Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Just got Kabammed out of 300 7* Shards

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,839 ★★★★★

I was debating on buying the Morbius deal and finally decided on it but i had rewards from the stash i was just cleaning up first so that they wouldnt expire. I didn’t know claiming this objective would force me at the selector screen, and since I hadn’t bought the plat deal, I was forced to pick the one for Gold (which is pretty much irrelevant if you get the rewards on time anyway lol). But the fact , I couldn’t buy the deal by other means prior to making that decision in the selector and the shear fact that selectors force you to pick, and not even let you just buy a deal prior is bogus. Tried to make a ticket for it and they said nothing could be done. So now I’m already down 300 7* shards , and despite my intentions for spending for the company (I was f2p before this deal).

Thanks Kabam

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000 said:

How is this remotely Kabam's fault?

1) why are selectors forcing one to pick by locking their screen? I can see why for t6cc or champions etc, as people can hoard them (but even then could add a potential one day timer where they cant continue to hoard) but regardless, this was just a matter of me buying the deal before going back into that selector so that I could pick the platinum.

2) Or alternatively, why not offer a way to buy the Morbius deal outside of the game, the same way they did for the July 4 offers?

3) after i bought the deal, what exactly would make it difficult for them to reverse the platinum option reward with what I was forced to pick? Before you answer this, let me just tell you that currently people create tickets when they pick an option out of a nexus crystal and decide later on that they want a different champion out of it. You’d be surprised how many people abuse this. So why couldn’t they have reversed it here?
  • Options

Polygon said:

DNA3000 said:

1) why are selectors forcing one to pick by locking their screen? I can see why for t6cc or champions etc, as people can hoard them (but even then could add a potential one day timer where they cant continue to hoard) but regardless, this was just a matter of me buying the deal before going back into that selector so that I could pick the platinum.

2) Or alternatively, why not offer a way to buy the Morbius deal outside of the game, the same way they did for the July 4 offers?

3) after i bought the deal, what exactly would make it difficult for them to reverse the platinum option reward with what I was forced to pick? Before you answer this, let me just tell you that currently people create tickets when they pick an option out of a nexus crystal and decide later on that they want a different champion out of it. You’d be surprised how many people abuse this. So why couldn’t they have reversed it here?
    And you couldn't wait before claiming the selector and buy the pass first?

It’s just a habit I’ve made for clearing out the stash as the first thing i do upon loading the game.

I get it, it’s easy to bash on the post since I could’ve bought the deal before claiming regardless of the habit. Nowadays everyone on forums pounces on someone for making an innocent mistake. But even the dude that made this post had a lack of foresight on including the 7* shards from these weekly boosters.

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Ngl i quick claimed everything from stash lol so I ran into the same problem oh well.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Just putting aside how ridiculous this post is...

Didn't this only make you lose 150 7* shards? Because you still got the 1 day boost from the gold track as opposed to the 2 from the plat track...
  • Options

Didn't this only make you lose 150 7* shards? Because you still got the 1 day boost from the gold track as opposed to the 2 from the plat track...

Hows that so? The gold track doesn’t have any extra rewards. Plat has 7* shards for each extra day
  • Options
    you do realize there is a preview button now...
  • Options
    GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

DNA3000 said:

And you couldn't wait before claiming the selector and buy the pass first?

It’s just a habit I’ve made for clearing out the stash as the first thing i do upon loading the game.

I get it, it’s easy to bash on the post since I could’ve bought the deal before claiming regardless of the habit. Nowadays everyone on forums pounces on someone for making an innocent mistake. But even the dude that made this post had a lack of foresight on including the 7* shards from these weekly boosters.

Nobody is pouncing on you for making a mistake, they are pouncing on you for blaming someone else for your mistake. Quite a big difference.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Polygon said:

Hows that so? The gold track doesn’t have any extra rewards. Plat has 7* shards for each extra day
    It adds 1 day to the Double Track Events, so should add an extra day to both (without Plat you're just not able to claim the rewards). Nowhere does it mention only adding a day to Gold

The names and descriptions for the items are the exact same, so I assume they work the exact same, only difference is that Plat gets 2 where Gold gets 1

So if you buy Plat you should still get atleast the extra 150 shards

Did you check to see if you have the extra day "unlocked" at the end of your track