**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★

Gold is the only resource in the game that for no money is only limited by time in a day and you still complain. You're like the old lady with a Virginia ham under one arm complaining because she doesn't have any bread.

Can't wait for the 7* champ in the incursion store and people saying I know we can play incursion to get the 7* champ but I don't want to so just give it to me.

False equivalency.

‘I want gold so that I can use my otherwise-acquired resources that I fought hard and spent time for. To do this I have to spend even more time and effort in a boring, repetitive and unchallenging game mode.’

‘I want a 7 star champion and to do so I need to put effort and time into a challenging game mode where no run is exactly the same due to champion variations, node variations, hack variations and team variations.’

Please.
    people are thinking about resource mgmt alone here, that i wasting the resources.

But i'm thinking about the time mgmt, personal life mgmt and all. Grinding arenas, playing incursions, playing AQ, playing EQ, playing quests, daily we can't spend 3 or 4 hrs combinely which will impact personal life.

so i'm okay to have a slow progression in this game, as it's giving my pesonal space and being a stress buster for a longer period.

BUT the point is, somewhere kabam should plan a gold easy gettable options for quickie upgrades, to reach milestones without compromising our time mgmt..
  • Options
    bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★
    edited August 2023
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I like how the people trying to counter-argue all of us are singling out the arena and saying that it is tedious. Okay? That still doesn't make it any less profitable, plus we all have given multiple other options to get tons of gold easily. You all are just lazy af and want to do no work

I grind all milestones for every arena and still have a gold shortage. All content done, buy gold crystals with glory, and complete all monthly events. What else you got?
    It is impossible to have a gold shortage if you're doing all of that unless you have a serious issue managing your resources
    pls stop complaining about our/others resource mgmt, of course i plan well.

somewhere in somepoint, everyone wanted to improvise the roster. but gold becoming an issue for non-arena grinders
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

I find it so funny that the same tired-ass response to this problem is “play arena” when everybody and their mothers know that arena is tedious, boring and outdated in terms of rewards for the time invested. Can you not see that people want to be able to play the game without having to waste time in this mode? It’s not a case of ‘people wanting things for free and for no effort’; people want to be able to earn this stuff in a more dynamic way. Daily gold quest with interesting nodes would go a long way. It doesn’t even need to be OP- 100K a day?

Personally I’d feel a lot better about gold as a bottlenecked resource if it wasn’t gated behind spending time in the worst mode in the history of the game….

I get what you are saying, but if you are only willing to play some of the game, shouldn't you only get some of the benefits?

There's enough gold for EQ/SQ, incursions, and daily objectives to still effectively play the rest of the game if you're willing to be patient; otherwise, there are options to help...
    It's honestly just not that simple. I have everything I need except gold and ISO because I choose to play game modes that I enjoy. It's frustrating when I invest my time into the game with the intention of enjoying it and I end up dissapointed either way. It's just a choice between being frustrated that I don't have the materials I need or being frustrated that I wasted ~3.5 hours earning enough gold for one rank 2 6*

The idea that players just need to be patient feels totally mislead. I'm an early, progressing Paragon who's willing to drop some money on the game if it means speeding things up a bit. I feel like I really shouldn't be stuck just accepting that my progress is at a halt unless I choose to waste 6+ hours every few days playing the one gamemode I cannot get behind. I play AQ, I do Cav and TB MEQ's, I grind Incursions if I've got a few hours to spare. The idea that I should just spend more time to tirelessly grind out this one gamemode is just... Bleh.
  • Options

Somehow my gold just keeps going up.

Probably because you're not an early to mid game, progressing player
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,798 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023

Oh that's the issue. You think new players should automatically get what 5+ year players have acquired. Totally makes sense now.
    Not automatically but they shouldn't also have to wait 5 years. They obviously wouldn't keep playing if they knew they'd never have a 6 or 7* for the first 5 years of a game. Would you continue playing after your first few days if you knew for a fact you'd never have a 6 or 7* for the first 5 years? That's not how you keep new players playing for the long haul. I know that's not what this thread is about but saying players should have to wait years to have what older players have now is kinda silly.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    I think you have to choose who you level/rank based on how much you play the game.

We all understand (hopefully) that not everyone has time for tedious arenas or incursions (lots of gold here).

If you don't have the time to do that, then you simply don't have a way to get access to all the gold behind those barriers either and have to be a little (a lot) more selective with how you use your gold and resources.

There is also gold you can get with glory and other various types of currency if that is what you choose, at the sacrifice of rank up materials (which it sounds like you might not have the gold to use anyway.

You can't expect Kabam to just give you an endless amount of specific resources simply because your life doesn't allow you to play the game modes at the level needed. Sacrifices have to be made.
  • Options

Oh that's the issue. You think new players should automatically get what 5+ year players have acquired. Totally makes sense now.
    Not at all. I think I should be able to afford taking up multiple champions to rank 2 in 2 weeks. Late game Paragons don't need to worry about taking so many champions up in a small amount of time because their rosters are already stacked. They can afford to save, so obviously they'll have a higher amount of resources just sitting around. Meanwhile, they'll stomp my account the second I make it to Diamond because, surprise surprise, I haven't done enough rankups to keep up with the meta.
  • Options
    MikealsniteMikealsnite Posts: 29
    The **** on here is astounding. The truth is, at some point in this game the amount of gold you get to achieve character building is archaic…to the point I don’t even bother wasting time on the Halls of Gold just to get only a couple of hundred k in gold for the time wasted (even auto fighting). You can’t rank up even later ranks of 5*s with that. If 5 star champs had remained the top of the champ pool, then the gold rewards would still make sense. The minute they created 6 stars, the gold pools needed to increase accordingly. They haven’t.

If Arenas gave more in guaranteed Gold, the suggestion would make sense. Upon checking Arenas (above 4* only) JUST NOW…if you hit all the milestones with GUARANTEED Gold you can get:

Karnak - 38k
    Future Antman - 30k

Even the 2 new Arenas for the month only net you 70k & 44k in guaranteed Gold…using 1 star champs (and TWICE the amount of time?). You can’t rank ANYTHING 5* and above with that.
    So lets say you convert the Battle-chips gained as well…they drop VARIED amounts of gold and/or VARIED amounts of units and/or even a champ per conversion. Not getting into the VARIED amount of gold you could or couldn’t get…

Start with the champ: SMALL amount of guaranteed gold ONLY IF you duplicate a champ…AND since they did away with being able to SELL champs now - THAT IS ALL.

Now the Units: Buying gold crystals (let’s assume at LEAST Uncollected) with varied drop amounts. Buying TEN crystals for FOUR HUNDRED UNITS you have a chance of EXTREME LUCK and capping all 10 crystals to get 1,950,000 gold OR extremely BAD LUCK to get at the minimum of 195K gold.

If you’ve been playing this game long enough you at least “feel” the game AI KNOWS what you need and purposefully (within the drop rate guidelines of course) skimps on whatever it is (certain class catalysts, certain class champs, units over gold, gold over units, GOLD amounts, etc…).

So please stop throwing the “ARENA” out as an absolute answer to getting the amounts of gold necessary to rank champs. Just because it IS Kabam’s preferred means LEFT for players besides UNIT spending, don’t act like it’s not just poo painted gold (pardon the pun). 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 776 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

I like how the people trying to counter-argue all of us are singling out the arena and saying that it is tedious. Okay? That still doesn't make it any less profitable, plus we all have given multiple other options to get tons of gold easily. You all are just lazy af and want to do no work

I grind all milestones for every arena and still have a gold shortage. All content done, buy gold crystals with glory, and complete all monthly events. What else you got?
    Do you try to rank and level up every champ you pull? Sounds like it.
    Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. I pulled all the champs from the featured and only 2 got ranked. Got any other useless responses?
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

It is impossible to have a gold shortage if you're doing all of that unless you have a serious issue managing your resources
    And yet, almost everyone in my group of alliances is short on gold. You Kabam shills are really something else.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    Man, what's with awarding a teeny tiny 1k amount of gold, for champ dupes in crystals???? Idk about other game modes, but something like that should award you a lot of gold. Obviously, the odds of you pulling the same champ again is like 1:252 ratio of probability (if my math is right). Damn it!
    This change should at the very least start applying to 5 star and above champs
  • Options
    Leaving out what is bound to get the old “conspiracy theory” comments my second to last paragraph will probably bring (hey Demon 👋🏾 - you’re so despised now, even when ur right they dislike your comments these days lol), the rest seems true to me. Arenas are NOT the answer to sustained, needed and consistent gold they were before the creation of 6star champs much less the new 7*s.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,490 ★★★★
    Just to put an end to this thought that you have to play arena. Opening the rest of these will give roughly 100 million gold give or take a few million. So just play the game they give gold crystals out everywhere. That's in addition to questing, arena, duping champs, glory store, side quests, there is so much gold in this game it is shocking that people can't manage it.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★

I'm up millions this month alone. Not seeing a scarcity of Gold on my end.

You're self-admittedly not very serious about the game. Ranking up champs for BG seasons is quite draining on relatively new Paragon players.
    I might take a Champ or two up. I don't Rank a new Roster every Season.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    s

Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. I pulled all the champs from the featured and only 2 got ranked. Got any other useless responses?
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

And yet, almost everyone in my group of alliances is short on gold. You Kabam shills are really something else.
    I'm not a Kabam Shill. I really don't understand the gold shortage. I haven't been low on gold since before the first ever (and only worthwhile) gold realm which was years and years ago. I used to donate gold for chips in the days of alliance treasuries. I'm running free AQ at the moment but paid for map 8 entirely with gold for a long time. I'm not an arena grinder. I don't like arena. But I run 6* r4s and 7*s in the featured for milestones and occasionally hit milestones in the basic for units.I hit all the milestones every level up and usually go beyond. Last level up I took a champ to R4 and leveled up a new 7*. I'm sitting at 146,500,000+ gold. Honestly when these threads pop up I feel like we must be playing different games.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Just to put an end to this thought that you have to play arena. Opening the rest of these will give roughly 100 million gold give or take a few million. So just play the game they give gold crystals out everywhere. That's in addition to questing, arena, duping champs, glory store, side quests, there is so much gold in this game it is shocking that people can't manage it.

That's what I'm seeing lol. So many uncollected gold crystals available.
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

ahmynuts said:

What else? You have zero clue how to manage resources. You think you're entitled to rank up everyone whenever you want just because you have some of the resources to do so. Why do you think you're entitled to rank up whoever whenever just because you have the cats and iso to do it?

What about the people that have a ton of gold but not the cats or not enough iso? Should kabam make that easier for them too so they can just continually rank up everyone whenever they feel like it? I get a rash of new champs instead of dupes, I don't expect to take them all up right away. And I don't know why I would. Why would I just blindly rank champs that won't help me finish content? And since I have plenty of gold, I look at my cats and rank selectively because I know I don't have a plentifully supply of them. Well for you, that's gold. Learn to manage it.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,466 ★★★★
    You are SUPPOSED to play all the various game modes, that's how the game works.

Now, if you choose to just focus on 1 or 2 modes, then you're limited to the rewards tied to those one or two modes.

You choose how much you want to play the game each day, and then you choose how to prioritise that time - Story, EQ, SQ, Incursions, Battlegrounds, whatever. They all give their own rewards - so you find the rewards and then work backwards from there.

Gold is one of the resources that's available from virtually every game mode. There are some finite prizes from Completion/Exploration rewards, purchaseable from various stores, or basically on tap in Arena.

Arena may be boring - but half the point of it is that you can eventually reach a point where you can play it while only half-focused and just rack up the points you need. What's that? Your champions cost more to rank up now? Cool, that also means you have more champions at higher rarity to earn more points - I play the featured Arena exclusively with 6* champs now because I know I rarely (if ever) have the time to go through my entire roster so no point wasting even the early fights with 5* when I can earn more with 6*.

The resources are available, you just don't like doing what you have to do to get it. You want all the big, flashy, rewards from major content (crystals, AGs, rank-up materials) but don't want to do the work required for the support resources. That's a YOU problem.
  • Options

Am I seeing that right? Is that an AVERAGE of 24k (give or take) per crystal? Lolol Were those normal Gold crystals too ( I certainly hope so for THAT low of an average ) 🙀
  • Options
    crogs said:

ahmynuts said:

What else? You have zero clue how to manage resources. You think you're entitled to rank up everyone whenever you want just because you have some of the resources to do so. Why do you think you're entitled to rank up whoever whenever just because you have the cats and iso to do it?

What about the people that have a ton of gold but not the cats or not enough iso? Should kabam make that easier for them too so they can just continually rank up everyone whenever they feel like it? I get a rash of new champs instead of dupes, I don't expect to take them all up right away. And I don't know why I would. Why would I just blindly rank champs that won't help me finish content? And since I have plenty of gold, I look at my cats and rank selectively because I know I don't have a plentifully supply of them. Well for you, that's gold. Learn to manage it.
    That wasn’t an answer. He told you he wasn’t looking for an easy way out and the best you gave him was an insult instead of ideas. Quit trolling/insulting and help with something constructive since you’re so good at gold management 😐
  • Options

s

Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I'm not a Kabam Shill. I really don't understand the gold shortage. I haven't been low on gold since before the first ever (and only worthwhile) gold realm which was years and years ago. I used to donate gold for chips in the days of alliance treasuries. I'm running free AQ at the moment but paid for map 8 entirely with gold for a long time. I'm not an arena grinder. I don't like arena. But I run 6* r4s and 7*s in the featured for milestones and occasionally hit milestones in the basic for units.I hit all the milestones every level up and usually go beyond. Last level up I took a champ to R4 and leveled up a new 7*. I'm sitting at 146,500,000+ gold. Honestly when these threads pop up I feel like we must be playing different games.
    You’re not an Arena grinder, you don’t like Arena but you DO ARENA (with MULTIPLE more than mid level ranked 6* champs AND MULTIPLE SEVEN* champs) enough to hit every milestone in the Featured arena AND more than a few times in the Basic arena?

Yeah I can see where you don’t do Arena 🫢😬🤦‍♂️. By the way, doesn’t Level Up only give, at most, 30k gold for milestones? The gold gems you get from Rank Milestones, I can’t remember offhand, if they’re Progress based (i.e. Uncollected gold gems, Cavalier, etc…)?

BUT (and it’s a HUGE BUTT) it doesn’t matter…IF YOU DON’T HAVE ENOUGH GOLD TO LEVEL AND RANK ANYONE TO BEGIN WITH, now does it?
    Which means you probably won’t have MULTIPLE higher ranked 6* and 7*s to get more points per match in Arena, and so on…
    Not to mention the amount of Units and Battlechips you get to convert with just by playing THAT MUCH arena to reach peak milestones…which CAN be seen or considered as grinding by some people btw, so…

Do you see where I’m going with this? 🤷‍♂️
    Sorry for the caps, it’s not yelling, its just for emphasis 😔
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,490 ★★★★

Am I seeing that right? Is that an AVERAGE of 24k (give or take) per crystal? Lolol Were those normal Gold crystals too ( I certainly hope so for THAT low of an average ) 🙀
    And yet you are the one pouting about not being able to get gold
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 776 ★★★★

I'm up millions this month alone. Not seeing a scarcity of Gold on my end.

You're self-admittedly not very serious about the game. Ranking up champs for BG seasons is quite draining on relatively new Paragon players.
    I might take a Champ or two up. I don't Rank a new Roster every Season.
    Your statement is clearly why you're struggling. You think people are ranking an entire roster for BGs... Might need to learn the champs better.