**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Forcing us to do 3 groups?

ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
We don't normally run 3 battle groups when doing war, we normally stick to 2 always have but ever since this update to war it seems to have opened up a 3rd battlegroup and has put us up against an alliance who also uses 3 battlegroups.

Is this a bug or have we set this up wrong? As you can see in picture 2 battlegroups option is selected but the confirm button does not work, I assume this means this option is currently selected as when switched to 1 or 3 battlegroups it allows us to hit confirm..

As for this second picture this is our current war groups we only have 2 active ones going while battlegroup 3 is just sat there empty?

Comments

• Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Yep. And my 2 accounts I put into BG3 now don't have defenders placed in the 2 battlegroups for attack phase.
  • Options
    SlugheadSlughead Posts: 20
    We've had this happen quite a bit. The UI for enlistment is terrible. There's no way to really see what it's doing because when you flip the slider between offseason & onseason, it doesn't update the other UI elements to the previously saved values. So you get absolutely zero feedback on what the game thinks you tried to save. On the "war room" screen during matchmaking I often see 2 groups for offseason, 2 groups for onseason, but then it also says 3 groups selected. Like what in the newt does that mean?

• Options

Yep. And my 2 accounts I put into BG3 now don't have defenders placed in the 2 battlegroups for attack phase.

If you place defenders in BG3, but you Ally enlisted for (and gets) only a 2 BG war, your defenders don’t get used (game can’t just move your defenders over to somewhere in 1/2).
    But at least for Attack, if there was still room in 1/2 you can go ahead and join attack in either of those BGs.

As for @Slughead pic above, the “selected 3 battlegroups” line, just above the next lines that detail OnSeason and Off-season #’s, has basically always been saying 3, even if it is correctly setup for (and succeeds as) only 2 BG.
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
    Still don't understand why its force searching us with 3 battlegroups enabled when we always run 2 we have not changed a single option from every time we do war so we are a bit confused to why this is happening.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Same issue in our alliance. The game started enabling 3 BG's the previous war and it persisted to this current war. I haven't been able to find any way to change it.