**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Santa is coming to the game?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Watching the livestream… are we getting Santa in december or am I falling for a misdirect?

Comments

• Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    Santa is not a marvel character last I checked
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    Jackd1989 said:

Not santa - ONSLAUGHT

that’s probably who it is since he’s also got a big red suit- i’m still excited either way!
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 680 ★★★

Santa IS a mutant in the 616 comics world... as was Jesus (so Exodus thinks)

However... I think they were alluding to Onslaught. Since they gave us the classic Joe Mad! cover of "Who stopped Juggernaut" from Uncanny X-Men 322.

Really hoping we get Onslaught AND another mutant that month - cause only having Dani Moonstar, plus a villain (that isn't Mystique since everyone under the sun wants her) in the month of 2023 will be so sad.

Based on that would Onslaught not be that Villain then, which kind of mean, we only get 2 Mutants, and I would agree with you kind of sad not so many Mutants champs in recent year.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

However... I think they were alluding to Onslaught. Since they gave us the classic Joe Mad! cover of "Who stopped Juggernaut" from Uncanny X-Men 322.

Really hoping we get Onslaught AND another mutant that month - cause only having Dani Moonstar, plus a villain (that isn't Mystique since everyone under the sun wants her) in the month of 2023 will be so sad.

Based on that would Onslaught not be that Villain then, which kind of mean, we only get 2 Mutants, and I would agree with you kind of sad not so many Mutants champs in recent year.
    Onslaught would be a villain but would also be classified as a Mutant because he's an amalgamation of Xavier and Magneto's darkest subconscious, impulses, and ego.

So at the least, we get Dani and Onslaught.

At most, from listening to the livestream, it sounds like it would only be 3 - Dani, Onslaught, and one more in December. It seems unlikely we'll get an x-related character for October along with Morbius but even if we get someone like Goblin Queen, Madelyne Pryor could either be labeled Mutant (since she's a clone of Jean Grey) or Science (since she's a Sinister creation in a lab).
  • Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    Jackd1989 said:

Not santa - ONSLAUGHT

WE ARE LEGION!
  • Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    Fryday said:

The first few sentences from what’s his face revealed Legion was at the very least someone who was being thought about. It was kind of sly but Jay Axe and I have had lots of talks about it. It’s very unlikely that at any point if Onslaught were to be released as a villain that Legion wouldn’t also join
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,156 ★★★★
    Dude literally said ho ho ho
    It's Santa but if it's onslaught I'd be happy also
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★

Fryday said:

The first few sentences from what’s his face revealed Legion was at the very least someone who was being thought about. It was kind of sly but Jay Axe and I have had lots of talks about it. It’s very unlikely that at any point if Onslaught were to be released as a villain that Legion wouldn’t also join
    I mean one of them literally said "we are Legion" in the livestream, so while I agree that it would "make sense" thematically to have Legion and Onslaught together, I doubt they would say a phrase during the livestream that literally reveals the character by saying his name.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

I mean one of them literally said "we are Legion" in the livestream, so while I agree that it would "make sense" thematically to have Legion and Onslaught together, I doubt they would say a phrase during the livestream that literally reveals the character by saying his name.
    It might be a hint for the next big thing going on in either the main story or the next chunk of the narrative roadmap
  • Options
    AtluzmaxAtluzmax Posts: 6
    Jackd1989 said:

Not santa - ONSLAUGHT

NOT ONSLAUGHT - TRION JUGGERNAUT
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 782 ★★★
    On a different note joe madureira drawings of the x-men was what I missed. Onslaught was the one that juggy fear
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    But onslaught is not wearing a suit and is not jolly 😭
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    I believe that for the December event, we will get a quest something along the lines of delivering presents to MCOC champions for Santa, and Onslaught(or the mystery champion) is trying to ruin Christmas or something. I don't believe Santa will be an actual champion in the game. Rather, he will be used as a plot device to drive the quest forward.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Just had this thought. Do you guys think Santa would be a controversial addition to the game (using the Hulkling and Wiccan fiasco as a reference) since he is mainly associated with Christmas which is a religious holiday?

In my opinion it's fine but there's always a vocal minority
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    There is no way they would ever add Santa.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    why not?
    santa is possibly the most powerful mutant ever.
    and he would be be fun.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    Santa would be stupid.
    Onslaught or Legion would be amazing.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

Have that comic - loved Joe Madiera's style. Onslaught should be fun - energy damage and non-contact hits along with reverse controls and magnetism lol.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 243 ★★
    No way are they giving us Santa before making the chair a playable character
  • Options
    i dunno why people keep saying onslaught.
    i mean i het he is in that comic, but,
    he is not jolly nor does he HOHOHO
  • Options
    Caleb1705 said:

No way are they giving us Santa before making the chair a playable character

they did say there is also a new trophy champ coming, so you never know... maybe its is the chair