**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Game updating constantly [merged]

Comments

• Options
    Rajrk91342Rajrk91342 Posts: 166
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We're investigating this right now.

@druvjoshi @SUPREME77 @Kryptonite1991 and anyone encountering this "updating" wheel/download bar between screens:

Did a reset resolve this issue?

No, Any update?
  • Options
    Cold_WraithCold_Wraith Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
    First i got this in incursions. I reinstalled the game and could go through. Now it happened again in gm gauntlet. Even reinstalling didn't help. Im stuck and my boosters are gone. Please say something
  • Options
    SuperStrannikSuperStrannik Posts: 50

First i got this in incursions. I reinstalled the game and could go through. Now it happened again in gm gauntlet. Even reinstalling didn't help. Im stuck and my boosters are gone. Please say something

My condolences to you
  • Options
    RafaCasRafaCas Posts: 2
    Hi I have the same problem, somebody can help me?
  • Options
    RafaCasRafaCas Posts: 2
    The update never finish, and i can't complete incursions and quests
  • Options
    t123459t123459 Posts: 55
    please help @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos we cant play the game its always updating
  • Options
    TheLegendaryNinjaTheLegendaryNinja Posts: 3
    edited August 2023
    For reference: I have an android phone, Android 13, big brand flagship phone bought just last month.

Not sure if I am facing the same issue: for certain champions (likely a majority of champions), whenever I have them on my team and I go into starting the fight, the game shows the "UPDATING..." screen with Vox background.

Now, the sad part is, that somehow I entered the 6-star shard Arena with one of these bugged champions. So, I am completely locked out of that arena. My top 15 champs all have this issue, so I am locked out of quests and incursions as well.

So I have no way of playing the game and making use of the Legends week rewards. I guess it was silly of me to think that I can come back to the game and try it out again, thinking this bug has been fixed since last month or so.

Kabam, PLEASE try to see what changed between April and today's app, this bug was not present in April, however my last device (android, oneplus) also has this bug now.
  • Options
    xmavi75xmavi75 Posts: 2
    same issue for over 5 months: each time i try to fight i get an infinite update til the game won't crash. got already kicked out of many allys for this issue so this just makes the game unplayable, please solve this!!
  • Options
    xmavi75xmavi75 Posts: 2
    xmavi75 said:

same issue for over 5 months: each time i try to fight i get an infinite update til the game won't crash. got already kicked out of many allys for this issue so this just makes the game unplayable, please solve this!!

update: after many tries i've decided that i'm gonna stop playing the game till this issue get solved lmao
  • Options
    I have the same problem... Please fix it.
  • Options
    I playing in Huawei p30 lite, I have this problem.
    I playing in samsung j7 prime, I don't have a problem. Why?
  • Options
    Its a bug of game, but not of Phone...
  • Options
    Medardo49 said:

Its a bug of game, but not of Phone...

Yes, this is the problem of unpacking the game on third-party services, because as kabam says, the game is too large and some of the files are lost, so they themselves blame those who do not download through google play

For more than a month, I have repeatedly proposed the idea of making a launcher for the game that will download files inside the launcher so that nothing is lost, but they don't hear me, like everyone else on this topic

Yes??! @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Please don't let the inventory bug overshadow this one...that one is more immediate and more widespread, yes... but I literally cannot play the game, along with others, due to the updating bug.

I have found a bypass for Arena: keep closing and reopening the game, until the "UPDATING..." screen doesn't show up. This means that it has to do with the map that the arena generates, since otherwise I would not be able to get in depending on the champions. So, please fix your data/maps kabam, or provide a button to install them within the app.

@kabam
  • Options

Please don't let the inventory bug overshadow this one...that one is more immediate and more widespread, yes... but I literally cannot play the game, along with others, due to the updating bug.

I have found a bypass for Arena: keep closing and reopening the game, until the "UPDATING..." screen doesn't show up. This means that it has to do with the map that the arena generates, since otherwise I would not be able to get in depending on the champions. So, please fix your data/maps kabam, or provide a button to install them within the app.

@kabam

Also a cool solution, just download the game files yourself (character files, map files, other files)
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    salomsalom Posts: 18
    Can you plz pin somehow any replies/solutions from kabam? This is getting very tiring and long to read. What if we reach a year with this problem😂😂
  • Options
    I am facing the same issue. Restarted, again installed game and still same issue persists. It says updating but its been 10 min still stuck on this page. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit kndly look into it these ingame updates are making game very hard to play

• Options
    Marceluss13181Marceluss13181 Posts: 2
    edited September 2023

The same problem
  • Options
    So apparently incursions are constantly having this bug for me, can some content creator please highlight this bug. literally cannot even enter a fight. Anyways, good luck to everyone in life, this is a sign from the heaven that we need to move on from the game.
  • Options
    SupermanGodSupermanGod Posts: 51
    Quick question,has anyone found q solution to this problem, is there maybe another way to download the app?
    If anyone came right with the game pls lemme know how you did it, thx.
  • Options
    SlrgSlrg Posts: 21
    Im doing necro, and im stuck at omega sentinel, the screen keep updating. Cant enter the fight.
  • Options
    ZiegdudZiegdud Posts: 16
    Ziegdud said:

To anyone experiencing stuck in "updating",

It can be done, but only if you bind your Kabam Account to Google Play Account (that's what i do)

And for you guys without Google Playstore, you have to Install Playstore apk and use third party application on your device.

1. Create Gmail Account
    2. Get Google PlayStore apk, install.
    3. Get apps that have the function of dual apps BUT allow google play system to exist inside the duality (i personally use Parallel App, Multispace cant do this, and yes there will be advertisement when opening apps.)
    4. Open Parallel App, in Parallel App duplicate the Google Playstore installed in Step 2
    5. In Parallel App, open the duplicated Playstore, login to Gmail Account created in Step 1, then search "Marvel Contest of Champions" install from this Parallel App - Playstore.
    6. Open Parallel App - MCOC, tap that you already have account, insert your credential.
    7. Done. Everytime you want to play, open Parallel App, then tap the MCOC.

I do hope a fix so that i could bypass these steps. Hope you guys could at least play using steps above. Godspeed.

no one doing this?
  • Options
    SupermanGodSupermanGod Posts: 51
    @Ziegdud does this work,i wanna try it out tomorrow.Lemme know pls bro,thx.
  • Options
    ZiegdudZiegdud Posts: 16

Guaranteed 100%.
    Point key is,
    1. add "google play games" inside the parallel
    2. add "Marvel Contest of Champions" inside the paraller
    3. DEFINITELY MAKE SURE that Google Play Games got all the required rights to run, usually Phone and Storage Permission
    4. Bind your MCOC account to gmail account.
    5. Login that bound gmail account in google play games - parallel
    6. Open mcoc in the parallel.
    7. happy playing my dear lad
  • Options
    Ziegdud said:

Guaranteed 100%.
    Point key is,
    1. add "google play games" inside the parallel
    2. add "Marvel Contest of Champions" inside the paraller
    3. DEFINITELY MAKE SURE that Google Play Games got all the required rights to run, usually Phone and Storage Permission
    4. Bind your MCOC account to gmail account.
    5. Login that bound gmail account in google play games - parallel
    6. Open mcoc in the parallel.
    7. happy playing my dear lad
    Thanks for the input. I am going to try it now that all my efforts with installing game boosters and several re installs have all failed . The game is literally unplayable now. Let's hope your trick works, brother.
  • Options
    jokerwentsoftjokerwentsoft Posts: 5
    edited December 2023

Quick question,has anyone found q solution to this problem, is there maybe another way to download the app?
    If anyone came right with the game pls lemme know how you did it, thx.

I tried everything. From reinstalling to changing settings for game boosters.. it works for sometime but once the issue occurs again, only choice is the hard reset only to play few more matches. I wonder why has this issue been ignored from developers. It's a major persisting issue for so many users. This has started to happen only after the game is getting updates in patches, not in entirety.
  • Options

Passed the info along to the rest of the team. Would anyone still experiencing this issue be able to let us know if they were on wifi or cellular data when they encountered the issue, and if switching from one to the other has any effect?

Im having the same issue , iphone 7+ latest iOS update, i tried everything, uninstalled 7times, disconnected my game center, restarted my phone multiple times still nothing, j waited 7hours on the loading screen, still nothing