Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Being bullied by the Paragons

In Platinum I right now, little baby man TB as well, I just don’t get it, where are all of the other Thronebreakers, I’m not that good, my roster isn’t that busty, and I keep getting ass slammed by Paragon accounts, along with the shítty BG AI that just ruins the entire fun of the matches

Here are the specimens

And here are my champions

Coalesce my fellow Thronebreakers.

Comments

• Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    Yeah, it can be rough - I haven't done much BG but that feeling of hopelessness when my R3 6*s are facing off against R4 and R5s is palpable :smile:

My understanding is that, as the season goes on, these accounts drift more and more to the higher tiers and us lowly TBs can fight over the scraps :wink:
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    I think the goal of their changes is, over time, to have the better players start higher based on where they end the previous season, so that the players left in lower tiers are on more equal footing. That's long-term relief, though, so for now you'll just have to feel bullied when you reach a certain level.
  • Options
    J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 288 ★★
    DrZola said:

Is this the first time this season you’ve faced accounts that size?

Dr. Zola

Every season
    It gets annoying
  • Options
    FlippFlipp Posts: 52
    Sooo what do you expect to happen? Not face those accounts?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★
    All the throne-breakers are probably in plat 2 and 3
  • Options
    J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 288 ★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Every season
    It gets annoying
    So when you say bullied, do you mean beat fair and square because you're in the same tier?
    I’m saying we should be matched with players of equal calibre, because I know they exist, and not just get obliterated in 2 rounds or be forced to forfeit.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,708 Guardian
    We've had this kind of matchmaking for close to 3 seasons now. You're going to have better results beating a dead horse than trying to get kabam to change matchmaking back.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited August 2023

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Every season
    It gets annoying
    So when you say bullied, do you mean beat fair and square because you're in the same tier?
    I’m saying we should be matched with players of equal calibre, because I know they exist, and not just get obliterated in 2 rounds or be forced to forfeit.

Nope. You want same rewards, you have to fight bigger/better accounts... feel free to lobby for a junior bracket, just remember, that should consist of lesser rewards
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,561 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Every season
    It gets annoying
    I suppose the problem is that by reaching Platinum at this stage in the season (full disclosure: I’m in Gold 2 and haven’t played much) you’re going to be facing stiffer competition since that’s what’s left.

I would consider my account pretty solid, but I’m routinely facing lineups with 2K+ prestige beyond mine and 10+ R5/R2 champs, and that’s starting out in Bronze. For reference, that would be accounts in the 18-19K range.

I expect that, because that’s how the matchmaking system works and has worked for a while. The point of all this is to suggest your situation isn’t unique.

Where there is a wrinkle, however, is how the seeding plays out next season. If things hold, your account will likely end up seeded at least as high or higher than mine. And yet I’m probably one of those bully accounts you’ve mentioned.

Do you think that’s fair?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 648 ★★★
    HoadyOZ said:

Two of the great myths of this game: Hercules is a cheat code for all content (from people who don’t have Hercules), and Paragons rule BG (from people who aren’t Paragon yet).
    Paragon comes from finishing Chap 7 and having 3 r4 6*s. It doesn’t imply a fantastic BG roster or great fighting ability. Plenty of Cavs and TBs are capable of fielding an equally competitive BG roster.

Exactly. Not to drag him into it, but I've been following Nick136's new account & despite having a limited roster, I'm fairly sure by now or real soon, he'll be in gladiator circuit. He's got amazing skill, showing that roster strength can definitely be navigated around
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    HoadyOZ said:

Two of the great myths of this game: Hercules is a cheat code for all content (from people who don’t have Hercules), and Paragons rule BG (from people who aren’t Paragon yet).
    Paragon comes from finishing Chap 7 and having 3 r4 6*s. It doesn’t imply a fantastic BG roster or great fighting ability. Plenty of Cavs and TBs are capable of fielding an equally competitive BG roster.

They were before this Season. Now it's just a slog, and next Season will be a gauntlet because the only people in Plat and up will be the same ones in the GC the previous.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    When people make these sort of posts, i wonder if I should be crying about routinely running into Chaos, DSVG, LVT, NewN, TCN, players?

I demand compensation Kabam.