Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Who is the best pick of 7 star selector?

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,229 ★★★★★
    Antman
    Not the best, but I need him as a synergy partner.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,435 ★★★★★
    Ebony Maw
    Go_To said:

BeastDad said:

Unduped the others suck

Says the dude who picked the one that needs the dupe to be viable on defense…. Oh the hypocrisy. Emma also doesn’t need the dupe
    He’s still extremely viable on defense and will be an easy BG nightmare.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,253 ★★★★★
    Red Goblin
    Less votes so the vote
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Ebony Maw
    Go_To said:

BeastDad said:

Unduped the others suck

Says the dude who picked the one that needs the dupe to be viable on defense…. Oh the hypocrisy. Emma also doesn’t need the dupe
    ? Maw doesn’t need the dupe to be viable on defense. The dupe causes an extra burst of degen if you miss but:
    1. You already get degenn’d initially because that fulfills a mission
    2. If you miss you’re likely already screwed

Sure it makes him better but he doesn’t need it at all
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 153 ★★
    Ebony Maw
    Adv said:

What about three nexus six star crystals? It seems that all the options are underwhelming and one could in theory have a better chance with three nexus six star crystals rather than a seven star selector. In the present meta, six stars are still going to be relevant for a while and while seven stars are definitely the future but presently, three six star nexus maybe a better fit.

Very valid point. 👏

We're all getting wound up about 7 star champ Selectors that are "meh" at best. And in this future, the champ out of this selector will probably won't get used at all. The "right" 6 star could be used a lot longer.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 405 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Black panther OG
    Go_To said:

BeastDad said:

Unduped the others suck

Emma unduped can’t reactivate Diamond form if they hit extremely hard nor does she have reverse controls plus she already a stupid easy defender with all the new champs her offense use is mid maw is a far better options just like bp og Sam and roblin are
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Red Goblin
    Roblin doesn't need dupe.... Right if so pls tell me why
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Ebony Maw

Basically halves his ramp up time
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Red Goblin

Basically halves his ramp up time
    So he doesn't need it
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,562 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost
    Viv and Titania are two reasons I will choose Emma over Maw. There was a time he was the most annoying defender and tricky to counter; now, however, there are more and more answers.

Not trashing Maw—he’s still good like Corvus is. But things have changed.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 542 ★★★
    Ebony Maw
    I’m personally not a big fan of Emma. Yes, she has immunities in Diamond form, but using her in fights that give debuffs is not worth it. If you mess up and get out of Diamond form, you’re screwed. I would just assume use my diverse roster and take a champ or 2 that counters well and call it a day.

Maw for BG. Yes, there are counters to him, but if the opponent doesn’t draft a counter then that fight is going to suck for them. Or he will be insta banned and my other champs will be used.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 506 ★★★
    Bigfoot33 said:

Adv said:

What about three nexus six star crystals? It seems that all the options are underwhelming and one could in theory have a better chance with three nexus six star crystals rather than a seven star selector. In the present meta, six stars are still going to be relevant for a while and while seven stars are definitely the future but presently, three six star nexus maybe a better fit.

Very valid point. 👏

We're all getting wound up about 7 star champ Selectors that are "meh" at best. And in this future, the champ out of this selector will probably won't get used at all. The "right" 6 star could be used a lot longer.
    Yes. A very good point, and one to heavily consider for some, however it could be argued that the much higher stats of a decent champ at 7 Star rarity, plus the addition of stat focus could make a major difference depending on one’s roster set up.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 834 ★★★
    Emma Frost
    Emma.....don't have her as a six star (have all the others)....doesn't need dupe....she's also my missing Collosus synergy piece (I mean I have her as a 5 star but that's a wasted slot).....7 star will at least be used on quests
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 126
    Ebony Maw
    None of the above because they all suck
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 834 ★★★
    Emma Frost
    As every second passes I am all but sold on taking the nexus option....I have 7 7 stars (one duped) and my go to questing or team of 5 is still all high rank 6 stars.....even a year from now any GREAT 6 star is still going to be used over every single one of those 7 star champs....would people be singing a different tune if this selection also included let's sayyyyy ....6 star versions of herc, kingpin, Kitty, hulking, scorpion etc etc....with the availability of rank ups mats and awakening stones/sig stones it's so much easier to get a high rank 6 star and fast .....I pulled herc (FINALLY) about a month ago . Literally one month later he's rank 4 sig 145. Just by playing the game .. no grinding.....maybe I'm crazy but even the chance at hulkling or kingpin, 72 bricks of iso and probably 7-800 7 star shards is the best option....I'm missing too many top tier 6 stars to pass up on this....I'd need major convincing at this point to take a 7 star to sit on my bench
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,150 ★★★
    Emma Frost
    DrZola said:

Viv and Titania are two reasons I will choose Emma over Maw. There was a time he was the most annoying defender and tricky to counter; now, however, there are more and more answers.

Dr. Zola

Why Viv/Titania as it pertains to Emma?
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Emma Frost
    Emma is so versatile I think it’s hard to pick anyone else
    Sure, Maw will be great in Battlegrounds, but I don’t really care about this game mode so no real reason to pick him over Emma even though he’s also a very solid choice
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    After watching people test him, Cap looks mediocre. Needs sig 200 imo. Roblin looks alright, but he’s not my thing. BP has great damage, but he’s less dual use and I’d like his dupe. Emma, Maw, and surprisingly Antman would be my top 3. I saw him cooking
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Red Goblin
    The majority of people will pick Maw.. while I love him, the fact is he will quickly become an insta-ban champ in BGs and even if he isn’t, a well-ranked Torch can handle him.

You know what no one will see coming? Red Goblin. Silent but deadly, baby. Boom.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 852 ★★★★
    Ebony Maw
    Maw-maw Mia
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,651 ★★★★
    Ebony Maw
    Definitely Maw. While the other champs are pretty decent, Maw is definitely the most fun to play out of them all.
  • Options
    RealWizardRealWizard Posts: 91
    Red Goblin
    There is no wrong choice. They are all solid options and it all depends on what your roster needs. I needed a solid cosmic, so I chose red goblin.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 482 ★★★
    Ebony Maw

BeastDad said:

Unduped the others suck

Pikolu said:

BeastDad said:

Unduped the others suck

Emma is literally better unduped than duped
    Her relevance was up 4 years ago.
    So was Blade's and now he's a top BGs attacker
    What BG are you playing bro? Blade top BG attacker? For CAV maybe
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,562 ★★★★★
    Emma Frost
    bm3epps said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Why Viv/Titania as it pertains to Emma?
    Not as it relates to Emma, but rather Viv/Titania as terrific Maw counters. And there are more than that, which I think begins to make Maw less potent as a defender.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,559 ★★★★
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,078 ★★★★
    Emma Frost
    Either Maw or Frost. Both are underrated
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,297 ★★★★
    I went with Emma over Maw, because while they are mostly equivalent in general use (and both will likely just sit on the bench as people get more 7-stars), Emma just has more potential as an ongoing synergy partner with every new Mutant that comes out (heck, she just had one with Dani), while Ebony will be largely limited to the pipe dream of a new Thanos being released.