Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

What was the point of this DLX challenge ?

Comments

• Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    More like testing my patience and amount of free time…. This is one heck of a drag on my time. Hopefully rewards make it worth it all…
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Although it was pretty boring rewards were good, in the past we had many boring challenges, even worse than this one , and rewards were worse, so I don't complain
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,553 ★★★★★
    It's so awful that I don't even want to play the game.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

You are not my superior, my boss, or my parent. I said what I said, and it's true. Anything slightly beneficial is complained about on here. "Too easy...too hard...too fast....too monotonous....not enough Rewards....the Rewards are game-breaking...."
    I'm the first person to say people have the right to say whatever they want, so you're preaching to the choir. Once in a while I feel the need to point out that complaining for the sake of complaining is counterproductive. There is no negative to this Event.

It s not "true", it's your truth. Big Difference here, especially when you re the vast minority.
    The fact that people complain about everything here is not "your truth", it's the truth. Also, I wouldn't say I'm in the vast minority at all. One Thread on the Forum, which is comprised of a small fraction of the Player base in general, is not vast. I'm willing to wager the majority of people just did the Quest and were happy for the Rewards.
  • Options
    Somewhat good Rewards....anywhere else in the game you can get 5k 7* Shards and 5* Titan Shards in one go?
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 904 ★★★
    I sucked at this type of content and have never even tried ROL. So this really made me work and you know what? I got better in the end and I feel like I am a better summoner at the end of this event.
    I have never used the Ronan cheese before today and actually got KO a couple of times at the start. I got to practice with Juggs on baiting his heavy and punishing with my heavy (which I have never done before).
    With EOP, one mistake and you are done. At least in this one, I can still keep working on the fight. The first few times I got faltered against WS, I panicked and get KO (I used a 5* Ronan) but by the fourth or fifth fight, I was more composed and was able to learn to dodge his sp1.
    I am really grateful to get these amazing rewards as I am not in the top tier alliance and don’t even have a titan shard before today. For five hours of grind, plus a couple of hours in the 1-2* arenas, you get a 7* selector. I say that is time well spent. Just glad I can finished it as it looked pretty bad at the start.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Somewhat good Rewards....anywhere else in the game you can get 5k 7* Shards and 5* Titan Shards in one go?

Great way to miss the point that most have made in this thread. Nobody is questioning the rewards.

The game play is exceptionally tedious and monotonous. To fully clear all 6 paths for 7 stages with the only change being increased difficulty. And it isn't challenging but due to stats in the later stages the fights are just long.

To most people not named you that is not a person's idea of fun.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Great way to miss the point that most have made in this thread. Nobody is questioning the rewards.

The game play is exceptionally tedious and monotonous. To fully clear all 6 paths for 7 stages with the only change being increased difficulty. And it isn't challenging but due to stats in the later stages the fights are just long.

The Rewards are a part of it. If you have to put a little time and effort into them, then it's worth it.
  • Options

Dtl7714 said:

The Rewards are a part of it. If you have to put a little time and effort into them, then it's worth it.
    Worth it yes. Fun, entertaing, and/or creative? Absolutely not.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Dtl7714 said:

Worth it yes. Fun, entertaing, and/or creative? Absolutely not.
    Let me see. So you want high-end Rewards, that are available to a large number of people at varying points of progress, and you want it fun, entertaining, and creative? How do you figure they do that all?
    It's not just for the highest Players who want 20-minute Fights.
  • Options
    One of their better events for instance when they did summer of pain. Just 6 paths along with the objectives. Challenging, creative, not to long, good rewards. And required skill to beat the Grandmaster
  • Options
    You're not going to get those Rewards for 6 Fights.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

And you don't get rewards for doing 6 fights in the Brutal DLX challenge either
  • Options

And you don't get rewards for doing 6 fights in the Brutal DLX challenge either
    That was my point.
    Honestly, this is the epitome of instant gratification. People are fine with Fights that exclude the majority of people as long as it doesn't require time and effort.
    It's a game that's based on time and effort to progress. Some things are going to be grindy. Not everything is going to be one-and-done.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

You are not my superior, my boss, or my parent. I said what I said, and it's true. Anything slightly beneficial is complained about on here. "Too easy...too hard...too fast....too monotonous....not enough Rewards....the Rewards are game-breaking...."
    I'm the first person to say people have the right to say whatever they want, so you're preaching to the choir. Once in a while I feel the need to point out that complaining for the sake of complaining is counterproductive. There is no negative to this Event.

It s not "true", it's your truth. Big Difference here, especially when you re the vast minority.
    The fact that people complain about everything here is not "your truth", it's the truth. Also, I wouldn't say I'm in the vast minority at all. One Thread on the Forum, which is comprised of a small fraction of the Player base in general, is not vast. I'm willing to wager the majority of people just did the Quest and were happy for the Rewards.
    By all means, wager away!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,562 ★★★★★
    Positives about the event…able to use a variety of champs new and old, solid rewards, more in line with a celebration than a challenge, some fun interactions between buff nodes and attackers.

Main negative is length of Ch 1, but there are some accounts that will only be able to get that far, so I get the rationale.

I think the primary source of discontent is expecting a challenge event and getting a celebration event. The adage “don’t look a gift horse in the mouth” comes to mind.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Tejko89Tejko89 Posts: 3
    edited August 2023
    Hi. I didn’t done even one path of this cuz I think chat me, and meny others, don’t have that patience and TIME! But I have and suggestion how it supposed to be. I don’t know that someone here had same idea as me,(don’t have time to check and read all upper posts) because I need to reserve 185 hours to this quest plus leave my job and pack my family to go camping that I can do this, this, this and don’t know what it is, maby state of mind. Ok, it suppose to be like this: if u are paragon…. U do paragon and all rest in sector 1 is automatically completed!!! Why? Oh, because u have been proven that u CAN, and u just did. Why doing this all over and over, why u punish us for will to play mcoc. Please Kabam respect ours time, families and psychic health, at least next time.@Kabam Miike u don’t have to answer, just read and consider. Sorry for my English it’s my second language. Best regards y’all
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 268 ★★★
    To forcefully drive player engagement levels up during one of the months of the year most players would prefer to be off the game most of the time
  • Options
    Unless they're holding a gun to people, that's not really true. No one is forced to do anything.
  • Options
    JimajohnJimajohn Posts: 96

So what was the point of this challenge, its not challenging and it’s not fun either. The post read “ it will test the skills of the most skillful summoners.” But I don’t see what skills are being used either. Doing the same fights over and over with a slight boost in health and attack.

When the challenge was announced i legit thought there will be a single quest with single Rol defenders path with boosted healthpools and attack some challenging node combos on each fight just like most players were asking kabam to do. But boy kabam screwed it big time. They instead decided to make the most boring event there is.

Even if they decided to go down this route, it should’ve been that whatever a player’s progression level they just need to do that difficulty but no you must complete all the lower difficulties as well.

Moreover you cannot autoplay it properly because there is a portal at the end of each path that goes two ways so you must select it after every few minutes. In addition, the the node combo is kind of niche on some of the fights and therefore you need to select a specific counter for the fights.

Kabam seriously dropped the ball on this…🫠

ITS A TEST OF STAMINA :)
  • Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★

Unless they're holding a gun to people, that's not really true. No one is forced to do anything.

Why you play this game, do reward comes first or fun/enjoy?

Don't counter by **** argument that you are getting good reward by wasting time. What are you even going to do with these digital pixels anyway.

So, simply when you counter rewards are good and you need to waste time slogging off to earn it directly means event is not good.

• Options

Why you play this game, do reward comes first or fun/enjoy?

Don't counter by **** argument that you are getting good reward by wasting time. What are you even going to do with these digital pixels anyway.

So, simply when you counter rewards are good and you need to waste time slogging off to earn it directly means event is not good.

Waste time....you mean play the game? Have people become that entitled that they can't finish a Quest over the course of 3 weeks?
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,730 ★★★

So what was the point of this challenge, its not challenging and it’s not fun either. The post read “ it will test the skills of the most skillful summoners.” But I don’t see what skills are being used either. Doing the same fights over and over with a slight boost in health and attack.

When the challenge was announced i legit thought there will be a single quest with single Rol defenders path with boosted healthpools and attack some challenging node combos on each fight just like most players were asking kabam to do. But boy kabam screwed it big time. They instead decided to make the most boring event there is.

Even if they decided to go down this route, it should’ve been that whatever a player’s progression level they just need to do that difficulty but no you must complete all the lower difficulties as well.

Moreover you cannot autoplay it properly because there is a portal at the end of each path that goes two ways so you must select it after every few minutes. In addition, the the node combo is kind of niche on some of the fights and therefore you need to select a specific counter for the fights.

Kabam seriously dropped the ball on this…🫠

No point what so ever. Waste of time. Don't do it.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    I don’t think ‘playing the game for rewards’ and ‘fun’ should be mutually exclusive.
    If you look at the incursions event this month, arguably will take more time to complete, the rewards aren’t as good as a side quest, but for me, it’s far more fun.
    I don’t think there’s many people saying I hate the effort needed for the event so I’m not doing it. Rather, we understand that effort is needed, but can we have some content that is a little more challenging and a little less monotonous. I’m a pretty average paragon player and did Brutal DLX difficulty with 2 revives. I was expecting a difficulty level that would wipe my stash out. So it’s fine, we have our rewards, we’ll all have our 7* Maws for Battle Grounds. Just in future, when it comes to game design can some of the feedback be heard and the design incorporate a something a little more fun. Not saying it needs to be completed in 5 minutes with a Herc. Just a little more fun.
  • Options
    The problem with that is, you can't really make it that challenging without excluding a large number of Players. Also, it's not that easy to make it harder when you're talking about Champs that people have fought umpteen times over.
  • Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★

The problem with that is, you can't really make it that challenging without excluding a large number of Players.

Lol they could have simply made, 1 quest per progression and retained 2nd part of brutal DLX challange(even could have made a little tougher).

Currently, they copied paragon progression part of chapter 1 to chapter 2.

Such a mediocrity by event design team.
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 65
    Just because it's not a challenge for you or most people who have the necessary champions to make it look easy, not everyone has that. It would be challenging if you were limited more with only one run through no revives and all the top end or cheese champions excluded would that be more to your liking?? Be happy that you can breeze through it where someone else may really struggle. Please spare the get good at the game ish because until they fix all the input issues and it runs smoothly on all devices, without silly A I. glitches combined with cheap nodes, nothing is perfect.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

Just because it's not a challenge for you or most people who have the necessary champions to make it look easy, not everyone has that. It would be challenging if you were limited more with only one run through no revives and all the top end or cheese champions excluded would that be more to your liking?? Be happy that you can breeze through it where someone else may really struggle. Please spare the get good at the game ish because until they fix all the input issues and it runs smoothly on all devices, without silly A I. glitches combined with cheap nodes, nothing is perfect.

Easy and hard is out of the question, the post is to highlight the lazy design of the quest. The monotony of it all, doing so many same fights over and over again.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,559 ★★★★
    Chapter 2 was fine as a challenge…sure it was repetitive but I accept the setup.

Chapter 1 on the other hand was just too repetitive. IMO it should have been restricted to your title.

So Paragon play the Paragon and TB chapters only, TB play TB and Cavalier chapters etc.
    for me it was tedious to have to fully explore the lower level chapters. They should have been auto credited…
    Just my thoughts