate even a one frame block I'm stuck blocking the whole special.

Dex with your right thumb from the right side of the screen to not get a block input on the dex. This is also critical if you use Lady D because her sp3 puts her right in front of the enemy so if they throw a light, you'll get a blocked hit on the dex and lose ferocity.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,715 ★★★★★

If your finger touches the screen before you swipe it'll register as a block then dex. That's how i think it works at least. If you're using your left thumb to dex play a match or two deliberately making sure to swipe the entire input. If that doesn't change anything I wouldn't be surprised if it was an input issue
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    Tbh whats been pissing me off the most is you launch your relic mid combo, and somehow your stupid relic atack still misses, like wtf, like the reach isnt enough or something. Not in all relics, but some
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 663 ★★★★
    SuelGames said:

Tbh whats been pissing me off the most is you launch your relic mid combo, and somehow your stupid relic atack still misses, like wtf, like the reach isnt enough or something. Not in all relics, but some

This especially happens if you try to intercept with your relic.