Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,157 ★★★★★
    I don't see how they can start season 42 on August 2 with the current problems.
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 143
    edited July 2023

Yes, now u can only view them if you are in same BG, otherwise it shows like this and it's definitely annoying as there are alliances like myself with only few leaders.
    Please fix it to work on all bg's.

This is my BG. I'm just not in yet because I'm on backup this season.

That first part was supposed to be quoting pika. Sorry, relatively new to forums.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 769 ★★★★
    Osfan8 said:

Can anyone at Kabam explain how persistent placement will work for an alliance that runs 1 BG wars and doesn't always have the same participants? Most of our opponents will be in the same situation. I understand that the change is for the good of the top tier alliances and I'm not arguing against it, just trying to understand how it will work. We can't be the only alliance that doesn't have the same 10 join every war.

Mine is in the same boat and I really don’t know.

My thought is that we could build Battle Group 1 defense with our top 10 rosters and then just let anyone join attack that wants to.

My concern is how season rewards are earned. Will you qualify for season rewards if you have defenders placed all season or do you also need to attack?

If you don’t have to attack, picking 10 people to get guaranteed war rewards with no effort is gonna be tough.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Osfan8 said:

Can anyone at Kabam explain how persistent placement will work for an alliance that runs 1 BG wars and doesn't always have the same participants? Most of our opponents will be in the same situation. I understand that the change is for the good of the top tier alliances and I'm not arguing against it, just trying to understand how it will work. We can't be the only alliance that doesn't have the same 10 join every war.

After attack phase starts, all members who aren't going to participate in the next war will need to remove themselves from BG1. They can do this as soon as the attack phase starts on the current war. You'll then have 44 hours for the next war's participants to place and arrange their defenders on the map. The defenders for the next war will be locked in as soon as the next war's matchmaking starts (a few hours after attack phase ends).

Rinse/repeat every war.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Osfan8 said:

After attack phase starts, all members who aren't going to participate in the next war will need to remove themselves from BG1. They can do this as soon as the attack phase starts on the current war. You'll then have 44 hours for the next war's participants to place and arrange their defenders on the map. The defenders for the next war will be locked in as soon as the next war's matchmaking starts (a few hours after attack phase ends).

Rinse/repeat every war.
    I'm trying to follow this...for example, finish fighting the current war then how do you leave BG1? Do you still get rewards if you leave after completion but before the clock runs out?
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★

Osfan8 said:

Mine is in the same boat and I really don’t know.

My thought is that we could build Battle Group 1 defense with our top 10 rosters and then just let anyone join attack that wants to.

My concern is how season rewards are earned. Will you qualify for season rewards if you have defenders placed all season or do you also need to attack?

If you don’t have to attack, picking 10 people to get guaranteed war rewards with no effort is gonna be tough.
    Have you tried having different people attack and defend? That would be very interesting.
  • Options

Dukenpuke said:

Osfan8 said:

Rinse/repeat every war.
    Yeah sure 😆 sounds very convenient and it’s surely not a headache for officers/leaders

I'm not saying it's implemented well, I'm just demonstrating how the current system is intended to work.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,839 ★★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Dukenpuke said:

Osfan8 said:

Rinse/repeat every war.
    Yeah sure 😆 sounds very convenient and it’s surely not a headache for officers/leaders

I'm not saying it's implemented well, I'm just demonstrating how the current system is intended to work.
    I know bro, it wasn’t meant as an attack. Thanks for explaining and clarifying.
  • Options
    Osfan8 said:

Dukenpuke said:

Osfan8 said:

Rinse/repeat every war.
    I'm trying to follow this...for example, finish fighting the current war then how do you leave BG1? Do you still get rewards if you leave after completion but before the clock runs out?
    Leaving the BG will only affect future wars and won't have any effect on the current war.

From the war screen, click on "Place Heroes" to access persistent defender placement screen.

Click on "New Team" in the bottom left hand corner.

Then click "Leave Battlegroup" to remove your defenders.

Other members will now be able to place defenders in your spot for future wars.

• Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    What if your normally not in BG1. Do you need to remove your defenders from the other BG before placing defense in BG1?

This is going to be a hot mess for those that don't run the same number of BGs between season and off season.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,691 Guardian

INSIGHTFUL IDEA

That initial comment could actually be a very interesting idea for how it could work (but not how it DOES work currently).
    For 1-BG or 2-BG alliances (would have to work for 3-BG ones as well, but not as much of a benefit in that case)..

Let whichever players the Alliance wants to have for DEFENDERS in that BG1.
    But then let ANYONE actually join in for ATTACK day for that BG1.
    So you could actually have 10 different people in on attack versus which 10 players are the ones with the Defenders on map. (having defense in BG1 would NOT reserve you a spot on the attack roster).

Now, although this could be sort of unfair.. Let's put in our absolute BEST 10 players as defense, but then let others actual do the Attack.
    But at least there would be no “lockout” from allowing 20 other players from getting in, just because an earlier persistent's wars defender players never manually removed themselves for a future war to let someone else in.

Rules for Season qualification would then have to change to not just having a defense in for a war, but actually participating as an attacker (for the 5 minimum out of 12 war season requirement).

• Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    A couple of weeks ago, I suggested Kabam to put war season on hold for now and take the time and fix it (but some guys on the forum said I'm stupid, at the end , who is stupid?)

You can't release a feature like this, this will make players step away, it's obviously not well tested, it's fine if Kabam does not have enough resource to test, let players to do this, but it takes time, 3 wars is definitely not enough.

I can see the good will behind this feature, but it's only 85% done so far and there are tons of corner cases are not well handled.
  • Options
    Dr_DoomDr_Doom Posts: 3
    You are complicating something that is very easy to solve, there is no way you can imprison us in a game where we cannot be off within a 4 hour interval, there are many players with time zones. different countries, the way to solve this is an exclusive deck for AW like in BG, but you want to take units from players at all costs, which can harm alliances in alliance war and their Players, not the minimum condition of this form of MASTERY that works detrimental to the entire community.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,322 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I like the old system where Allince leaders set number of battle groups, someone new mistakenly placed defender without looking at the icon and open a 3rd battle group.. our alliance is not active.. so 2 battle groups is already not full.. lucky to get 8 in each group.. how do we remove the 3rd battle group and move that player to the first two bgs.. any mods in the forum, please 🙏 help with this. Thanks
  • Options
    psp742 said:

I like the old system where Allince leaders set number of battle groups, someone new mistakenly placed defender without looking at the icon and open a 3rd battle group.. our alliance is not active.. so 2 battle groups is already not full.. lucky to get 8 in each group.. how do we remove the 3rd battle group and move that player to the first two bgs.. any mods in the forum, please 🙏 help with this. Thanks

It didn’t actually “open up” that 3rd BG. If your enlistment is set for 2 BG wars, that is all that will be used during Matchmaking and Attack.

As for moving that players champs over from the BG3 they put them in, only that player (currently) can do that by joining either 1 or 2 instead (that will remove them from the 3rd BG). Hopefully Leadership will be able to do that in the future.
    In the meantime, their BG3 defenders will not actually get used in the next war (basically lost, unused, defenders), and they will be free to join either BG 1 or 2 on Attack so long as still open slots in there.
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    Could someone from kabam please give ist any information? The Communication is underwealming just to be pc
  • Options
    VALTVALT Posts: 5
    edited July 2023

I can't join my alliance war. Any one else experiencing this?
  • Options
    ** AW Matchmaking has been DISABLED again (thru the weekend).

Due to issues involving clawback of champs earned due to Mythic Crystals issue (that may have been involved in Defense Placement).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342271/alliance-war-matchmaker-issues#latest
  • Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 354 ★★
    Longer attack is a positive change for alliances. The only thing they still need to look into is masteries because it’s going to be extremely inconvenient for any alliance that cares about lack of suicides on defense to check the state of masteries before the match

The changes they are making are a big improvement, just need to get them to work (+ separate defensive mastery deck for war to prevent nonstop mastery checks for each war, no one needs it)
  • Options
    ShibbyMcDudeShibbyMcDude Posts: 33

This whole update has me feeling unnecessarily frustrated

Frustrated I agree on. It is a very important update though. Officers in competing war alliances were burning out left and right. This gives the Bg plenty of time to plan. So I love the update and the idea, it’s sad that it let to more bugs.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    We’ve had summer of pain. Let’s turn to the summer of love. No war. Reissue last season’s rewards to each player. Start war alongside BG season 11.
  • Options
    747mick747mick Posts: 57
    Having confusion over War. We had a victory that was a bit confusing. Especially since I didn't actually use one of my accounts to get MVP 3rd place. Here is the Line App conversation.