**BANQUET EVENT PSA**
To fully participate in the upcoming Banquet's Alliance Event you will need to be in your alliance for 14 days prior to the event's start date on December 20th. That means, stay in your alliance from December 6th onwards to enjoy all there is to offer in the Banquet event.
**Not Another Anime Reference Solo Event Returning**
This solo event has been fixed and will appear in game again on December 10th and will run through the 17th.
Reminder: This event is available to Paragon+ Summoners

Please make Absorbing man magnetic in uru

Absorbing man should be able to be magnetized in uru form when using magneto, and if he triggers magma it deactivates, if colossus is #metal when it’s his body then so should Absorbing man.

Comments

  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,462 ★★★★
    Lol
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 423 ★★★
    Why tho...just use a heavy after sp1 to break the form
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 3,594 ★★★★★
    It would be confusing to have magneto be able to control Uru metal and then have the ability be absent for all versions of Thor. They would have to add text to all thor champs specifying they cannot be affected by magneto or text on magneto saying he cant affect any version of thor
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 446 ★★★
    I read somewhere that apparently Thor's uru metal is ancient space rock which is why Moon Knight could control mjolnir (even against Thor's wishes).

    Perhaps it's mystical properties combined with the alien nature of the metal is beyond Magneto's control? 🤷‍♂️
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,074 ★★★★★
    I don't think any champ can have tags that change throughout the fight. Either he's metal or he's not. Regardless of form
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 17,643 Guardian
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

    I read somewhere that apparently Thor's uru metal is ancient space rock which is why Moon Knight could control mjolnir (even against Thor's wishes).

    Perhaps it's mystical properties combined with the alien nature of the metal is beyond Magneto's control? 🤷‍♂️

    It was actually established in a canon story (albeit ages ago) that Magneto can control Mjolnir, or at least the substance Mjolnir is made of.

    Of course, that was when Mjolnir was a hammer, not a cosmic space storm god, because comics.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 3,594 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Mr.0-8-4 said:

    I read somewhere that apparently Thor's uru metal is ancient space rock which is why Moon Knight could control mjolnir (even against Thor's wishes).

    Perhaps it's mystical properties combined with the alien nature of the metal is beyond Magneto's control? 🤷‍♂️

    It was actually established in a canon story (albeit ages ago) that Magneto can control Mjolnir, or at least the substance Mjolnir is made of.

    Of course, that was when Mjolnir was a hammer, not a cosmic space storm god, because comics.
    Expanding on this point. Magneto can move the hammer if it doesn't have the enchantment on it since it's made of Uru. If it does have the enchantment then his powers wont work on it the same way he wouldn't be able to pick it up with his hands
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 4,988 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

    It would be confusing to have magneto be able to control Uru metal and then have the ability be absent for all versions of Thor. They would have to add text to all thor champs specifying they cannot be affected by magneto or text on magneto saying he cant affect any version of thor

    Except.. Thor already has the #Metal tag, and is affected by magnetism...


  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 739 ★★★★

    If colossus is #metal when it’s his body then so should Absorbing man.

    Going to assume you meant to type Thor here, because Colossus makes no sense in context of your point. Colossus' metal form isn't Uru so has absolutely no correlation.

    Uru however, does appear to be magnetic in the comics more frequently than not and all three Thor champions are branded Magnetic. I do believe someone (perhaps DLL) has previously said that it was considered (making Carl be magnetic in Uru form) but it was ultimately decided that it would be too awkward to have the metal brand appear and disappear so regularly throughout the fight.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 584 ★★★
    Even if he was #metal, he would be immune to Mags' Bleed and Armor breaks. And besides, he does have counters.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 3,594 ★★★★★

    ahmynuts said:

    It would be confusing to have magneto be able to control Uru metal and then have the ability be absent for all versions of Thor. They would have to add text to all thor champs specifying they cannot be affected by magneto or text on magneto saying he cant affect any version of thor

    Except.. Thor already has the #Metal tag, and is affected by magnetism...


    Very interesting if that is referring to his hammer. Magneto isn't supposed to be able to magnetise it while it is enchanted
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 517 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

    Even if he was #metal, he would be immune to Mags' Bleed and Armor breaks. And besides, he does have counters.

    Who counters absman?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited July 30
    Ruwqiersa said:

    EdisonLaw said:

    Even if he was #metal, he would be immune to Mags' Bleed and Armor breaks. And besides, he does have counters.

    Who counters absman?
    Torch, Scorpion, any high damage champ, also damage over time/burst champs like Mr Negative, Spiderham and Void
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 517 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

    Ruwqiersa said:

    EdisonLaw said:

    Even if he was #metal, he would be immune to Mags' Bleed and Armor breaks. And besides, he does have counters.

    Who counters absman?
    Torch, Scorpion, any high damage champ, also damage over time/burst champs like Mr Negative, Spiderham and Void
    Those champs doesnt do anything about his abilities maybe except regen? If by counter you meant champs that "can" do abs man. Almost any champ can do him.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 4,988 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

    ahmynuts said:

    It would be confusing to have magneto be able to control Uru metal and then have the ability be absent for all versions of Thor. They would have to add text to all thor champs specifying they cannot be affected by magneto or text on magneto saying he cant affect any version of thor

    Except.. Thor already has the #Metal tag, and is affected by magnetism...


    Very interesting if that is referring to his hammer. Magneto isn't supposed to be able to magnetise it while it is enchanted
    Well, he's wearing a lot of armour.

    Also, Magneto might not be able to magnetise Uru on Earth-616; but there's no reason the same has to be true in the Battlerealm.
  • TALIBTALIB Posts: 1
    I am playing Marvel contest of champion but I have no 6 star champion or summoned symbiote please gift me
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
    TALIB said:

    I am playing Marvel contest of champion but I have no 6 star champion or summoned symbiote please gift me

    That's not how that works. You have to obtain and open crystals
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 584 ★★★
    TALIB said:

    I am playing Marvel contest of champion but I have no 6 star champion or summoned symbiote please gift me

    Summoned symbiote is no longer available unfortunately, 6 star champs are in 6 Star crystals. What progression level are you at?
Sign In or Register to comment.