Act 4-5 Rework Rewards

13»

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,206 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023

it does beg the question, why bother exploring act 6 and potentially act 7 when there are better rewards in side quests and events and the rewards may be buffed in the next year or so anyway.

Fun. It's a game after all. If you're holding off on doing content because it might be more efficient to wait 5 years for a rewards bump, maybe you just don't like the game
    I don't think anyone on these forums thinks Act 6 exploration is fun lol that's why it's been nerfed five times already and probably will be nerfed again if Act 5 got nerfed.
    I don't know about the fun part. But you're probably right about act 6 being nerfed yet again. Now the leap from act 5 to act 6 is even larger so i can totally see it happening again soon at least for 6.1
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

it does beg the question, why bother exploring act 6 and potentially act 7 when there are better rewards in side quests and events and the rewards may be buffed in the next year or so anyway.

Fun. It's a game after all. If you're holding off on doing content because it might be more efficient to wait 5 years for a rewards bump, maybe you just don't like the game
    I don't think anyone on these forums thinks Act 6 exploration is fun lol that's why it's been nerfed five times already and probably will be nerfed again if Act 5 got nerfed.
    Then an Act 6 update sounds like exactly what you want. If you're not gonna explore it anyway, I'm glad a rework is always on the table. Those who do enjoy it can still explore it before it gets updated.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★

#BringbackOGAct6
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,206 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023

#BringbackOGAct6
    I wish they would as a separate difficulty. Maybe have all of the story acts have a difficulty selector like eq and sq with their original version. Like the variants but the opposite lol
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I don't know about the fun part. But you're probably right about act 6 being nerfed yet again. Now the leap from act 5 to act 6 is even larger so i can totally see it happening again soon at least for 6.1
    I've just personally never heard anyone say "I enjoyed Act 6" and mean it, that's also why a lot of people praised Kabam when Act 7 came out and I agree that one was definitely fun. I also think Act 6 will get a rewards bump and a nerf soon though, the difficulty level gap between 5 and 6 is huge now.
    edited August 2023

Then an Act 6 update sounds like exactly what you want. If you're not gonna explore it anyway, I'm glad a rework is always on the table. Those who do enjoy it can still explore it before it gets updated.
    I think it's exactly what we need too, not just what I want (rewards mainly cause difficulty I'm not worried about, most of us who haven't 100% yet and are already Paragon can probably just Herc the whole thing and solo GM with Juggs) cause the gap between 5 and 6 is huge now. Fair enough though, if anyone actually enjoys it good for them, I thought it was terrible back in 2019 and so did my alliance mates, I took a long break after beating 6.1 the first time lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

I've just personally never heard anyone say "I enjoyed Act 6" and mean it, that's also why a lot of people praised Kabam when Act 7 came out and I agree that one was definitely fun. I also think Act 6 will get a rewards bump and a nerf soon though, the difficulty level gap between 5 and 6 is huge now.
    I loved OG act 6, it’s my favourite content I’ve ever done and made me a much better player.

I’m aware I’m in the minority, and I know why story content was taken in a different direction. But I did enjoy act 6 immensely.

ahmynuts said:

I didn't like it but I respect what they tried to do. OG Act 6 was about roster development. You couldn't run through the whole act with 1 champion like Herc. You needed other pieces to complete the content.

I am aware some of the bosses have only a few counters but the majority of act 6 made you think about who to bring vs it being brain dead content like act 7 and 8.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to update you all on the timeline for compensating players that have completed Act 4 and 5 in the 90 Days previous to these changes.

We are currently working to find all affected players, and then it will take us some time to separate them by what rewards they each need to receive. This is going to take us a little while. We don't have a strict timeline for this right now, but are working to get them out as soon as possible.

Kabam giving themselves more work to look busier for their bosses. Big brain time.

Surely giving everyone who completed the content the rewards would be quicker and easier than figuring out when players did it, but whatever. This is just dumb
  • aishTheKingaishTheKing Member Posts: 38
    Act 4 is litteraly unbeatble for new players because of the bug bruh 120k hp and 5k attack enemies jesus
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,689 ★★★★★

Act 6 is some of the least fun content I've played, admittedly haven't touched it since the nerf but it was an anti-fun run on release, in contrast I have actually 100% act 8 already.
  • ErrangErrang Member Posts: 76
    Much as I’d like a lil extra stuff, this scenario is more like getting back pay for work you already completed based on the current market conditions.

You can’t really go back to an employer you had years ago and demand he pay you for the work you did based on what it’s worth now, right?

Now losing mastery points cuz of the reward shifting sucks and that should be addressed… there’s no mastery points crystal — I’d definitely be popping those crystals, lol.
    Errang said:

Much as I’d like a lil extra stuff, this scenario is more like getting back pay for work you already completed based on the current market conditions.

You can’t really go back to an employer you had years ago and demand he pay you for the work you did based on what it’s worth now, right?

Now losing mastery points cuz of the reward shifting sucks and that should be addressed… there’s no mastery points crystal — I’d definitely be popping those crystals, lol.

Actually this is nothing like that.
    What this whole situation teaches us is don't do hard story content (looking at you act 6). Wait for kabam to nerf it, buff rewards, and then we can do it. Why should players do harder content for worse rewards when can do easier for more
    bdawg923 said:

What this whole situation teaches us is don't do hard story content (looking at you act 6). Wait for kabam to nerf it, buff rewards, and then we can do it. Why should players do harder content for worse rewards when can do easier for more

Because it's a video game. Play it however you most enjoy it. They already said they'd be doing this exact thing 3 years ago and they've followed through on it all 5 times, idk what you expected

bdawg923 said:

Because it's a video game. Play it however you most enjoy it. They already said they'd be doing this exact thing 3 years ago and they've followed through on it all 5 times, idk what you expected
    I expected them to do better. I guess that's on me for expecting too much of them
    bdawg923 said:

bdawg923 said:

I expected them to do better. I guess that's on me for expecting too much of them

You say "do better" like it's some black and white issue. If you wanna think that hard about all pieces of content you approach going forward, that's alright. I'm not gonna do that though, so clearly it's not as big of an issue as you're making it out to be.
    bdawg923 said:

bdawg923 said:

Do better in what way? In making content more attractive and faster for new players to come and keep the game going? Or do you mean the selfish version that they give you the rewards as well even though you're way past that content? I think "do better" for you means the latter for sure. You don't want them to do better for the game, you want them to do better for you.

ahmynuts said:

I didn't like it but I respect what they tried to do. OG Act 6 was about roster development. You couldn't run through the whole act with 1 champion like Herc. You needed other pieces to complete the content.

I am aware some of the bosses have only a few counters but the majority of act 6 made you think about who to bring vs it being brain dead content like act 7 and 8.
    If you can respect the fact that they attempted to make Act 6 extremely challenging then you should appreciate the fact that they attempted to made Act 7 and 8 somewhat challenging but fun. Sure Act 7 was easy as hell I did it before I even had a r4 6* but you gotta keep in mind, there is a portion of the playerbase that couldn't even beat Act 4 without unitman, it's because of those players that Act 6 has been nerfed five times already (probably will get nerfed once again in the coming months) and they can't put out extremely challenging story content like OG Act 6. All we can hope for is that they'll find a way to make content more challenging in the future but without ruining the fun completely, some paths in OG Act 6 just straight up made you want to pull your hair out lol.

ahmynuts said:

I loved OG act 6, it’s my favourite content I’ve ever done and made me a much better player.

I’m aware I’m in the minority, and I know why story content was taken in a different direction. But I did enjoy act 6 immensely.
    Fair enough, if you enjoyed it I respect that, and yes it definitely helped a lot of people improve A LOT but at the same time some nodes we're so annoying, it's also understandable some people didn't want to deal with any of that. I'm glad you're aware that you are in the minority though lol.

ahmynuts said:

If you can respect the fact that they attempted to make Act 6 extremely challenging then you should appreciate the fact that they attempted to made Act 7 and 8 somewhat challenging but fun. Sure Act 7 was easy as hell I did it before I even had a r4 6* but you gotta keep in mind, there is a portion of the playerbase that couldn't even beat Act 4 without unitman, it's because of those players that Act 6 has been nerfed five times already (probably will get nerfed once again in the coming months) and they can't put out extremely challenging story content like OG Act 6. All we can hope for is that they'll find a way to make content more challenging in the future but without ruining the fun completely, some paths in OG Act 6 just straight up made you want to pull your hair out lol.
    Act 7 and 8 aren't challenging. The only thing that's anywhere near fun are the bosses for each chapter. The kang fights, Scytalis and Bahamet. There isn't anything that makes you think about the paths you take, or making unique roster choices. It's just hit em till they're dead.

There's no challenge. There's no fun. I get itz it's fun for the community who don't like a challenge, who wants to use their crutch.

ahmynuts said:

Act 7 and 8 aren't challenging. The only thing that's anywhere near fun are the bosses for each chapter. The kang fights, Scytalis and Bahamet. There isn't anything that makes you think about the paths you take, or making unique roster choices. It's just hit em till they're dead.

There's no challenge. There's no fun. I get itz it's fun for the community who don't like a challenge, who wants to use their crutch.
    As someone who went from 6.2-8.2 completion in the past 3 months, I mostly agree. Act 6 had me spending a few days on some particularly hard quests, Act 7 and 8 had me getting through chapters in a day. A lot of Act 7 and 8 bosses can just be destroyed by some obvious choice champions. I don't think there's a single Mutant boss in those Acts that can't be easily taken with Nimrod.

But I disagree with a couple things. I think Act 6 prioritized skill much more than it prioritized diverse roster choices, which can cause roadblocks for a lot of players with pretty low skill ceilings. I also think act 7 and 8 promote roster diversity pretty well. It's pretty easy to just take some already rank 2+ 6*s in and wipe paths, but there are some paths that benefit niche rankups really well. Act 7 was the reason I ranked up Mysterio, Sabretooth and Toad and Act 8 is the reason I ranked up Medusa and Red Hulk. There were some more common rankups like Galan and Nick Fury, but Red Hulk demolished a couple paths just as well.

ahmynuts said:

As someone who went from 6.2-8.2 completion in the past 3 months, I mostly agree. Act 6 had me spending a few days on some particularly hard quests, Act 7 and 8 had me getting through chapters in a day. A lot of Act 7 and 8 bosses can just be destroyed by some obvious choice champions. I don't think there's a single Mutant boss in those Acts that can't be easily taken with Nimrod.

But I disagree with a couple things. I think Act 6 prioritized skill much more than it prioritized diverse roster choices, which can cause roadblocks for a lot of players with pretty low skill ceilings. I also think act 7 and 8 promote roster diversity pretty well. It's pretty easy to just take some already rank 2+ 6*s in and wipe paths, but there are some paths that benefit niche rankups really well. Act 7 was the reason I ranked up Mysterio, Sabretooth and Toad and Act 8 is the reason I ranked up Medusa and Red Hulk. There were some more common rankups like Galan and Nick Fury, but Red Hulk demolished a couple paths just as well.
    OG act 6 was gated for some of the chapters. All those gates are now gone. That's what I meant. OG act 6 didn't really have the majority of the paths be able to be taken by just one champion.

Yes, act required skill. It's the main reason I sucked at it (surprise, I'm quite the average player). I did act 7 and 8 relatively easy compared to my time in Act 6.

ahmynuts said:

They weren't challenging for you, they weren't for me either, but they were for people who suck at the game which is actually quite common. Again I agree the paths weren't hard at all and the only thing that's been really fun is fighting the bosses but I'm pretty sure 90% of the community would still take Act 7 and 8 over OG Act 6, some of the nodes were just too much.
  • MajesticOceanMajesticOcean Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2023
    Do we have any updates because I completed act 4 and 5 a couple weeks ago and still have not received the rewards??
  • AffectedAffected Member Posts: 5
    What I can do? I never completed act 4 100% and the mastery points switched places. Now how do I get them? since they never gave them to me