**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Sorc Supreme still relevant?

Hi everyone. Finally pulled her after years eluding me. She used to rock a while ago, but no one talks about her anymore. Do you guys think she’s still useful after the recent batch of uber mystics?

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    No. Wet noodle. Never liked her.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Who remembers a champ named jabari panther? Seems only Storm pyramid x survived this long.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 505 ★★★
    She is still an excellent champion but the problem is that everything she does, there is already a champ in the game who does it better. One can argue she has a lot more utility than the average champ but she has become too slow for BGs and loses our against the high health pools in AW with increased chance of timeouts.

Still a good champ for questing though. If she gets a 7* in the next round, she will be back in people's minds.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    Sorc Supreme is still great! IMO the biggest reason she isn't talked about as much anymore is that battlegrounds came out, and that's really not a great format for her. She still excels in everything she did back there, especially questing
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    She is great for wars or general questing given she is very safe and takes time to ramp. For bgs she isn’t great because again takes time to ramp up
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

She is still an excellent champion but the problem is that everything she does, there is already a champ in the game who does it better. One can argue she has a lot more utility than the average champ but she has become too slow for BGs and loses our against the high health pools in AW with increased chance of timeouts.

Still a good champ for questing though. If she gets a 7* in the next round, she will be back in people's minds.

Her 7* is entering the base pool in October.
  • Options
    McFernieMcFernie Posts: 83
    Thank you all, very clarifying
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Sorc supreme was designed with a focus on the old act 6 and the scrapped act 7 design where the attack values were super high. Regen on block was her USP and she lost a lot of value with the new design of acts 7 and 8 cuz her biggest utility wasnt needed as much as before as the game went into a player friendly direction in terms of game design.
    Further with the introduction of nullify immunity in cosmics and BGs coming into the contest,her value has fallen even further
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Not nearly as relevant as years ago.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    I still really like her - she's a utility champ that can do a lot of things and is modifiable based on what you need. As said above - her key in longer fights is that the first time you use her SP3 she stores the rune that is currently active and it then gets used for every special for the rest of the fight - so if you have a need to inflict Armour Break, gain some Regen, or Inflict Slow - then store than rune and you're away laughing.

I used her a lot in the SQ a couple months ago, the Date Night one, where Unstoppable was a real issue - I just made sure to get that SP3 with the appropriate node and thereafter just inflicted slow with every special - easy win.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    She is a great option for mystic monthly quest where you gain benefits by power drain or regen. I brought Claire and doom but actually had more fun using her in this months TB monthly quest.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    if you have HULK sourc supreme is very relevant
  • Options
    McFernieMcFernie Posts: 83
    Maat1985 said:

if you have HULK sourc supreme is very relevant

Nice point…25% longer stuns
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Her most useful utility for me was her regen on block
    And she used to be my Terrax counter when I didn't have any better options

In current state of the game, she can be considered relevant but only if u don't have a big enough roster
    Now there are so many champs that have overtaken her that u will almost never feel the need to pick her up for a fight if u have developed a wide enough roster with most of the top tier mystics

One thing that she can deal with that most other mystics can't is passive unstoppable & evade....I think Dragonman is the only other mystic with a slow in his kit
    But even for that there are so many better slow champs that u will pick her up only when u need slow AND nullification in one fight, or when u need to take a lot of damage on the block
  • Options
    I think she will regain her relevancy when she comes out as a 7*.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    While Sorc is still undeniably a great champ, there are just so many mystics now that do her job better than her, hence why she has been forgotten. Congrats on the pull tho!
    McFernie said:

Hi everyone. Finally pulled her after years eluding me. She used to rock a while ago, but no one talks about her anymore. Do you guys think she’s still useful after the recent batch of uber mystics?