Options

Alliance War Compensation [merged]

Comments

• Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★

So, we are complaining about getting access to permanent content (or even more if you haven't done any/some of it) when we would have had to AW to get resources that we think we should be compensated for the delays of the season starting. Am I getting this right?

Yes, your understanding is correct :)
    Ok, then the naysayers need to chill. For real.
    Why?? Everyone have their own views, why should anyone care about your or mine view..
    Not everyone have big account.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    More lvl 2 rev, lvl 5 potions, aw revs, aw potions, aw boosts, aw rank rewards, gold all of the above @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    While im happy with my revives if they expected us to do the guanlet those doesnt seem enough and the fact that this came before the brutal DLX challenge is sus
  • Options
    W4rdy_74W4rdy_74 Posts: 56
    plane and simply put.... same rewards we got last season. done deal
  • Options
    Squammo said:

How about this solution? Give us a store where we can trade those keys in for 2 gauntlet bundles which give us what gauntlet would.

Nice suggestion...
    But restrict to 2 keys only
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,069 ★★★★★

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

Why not just give everyone the rewards they got last season as compensation? We literally missed a whole season of rewards and including it in bgs does nothing because they’re two different game modes and not all WAR PLAYERS play bgs. Giving us the rewards we got last season would’ve been the smartest thing. A lot better than whatever this “compensation “ is☠️☠️☠️
    No you didn't miss an entire season.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Most ridiculous compensation package in the history of the contest. We’ve kept season down and here run something for your compensation. Try again

WOW! and I thought they can't surprise me any more...
    "for AW compensation, we scheduled for you a free of charge colonoscopy exam"
    Hey man I'll take a free colonoscopy any day, gotta take care of your gut!
  • Options
    ChrisBosioChrisBosio Posts: 51

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

@Kabam Miike

The keys that I didn't get in the first place lolol.

For real, compensation that drives your "time in game" metric is not in the spirit of "player friendly." I imagine that there was a reduction in time spent in game for a lot of top level summoners due to AW being down for so long. These keys likely make up for that for the time required to complete the Gauntlet but after that roadmap and a seemingly large increase in content to clear over the next few months, it will be quite difficult to find the additional time to complete a couple of runs in GG. The keys are great (especially for those of us that did not receive the three we should have) but they should have been on top of compensation packages that were progression based similar to those in the past. AW focused items (energy refills, health pots, team health pots) and good faith items (crystal shards, energy refills, health pots) would have been great as a show of good faith. Thank you for doing something at all as we all know that you don't have to but the steep decline in relevance of compensation packages says a lot about where Kabam is as a company. Hopefully if you take anything from this thread its that you have a ton of people that love this game and want to continue playing, but it seems more and more that you are treating it as though cycling through a player base as opposed to retaining player base is the primary focus.
  • Options
    GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    Where are the war potions and grey boosts lol you know stuff that actually helps in war @Kabam Miike
  • Options

Why not just give everyone the rewards they got last season as compensation? We literally missed a whole season of rewards and including it in bgs does nothing because they’re two different game modes and not all WAR PLAYERS play bgs. Giving us the rewards we got last season would’ve been the smartest thing. A lot better than whatever this “compensation “ is☠️☠️☠️
    I'm not sure why you'd expect the same rewards from the season before for not actually having to playI know that not everybody plays BGs, but we were very clear that there was an extended off-season with a way to get the rewards if you want them. That was never part of the plan and I don't see why you thought it would be, or would expect it to be.
    That is a suggestion 😜