Options

Kabam’s google translate costed my friend the legend badge !

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,331 ★★★★★

Last time I checked kabaam doesn't own Google.

Thank god for small mercies!!
  • Options
    WinnieKologo69WinnieKologo69 Posts: 70 ★★
    This whole situation is whack… I just hope my friend gets his badge or in the worst case scenario gets back the items he invested on his run.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

This whole situation is whack… I just hope my friend gets his badge or in the worst case scenario gets back the items he invested on his run.

Your friend's best chance at either would be to submit a support ticket. As for your approach on the forum wait til Monday to bump this thread. Not that the moderators can do anything for the situation but they don't respond to much if anything on the weekends.

But it is something that should be taken to the game team that details that are translated should be more accurate.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    I wonder how Kabam can compensate that. Are you requesting a Kabam dictionary?
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Your friend's best chance at either would be to submit a support ticket. As for your approach on the forum wait til Monday to bump this thread. Not that the moderators can do anything for the situation but they don't respond to much if anything on the weekends.

But it is something that should be taken to the game team that details that are translated should be more accurate.
    Thanks for that ! Will do 👍🏼

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    i would assume kabam will not give the legends title as they want it only to be solo due to the fiasco last time,
    i assume they will however return the consumables that were used on the run.
  • Options
    MystiKayMystiKay Posts: 88
    I'm sorry for your friend, WinnieKologo, missing info is always a pain. In portuguese, there's always inconsistencies that I see, being missing translations, so it stays in english, missing game strings, so the text says literally nothing, or things like "Bleed Buffs", or transforming Energy Resistance to Physical Resistance.

Sometimes, it feels like Kabam uses something automatic, others can be human error, or even both together. There are sometimes just normal problems with the sentence structures too, but now missing a full word, in something important like this...feels really bad...
  • Options
    AnıyaşaAnıyaşa Posts: 22

This is what I see and it clearly says in solo at the end
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,628 ★★★★★
    Anıyaşa said:

They obviously changed it after they saw this post.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,197 ★★★★

Is it google? Don't they have their translation team?

Same question
    Don't software companies have language engineers or something like that?...
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,849 ★★★★★
    I often see some translation mistakes. I have it on German. This one is fatal
  • Options
    MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★

Anıyaşa said:

If that is the case and your friend doesn‘t get the token this would be another huge blow and shows how they handle some mistakes.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,743 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

AMS94 said:

ahmynuts said:

I mean. It SHOULD say solo. But there was no reason to believe they would allow you to get a legends title in coop lol (especially after what happened last time)

So in addition to playing the game now we also gotta make assumptions & add imaginary text to things?
    I didnt say that but go off king. I'm just saying it wasnt hard to check the incursions thread to confirm it. I even admitted Kabam was ultimately at fault here for the mistranslation lol
    Unless the incursion thread is in Spanish? This could be tricky for OP's friend.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,743 ★★★★

ahmynuts said:

AMS94 said:

ahmynuts said:

I mean. It SHOULD say solo. But there was no reason to believe they would allow you to get a legends title in coop lol (especially after what happened last time)

So in addition to playing the game now we also gotta make assumptions & add imaginary text to things?
    I didnt say that but go off king. I'm just saying it wasnt hard to check the incursions thread to confirm it. I even admitted Kabam was ultimately at fault here for the mistranslation lol
    Is the incursions thread in Spanish? This person obviously doesn't understand English (hence they have their game in Spanish) so they can't read the thread either if it's not in Spanish.
    They could just use Google translate
    I've used this many times for various languages and most of the time it's wrong.
  • Options

Anıyaşa said:

If they changed it without acknowledging this post then that's pretty sneaky from them. Atleast return back the items the guy used and acknowledge the mistake.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,259 ★★★★★
    It has definitely been added after the screenshot in OP
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Anıyaşa said:

Anıyaşa said:

If they changed it without acknowledging this post then that's pretty sneaky from them. Atleast return back the items the guy used and acknowledge the mistake.
    Not just that. They made that fix on a weekend. That is rare for something that is not absolutely not gamebreaking.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,257 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Anıyaşa said:

What country are you in? Yours says "Ve Ahora" and OPs says "Vamos".

While they mean the same, it's different dialects. You're obviously not in the same region as OP. So it's possible your region has it while theirs doesn't.

It seems you're probably in Spain or that region and OP is probably in South America. Maybe Chile or Honduras.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    WTH !!! Kabam just changed the description after they saw this post… This situation is getting way out of hand... They clearly saw this post and instead of giving us some kind of solution, of how my friend could get this resolved they went behind our backs and fixed the description hoping no one would notice. Kabam if you made a mistake just own it and bring solutions to the table but changing the text and go hiding isn't the correct way to deal with these type of situations.
  • Options

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,849 ★★★★★
    My condolences to your buddy mate. They will probably not compensate and be silent
  • Options

Anıyaşa said:

What country are you in? Yours says "Ve Ahora" and OPs says "Vamos".

While they mean the same, it's different dialects. You're obviously not in the same region as OP. So it's possible your region has it while theirs doesn't.

It seems you're probably in Spain or that region and OP is probably in South America. Maybe Chile or Honduras.
    You can just change the language in settings. I don't think it's region wise.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

WTH !!! Kabam just changed the description after they saw this post… This situation is getting way out of hand... They clearly saw this post and instead of giving us some kind of solution, of how my friend could get this resolved they went behind our backs and fixed the description hoping no one would notice. Kabam if you made a mistake just own it and bring solutions to the table but changing the text and go hiding isn't the correct way to deal with these type of situations.

It's the weekend, so Forum moderators aren't active. We'll probably hear something from them tomorrow.
  • Options

It's the weekend, so Forum moderators aren't active. We'll probably hear something from them tomorrow.
    Thats true but they still have people monitor the forums. What I find funny is that they found this to be serious enough to fix it but not to give it a response and bring solutions. Which leads me to think they want to keep this silent… If I am wrong then I expect a response soon with some solutions.
  • Options

Thats true but they still have people monitor the forums. What I find funny is that they found this to be serious enough to fix it but not to give it a response and bring solutions. Which leads me to think they want to keep this silent… If I am wrong then I expect a response soon with some solutions.
    I highly doubt it's from your post.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

If anyone did see your post or hear about this issue, it was likely someone on the game team, and they don't communicate with the forums the way moderators do. There's a chance they were made aware of the issue and just wanted to fix it as soon as possible before someone else wasted resources on a run. If your friend has sent a Support Ticket in, they'll get a direct response there.
  • Options
    MR_61088 said:

Anıyaşa said:

If that is the case and your friend doesn‘t get the token this would be another huge blow and shows how they handle some mistakes.
    As expected, you all saw how they handled other situations last month.
  • Options
    Anıyaşa said:

Anıyaşa said:

They're probably not going to acknowledge anything or give him any of his items back, they only give compensation or acknowledge issues when it's something game breaking or something that affects the majority of the playerbase. They've made that very clear these last couple of months, just look at how they handled other issues.
  • Options

Anıyaşa said:

Anıyaşa said:

They're probably not going to acknowledge anything or give him any of his items back, they only give compensation or acknowledge issues when it's something game breaking or something that affects the majority of the playerbase. They've made that very clear these last couple of months, just look at how they handled other issues.
    Can you just stop? Your incessant whining and crying has been noted in this post and none of its related to what's happened.

OP, the only thing you or your friend can do is submit a ticket to support with the screenshots you've provided here. Also, if you're accessing the forums via the non-english version, look at the announcement because it's not listed there either that the object is solo. Support is the only place that can help you. Link this thread l, your screenshots and the link to the announcement as well.