R. I. P. Marvel Insider (MCoC) (2017-2023) πŸ₯²

AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,967 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
Today we got the sad news of demise marvel insider rewards for MCoC. We as a community are saddened to hear that and Marvel Insider rewards for MCoC will forever remain in our hearts.
(Source: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342257/ending-collaboration-with-marvel-insider#latest)

Let's take this final moment to pay our homage to marvel insider mcoc offers and share our memorable moments.

Here's Mine:

Β«1

Comments

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,099 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Damn. What am I gonna do with my 1m+ points

If you rotate it every other month, that's like 3 years of marvel unlimited.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well, that sucks. I used to love getting the new characters each month, far sooner than I usually would in crystal drops. I've got a lot of 2*s from this, but a bunch of 3*s too. I've noticed though, that the offers have been getting pish lately, with it just being the month's limited pool crystals and 2* collector ones of same. It's why I've got so damn many points, I wasn't buying a lot of the offers that didn't guarantee a champion.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Best way to get 2* champs. Now what?

Now we get a 2 star Crystal for 50 units each
    would be better than the 100 units they currently are each month
  • FrankWhiteFrankWhite Member Posts: 181 β˜…β˜…
    Maat1985 said:

Best way to get 2* champs. Now what?

Now we get a 2 star Crystal for 50 units each
    would be better than the 100 units they currently are each month
    The pool is way smaller. That’s why they cost 100 units
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 831 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I do find it interesting every time someone suggests "why work on X, when Y needs attention", it is quickly brought up that someone else does Y, X couldn't help.

This doesn't seem like a highly specialized skillset, if a tester, champ designer who would work on reworks, or level designer is the one doing it... couldn't someone else have taken over?

If it really was that much work... I hope there because an alternative way to get the goods. Maybe add them to completion/exploration of the monthly quest at the lower two levels?

These are all the champs I got from Insider over the years:

2* Vulture, Blade, Sentry, Beast, IMIW, Night Thrasher, Void, Black Widow (Deadly Origin), Silver Surfer, Nightcrawler, Havok, Guilly 2099, Nick Fury, Corvus Glaive, Spider-Man 2099, Kitty Pryde, Angela, Kraven, Electro, Toad, Omega Sentinel, Black Cat, Rintrah, America Chavez, Hercules, Val, Odin, CAIW, Infamous Iron Man, Supreme Spidey, Shuri, Jabari Panther, Groot, Longshot, Aarkus, Viv Vision, Sandman

3* Falcon, Thor (Ragnarok), Cap IW, Dominio, Red Skull, Thing, Captain Marvel, Human Torch, Namor, Black Widow (Claire Voyant), Cull Obsidian, Squirrel Girl, Storm (Pyramid X), Red Guardian, Tigra, Sasquatch, Jabari Panther, America Chavez, Peni Parker, Kraven, Sauron, Cap Sam, Scorpion, Wong, Gorr, Galan, Hercules, Infamous Iron Man, Abs Man, Shocker

4* Emma Frost, Sunspot, Guardian, OML

(the 4*s are from various crystals we got)
  • 5ra5ra Member Posts: 62 β˜…

I never got Apoc as a 2*, but I'll always be grateful for Fury.
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,226 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    I still have 600k points left 😭
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It does feel like, from my perspective at least, that the main issues were always in the past Insider's own instability and unreliableness over the years. It's gotten much better recently and I've finally been able to take advantage of it. I feel like more people would've used it if they knew that it's gotten way easier than it was in the past.
  • gohard123gohard123 Member Posts: 1,015 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    Dukenpuke said:

I think one of the main issues is that it was region locked. There were a lot of countries that couldn't access Marvel Insider (Canada for example), and gamers from those countries felt left out.

Agree
    I've been doing it from the UK for 6 years and I didn't even use a VPN until this year.
  • allinashesallinashes Member Posts: 824 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't like this decision at all. I do Insider regularly for the 2*, and now have 1m+ points that I'll probably never use. They should offer one last round of awesome packages to let us spend accumulated points.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Today we got the sad news of demise marvel insider rewards for MCoC. We as a community are saddened to hear that and Marvel Insider rewards for MCoC will forever remain in our hearts.
    (Source: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342257/ending-collaboration-with-marvel-insider#latest)

Let's take this final moment to pay our homage to marvel insider mcoc offers and share our memorable moments.

Here's Mine:

It took a lot of time to create those packages? Easy solution keep them the same every month and just swap 2* with new champ. I just saved hours and hours of thinking and discussions for you.

I suspect the main time-sink wasn't the bundles, it was all the faffing about each month checking who had bought the bundles and sending them out and the verification of who'd done which of the monthly EQs to notify Marvel so we got the points.

• FlipBoyFlipBoy Member Posts: 104 β˜…
    Kabam sure knows how to destroy things about the game that players love. Now we have no way of getting 2* champs but to purchase in game for 50 units....straight BS. Kabam stated that it was way too much work to create bundle offers in marvel insider but yet they have no problems creating straight crappy offers in game. I don't see the difference. Kabam just wants to be greedy once again and charge money or units for 2* champs. Way to destroy yet another aspect of the game that players love. Kabam is destroying the game slowly but surely....smh 🀦.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Zuko_ILC said:

Ashacekar said:

Here's Mine:

It took a lot of time to create those packages? Easy solution keep them the same every month and just swap 2* with new champ. I just saved hours and hours of thinking and discussions for you.
    None of it is automated. It's a bunch of file swaps and queries to run. Its inefficient.