Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement

Comments

• Options
    Superdave1966Superdave1966 Posts: 76
    And it's probably already been said but I'm not reading 11 pages:
    Would it be that difficult to introduce a "disable persistent placement" setting for those that don't want to use it?
  • Options

You can't get points on the AW solo event for placing defenders now,and that gave the most points.i doubt if we can reach the top milestone without getting 600 points x 5 for placing defenders each war

Thought above was just an observation now that new AW has started *after* we finally got this 28-day Solo AW Event to become available. (was waiting on this new war to see what was actually gonna happen)

But the Points Description actually has been changed now to remove those “Place Defender” points.
    Milestone point requirements stayed the same.

(that is where this reply was gonna end, but then I looked closer…)

——
    **BUT, the “Defeat an Enemy” points has been tripled, from 300 to 900 points. (note, the now-removed Defenders used to be 600 each)

So, actually works out similar, if for example you defeat 5 enemies during a war, instead of getting points for placing 5 defenders.
    Defense 600 x 5, plus 300 x 5 fights won.
    == 900 x 5 fights won.

• Options
    GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    Where is alliance compensation
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Golivarez said:

Where is alliance compensation

They don’t care. It isn’t coming.
  • Options
    Today would be a good day for kabam to at least acknowledge the issues they’ve created with persistent placement.
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Great. Here we go again. War rewards claimed but notification still in the inbox.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 575 ★★★★

We aren’t even getting a canned response from mods. This is ridiculous.

they see it and are working behind the scenes to come up with a proper response.
  • Options

We aren’t even getting a canned response from mods. This is ridiculous.

they see it and are working behind the scenes to come up with a proper response.
    They could say that at least lol
  • Options
    Renown10Renown10 Posts: 4
    Why was our alliance not registered for this war, no one changed anything. The Auto-enlistment is broken
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 416 ★★★★
    There is so many things going sideways in this season. We just lost a war which lowered our war rating and dropped our rank over 100 spots in the leaderboard. And yet somehow we moved up from tier 6 to tier 5. Any explanation on how that math works would be appreciated.

• Options
    jimmy89Leejimmy89Lee Posts: 13
    MCOC Team said:

Overview

The all new Persistent Placement Phase is here! This will result in the removal of the current Defensive Placement Phase in wars. Once you set your Defenders, they will remain on the map until changed. This allows players who consistently play Alliance War to maintain their placements without prompt, or remove their placements and allow other Summoners to rotate into the following War.

This also means: Your defenders will no longer be locked to AW and can still be used in Solo content!

New War Entry Flow

Enlist → Matchmaking → Attack

With this Persistent Placement Phase, an Alliance has the ability to edit their Defense and allow it to persist indefinitely, until changed. Alliances will need to set their defense before the Alliance enters “Matchmaking”. As a result of removing the defensive placement phase, the Attack Phase will now last 1 day, and 20 hours. While an attack phase is active, any changes made to defensive placement will be implemented in the following war.

How does it work?

Enter the War Room

Place War Defenders

If you are playing at Challenger or Expert Tiers, you can view Defender Bans using the buttons on the right of the screen. At the bottom, you can see the buttons to allow you to select the map you want to place defenders on. For example, if you are playing on Challenger, you may place on Expert Maps, or on Heroic maps, if you move up or down a tier.

For Alliances that like to rotate members in and out of Battlegroups, you will be able to swap Alliance members and their defenses for the following matchup during the current matchup using the map selector at the bottom of the screen. To further elaborate, if in the attack phase of match 1, any changes to defensive placement will be implemented in match 2.

When do Masteries lock?

The moment that the “Match is Found” and the “Attack Phase” begins, the Alliance Defense will be locked in. At this moment, Masteries will be locked in and applied to your Defense.

Once you are in the Attack Phase, the player may change their masteries to suit their attack needs.

If Summoners make changes to their masteries during the Attack Phase, they will need to take care to adjust their defensively-focused masteries prior to the conclusion of the next matchmaking period to ensure they are implemented in their defensive placement.

The moment the matchmaker time reaches zero, you cannot edit your current war Defense. Any changes made to your defense will only apply to your next wars defense.
    How about giving the officers the option to choose the defenders from each member's 30 ones set on their profiles, the option to copy defenders placement from a difficulty to another, and giving 5 tiers instead of 3 to preset?
  • Options
    Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Posts: 89 ★★
    Introducing: Alliance Wars Persistent Placement, With Bugs!
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★
    Has there been any word on if masteries is getting changed so it is actually usable?
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    This is just BS. A bunch of us can't join war. Not new to the alliance. Just don't normally play. But of course kind of have to if we want the rewards this month. And now we can't. Was able to do attack because the auto thing kept giving us two BG's when we normally do one. But now a few of us can select our defense but can't place them.

If you're going to try to automate something, you kinda need to think of the consequences when it's not automated. And now with the season ending, we can't get our minimum in to even get season rewards. This is just borked.
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    A new war event has started. But some of the alliance had not yet finished the old one. Good job.
  • Options
    Robin_010Robin_010 Posts: 25
    edited September 2023
    We play 3 bgs AQ and 2bgs war. I’ve done 6 wars and have make a spot for someone else. Now for 3 wars can’t join bg1 or bg2. Only Aw bg3 that is not active. I’m not the only one in ally that can’t join Aw defence any more. Can only join attack. So we had wars with to less defence because of this.
  • Options
    And to add. I can't place a defense in the one bg that is still two people short of full. I'm sure the 8 there are pre done. But I can choose bg2 or bg 3 which we didn't even want in the first place. This pretty much guarantees us losing for here on out because we can't change anything. We won't be in silver 2 then as we have been since we started doing war again.

This really is a joke. Like how did this pass through testing and was deemed good to go to go live. Not to mention you have people that can't even bind relics to auto defense champs or can't use them in AQ even when war isn't going on. So I have to waste my time in a guaranteed loss because you chose the perfect time to throw war based events into the rewards. Not a fan of doing content I can't win.
  • Options
    HuorHuor Posts: 38
    AW has become a nightmare for us as an alliance that doesn't play 3 BG AW. We play 2 BG AW and used to play the 'feel free to join' way. With the current implementation of Persistent Placement there is no way to play that anymore. Defense Placement has become a aggravating task for both players and officers.

To make things even worse we have been struck by several Bugs like people being unable to Place Heroes (Begin button doesn't react to the click) which resulted in us defending with only 9 defender or even less, people who have been able to Place Heroes have had their defense 'kicked' so we all of a sudden started war with a defender missing. We have sent tickets with video material showing above mentioned bugs but nothing changed.

It feels like there has been not enough or even no testing. I cannot believe that this was implemented the way it was. Don’t even get me started about war based events as mentioned above....

There seems to be an enormous lack of orange text color in this thread so im not expecting to much but at least its of my chest now.
  • Options

Today would be a good day for kabam to at least acknowledge the issues they’ve created with persistent placement.

Good luck with that. I get the same cookie cutter response from them as I do for other stuff. They treat it like an anomaly and ask what I was doing right before. Had I recently updated thr game. Did I do X, did I do Y. Blah blah blah.

How about just acknowledge they screed the pooch, didn't bother testing it for various variables like war being optional for many and thus not always having the same people joining. And for those doing less than 3 BG's as well. We're stuck with multiple BG's even though we've only signed up for 1. So we've lost the past two wars due to only having about 10 participants for a 2 or 3 bg war. Still can't tell because it shows three during placement and then only two during attack. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    CarmaJCarmaJ Posts: 19
    Can't believe after all these comments and still nothing acknowledged or addressed. It is a mess. Why are all 3 BG's open during placement. We don't run all 3 never have, only 1 or 2. I have people placed in bg3 that shouldn't be. As a leader (or any officer) should have the ability to remove/move as needed. Unacceptable.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,577 ★★★★★
    My alliance does 1 BG wars. Someone tried to add their defense and it bumped them to BG2!
    Why?

And why does the game even show the option for people to add defense to other Battlegroups?? Just dumb.

• Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 463 ★★★
    War has finished, defenders are still stuck in war, even one that is no longer a defender.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    Look like we got new war maps and everyone’s placement got removed

• Options

War has finished, defenders are still stuck in war, even one that is no longer a defender.

@Ironside47 , Defenders are PERSISTENT now, so they no longer get “Released” when you defeat a BG Boss, because they are “always” a defender.
    Think of it as immediately placing them all in defense again as soon as you kill a Boss. So they are always locked (as far as being locked out from using in AQ/AW attack only. Since defenders are now always free to be used in other Solo content).
    zuffy said:

Look like we got new war maps and everyone’s placement got removed

@zuffy , So “Challenger” is your CURRENT (middle choice) map. But you probably had JUST moved either up/down to go into Challenger as your current map.
    So previously, Challenger would have been either your +/- alternate potential Tier Map, but probably nobody ever bothered placing any of their defenders in those +/- Potential Tier maps.
    Now that you are in that one as your “Current”, everyone that never bothered with those potential maps will have to add their defense into there (and also, whatever is now your next higher/lower Tier Map (that is a brand new choice for you) also, in case you bet bumped up/down again soon.

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    @SummonerNR this is a new map. We have been in tier 3/4 challenger map forever.
  • Options
    zuffy said:

@SummonerNR this is a new map. We have been in tier 3/4 challenger map forever.

Oh, sorry. Those are the NEW - NEW maps.
    (thought you were commenting like others in past about after not realizing they moved into a +/-, that they had a mostly-empty defense.)

Can you confirm that everyone's Defenders are still on Defense (check Defense grid 10x5 list), but just NOT actually assigned to any nodes ?
    (that actually, although unfortunately, does make sense if the maps have new paths, nodes, buffs, etc).
    At least it is AFTER War Season ended, have an extra day in which to re-place onto actual nodes, as well as 2 weeks for off-season before it is critical.

Lastly, (if confirmed champs are still assigned to defense, just not on map), is that upon Matchmaking all those non-placed defenders will get auto-random-assigned onto nodes. (So it won’t actually be empty).
  • Options

My alliance does 1 BG wars. Someone tried to add their defense and it bumped them to BG2!
    Why?

And why does the game even show the option for people to add defense to other Battlegroups?? Just dumb.

So if you pick your D and join BG2, then go to the bottom right, there's a selector letting you choose a different bg to place. Still doesn't solve the multiple bg thing when only trying to play one. This was one of the worst gaffs I've seen, and they don't seem to want to own up to it. Even support doesn't own up to it.