Options

Kindred is a dissapointment

13»

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,359 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

psp742 said:

The scary thing is once Kindred is 10% or lower hp, he will place a 6sec root on your champion.. then place degen with beefy damage melting 100% hp into mush... think about a mystic Korg with degen instead of thorn damage.. he will be scary with full MD.. sad he needs awaken and high sig..

5% health he gets the root, also those degens do heal him up pretty quickly too. He also can't die with the root active so you have to hold a special for when you root him.
    NGL I just kept swinging at him with herc in the first eq fight asking him why he wouldn't die. Eventually got to a sp2.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    edited July 2023

This is comical. This champ was released less than 12 hours ago and people are already up in arms for no reason. We can list literally dozens of champs that were "awful" the first week of their release and then the complaints stopped.

Call me crazy, but I would be very happy to get Kindred and throw him in my bgs deck everytime. For BGs, give me an all out defender every day over an attacker.

Most of the damage champs etc... are replaceable by numerous options. Great defenders are not. There are really only, IMO anyway, 5 true top defensive champs that force a specific counter. Most of the great attackers can take anyone out minus the obvious mismatches.

Just out of curiosity, and to know what skill level this advice is coming from, what was your placement in GC this season?

I agree that most of the best attackers can handle a lot of fights. But also it’s pretty easy to wring out their good attackers and leave them a less than ideal matchup in round 3. And in that situation there are way more than 5 defenders.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 468 ★★★

He's weak.

Hell, if this person doesn't want him, I'll take him. 7 star and awakened please lol
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 468 ★★★
    psp742 said:

The scary thing is once Kindred is 10% or lower hp, he will place a 6sec root on your champion.. then place degen with beefy damage melting 100% hp into mush... think about a mystic Korg with degen instead of thorn damage.. he will be scary with full MD.. sad he needs awaken and high sig..

Kindred, meet my R4 6 star (Sig 200) Mr. Negative.
    Throw all the degen you want, it'll only make me stronger.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

He's weak.

Hell, if this person doesn't want him, I'll take him. 7 star and awakened please lol
    Did I say that? I want him so bad
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

psp742 said:

Kindred, meet my R4 6 star (Sig 200) Mr. Negative.
    Throw all the degen you want, it'll only make me stronger.
    Bro said
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★

This is comical. This champ was released less than 12 hours ago and people are already up in arms for no reason. We can list literally dozens of champs that were "awful" the first week of their release and then the complaints stopped.

Call me crazy, but I would be very happy to get Kindred and throw him in my bgs deck everytime. For BGs, give me an all out defender every day over an attacker.

Most of the damage champs etc... are replaceable by numerous options. Great defenders are not. There are really only, IMO anyway, 5 true top defensive champs that force a specific counter. Most of the great attackers can take anyone out minus the obvious mismatches.

Just out of curiosity, and to know what skill level this advice is coming from, what was your placement in GC this season?

I agree that most of the best attackers can handle a lot of fights. But also it’s pretty easy to wring out their good attackers and leave them a less than ideal matchup in round 3. And in that situation there are way more than 5 defenders.
    I placed Quantum 1, missed Mysterium 3 by 4 points.

The draft is obviously the most important part, but if you don't have the true great defenders in your deck you don't stand a chance in most matchups. If I place Korg, Attuma or Sassy (less so), a specific counter is required to beat them. I can beat your Doom or Rintrah with plenty of champs and most likely faster as well.

• Options
    Avengers220Avengers220 Posts: 33
    I got him from my 1st 7* titan crystal. I'm happy but I think he needs duped.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,095 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

“apoc is a dud”
    “doom sucks”

wait until you can get your hands on him and try for yourself

also don’t you have a rank 5 psycho man, who is considered to be one of the weakest tech champions? You should know it’s not beneficial to judge a book by it’s cover

Why you dont also give examples of correct early reviews that the community made? "We were wrong about apoc, torch, doom" so we shouldnt say anything isnt really valid. We also predicted which champions will be good and which wont so many times. At the least doesnt mean this kind of discussions cant happen
    I believe the point that was being made is that the arguments countering the initial dissatisfaction went away MONTHS after a champ's release and that's not including the rebalance data that should be coming in November. So, I would say final verdict is still being determined until possibly February if he does get a tune up.
  • Options
    Resternboy32Resternboy32 Posts: 118

“apoc is a dud”
    “doom sucks”

also don’t you have a rank 5 psycho man, who is considered to be one of the weakest tech champions? You should know it’s not beneficial to judge a book by it’s cover

Oh no sadly he's not r5 yet, he's r4... takes time to get the resources, but worry not-his time will come.

And yes you are correct but I'm sad about it the same way I'm sad about Psycho man's problems, of course I'll still chase Kindred but it's sad to see a champion so cool being so weak
    He is not even that cool 😂
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,210 ★★★★

“apoc is a dud”
    “doom sucks”

Oh no sadly he's not r5 yet, he's r4... takes time to get the resources, but worry not-his time will come.

And yes you are correct but I'm sad about it the same way I'm sad about Psycho man's problems, of course I'll still chase Kindred but it's sad to see a champion so cool being so weak
    He is not even that cool 😂
    I actually kinda like playing him after I got him like a month ago, very smooth, good immunities, and he isn’t stressful at all

Also why revive this?
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,512 ★★★
    I have him, he's disgusting
  • Options
    BirbmanBirbman Posts: 111
    I have him as a 7* he’s awful on attack just my opinion
  • Options
    MASTERPATRICKMASTERPATRICK Posts: 15
    Kindred sucks offensively
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 925 ★★★★
    edited March 3

Kindred sucks offensively

Yeah he only hard counters maestro who's one of the the top defenders currently 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    @Maratox why why must you give this thread a 20% rev
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    edited April 20

Terra said:

He's not even fully out yet to the hands of most.
    Give it time. First impressions can always be deceiving.
    Remember how everyone reacted to Torch or Corvus?

I knew torch was good from the start because of Lagacy
    Even Lags wasn't on the Torch Train from the very beginning lol. Everyone thought he was bad for a long while. Kabam was already committed to buffing him before Lags started showing how effective he is - that's why he got buffed regardless. Even Kabam thought he was underwhelming or at least noticed he wasn't being used much.

Terra said:

He's not even fully out yet to the hands of most.
    Give it time. First impressions can always be deceiving.
    Remember how everyone reacted to Torch or Corvus?

corvus never had anything like that to my knowledge wasnt it apocalypse?
    Nah, tons of people thought Corvus was bad when he first released. Same with Omega Red. Apocalypse got some hate when the Deep Dives dropped but those people shut their mouths once the CCP videos dropped and he arrived to the game.

Not every champ will be dishing out big numbers. Korg is not op on attack but very valuable as a defender not every champ will be offense focused.

Korg has some of the best damage output in the game with synergies so bad example lol
    Korg's damage, even with Synergies, is not remotely close to "some of the best in the game"
    https://youtu.be/XPeDCETCcas?si=ryNb-RaSaEEHmawu
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    Kindred is still a disappointment sadly I wish they got a rebalance
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,210 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can you close this thread?

@GlazzyBear create a new thread instead
  • Options
    Omg guys what's with reviving this thread?
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,103 ★★★
    The only really good offensive fight I’ve seen kindred good for is against maestro