Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Hercules is basically cheating

2»

Comments

• Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★

DUHveed said:

People made this exact argument back when Blade ruled the contest. Then Quake, then Ghost, then Doom, probably others I’m forgetting. Kabam knows how stupid broken he is, and all of the champs above I listed they either introduced nodes or champs that counter them. They already have to a degree with champs that reduce immortality duration like Abs Man and Kindred. And the cycle continues

Id say some people still kinda say that about quake but arent mad about it
    Exactly. People threw a hissy fit back then because they used Quake as a crutch and then had to actually learn how to fight champs/play around the nodes since they couldn’t just hold heavy and dex anymore

• Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 313 ★★★
    Even if he was "cheating", I'm curious as to why it's a big deal. In BGs, people can only use one, and he isn't a catch-all. He can still be affected by the nodes. Sure, maybe you can't kill him in time, but if you trigger his immortality, you're going to get basically full points anyway. Past that, he only really matters in solo content, but who cares at that point, since aside from Legends run (where Herc wasn't optimal anyway) you aren't competing directly with other players...
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    People said that about Quake, Ghost, Corvus, Doom. Quake, ghost and herc much more than any other but still in 2025 there's gonna be a different champ that everyone needs or bust.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,463 ★★★★
    Herc my goat

• Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Samanun said:

If there arent champions that are better than other champions then whats there to work towards? what reason do people have to keep opening crystals?

Not having herc yet is your fault, you can easily get 40k shards weekly and open cos/tech so stop the whining

I get what you're saying, but blaming someone for not having a specific champion, even figuratively seems a bit of a stretch. That said OP, either summon your wallet or open more crystals...
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 578 ★★★

Hercules is by far the worst thing kabam has ever done for this game he's so ridiculously miles ahead of any other champion that it is essentially cheating not having him puts players at such an insane disadvantage there's nothing even remotely comparable either nerf him or give the entire community a 6 star Hercules I don't see any other solution to this massive imbalance he's caused in players ability to clear the hardest content

Yeah, i know, you don't have him, but don't worry, someday you will get him
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 629 ★★★

Samanun said:

If there arent champions that are better than other champions then whats there to work towards? what reason do people have to keep opening crystals?

Not having herc yet is your fault, you can easily get 40k shards weekly and open cos/tech so stop the whining

I get what you're saying, but blaming someone for not having a specific champion, even figuratively seems a bit of a stretch. That said OP, either summon your wallet or open more crystals...
    He is a 2 year old champion and we have been through 10 seasons of battlegrounds, there has been access to 30k shards weekly there has been more than enough chances to grab him if you didnt take any of those chances then thats your fault if you wanted to go for a different crystal then thats fine just dont whine about something you had control over.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

He is a 2 year old champion and we have been through 10 seasons of battlegrounds, there has been access to 30k shards weekly there has been more than enough chances to grab him if you didnt take any of those chances then thats your fault if you wanted to go for a different crystal then thats fine just dont whine about something you had control over.
    In all fairness that still doesn’t guarantee you the champ you’re looking for

• Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 629 ★★★
    DUHveed said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

In all fairness that still doesn’t guarantee you the champ you’re looking for

No it dosent, there is no guarantee when opening crystals but you can significantly increase your odds by pulling from a smaller pool of champs and if you strike out 30 times then you can atleast say you tried and you maybe even have the right to complain about it if you didnt really try then thats on you
  • Options
    Why so salty? I've never pulled a 5 or 6* Herc and I'm fine with it, still can 100% 8.1 and 8.2 and push to 25 zones in Incursion. Herc is great but he's not the only option in the game
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,843 ★★★★★
    Looks like InfectReality made a new account
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,150 ★★★
    😭 exactly how does someone else's account affects you is the question
  • Options
    LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    Sorry but with how many anti-ftp decisions have been made in the past year or so by Kabam, you can be assured that I will gladly use my R4 Herc in any content they throw at me if it means I can save units and also save my mental sanity (by not having to grind arena).