Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! | Kabam Please Resolve this!

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,087 ★★★★★
    arifin74 said:

arifin74 said:

Maat1985 said:

maybe if they made gold crystals available in battlegrounds stores it would shut people up?
    Then they can get gold there, they will have to get less of something else tho.
    So i think a lot will still not buy them saying “i want to buy the cats they are rarer”

With all the ways to get gold already, why would one more way be enough?
    1. I enjoy playing Battlegrounds, and so does everyone else. So, no 'extra' effort is required. Why is everything else ( shard, cat, and etc) there?

2. The 7-hour event is way too boring. You have limited time and are forced to do things that you absolutely don't require or enjoy for very little gold. It's better to remove it from there. The other one is Incursion, a good chunk of gold aligned with the effort needed, but it's only once a week.

If gold is one of the primary resources, like shards and catalysts, then why isn't it a primary reward from anywhere in any game mode? The amount that comes with content is almost useless. Wouldn't it be good if you could have a little more there so that the gold reward is useful? It would make sense if Kabam were selling gold and making this scarcity, but they aren't. Wouldn't the game be more enjoyable with one less bottleneck? Why do you have a problem with that?

You see, a stable account like yours will have access to gold. You don't rank up so often. Even having one god-tier champion means you don't need to rank up three semi-good champions. Please don't jump into a discussion about accounts that are not in your state; that's useless. You can state how you play and have gold, and rest assured, that's not fun.
    I have to rank up because I don't want cats expiring. I also have an OCD where I can't have red notifications along the tabs bar.
    Haha, you got me there first. Well, how does this solution sound? :wink:
    Hi, if you don't want your Catalysts to expire, don't play any content that gives you catalyst. first get the other things needed, and then play for cat when you can use those. it will be very fun right?
    I am not even sure why you thought this was a good idea to even post.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Wozzle007 said:

What I’m confused about is that those of us who don’t have a gold problem are being told our opinion doesn’t matter as we already have established accounts

The problem mostly comes with some people in this thread being outright dismissive, and that goes for both sides, but it's a lot harder to understand how 6 month active accounts need to operate as a 6 year active account.

And as for more Gold being available now than ever, that's true, but that goes for every resource in the game as well as how much players need to use them. That's just a fact of the economy, the hard part is balancing it all out.

As for the psychological aspect, finally putting to use my one year of AP Psych, I believe that's what schedules of reinforcements are for. "Reinforcement" being the key word. Schedules of reinforcements are put in place to keep players engaged. I believe mcoc (mostly) follows variable ratio intervals, which means they reinforce players after an unpredictable amount of time. That way, players keep playing without being fully aware of when the amount of work invested will pay off any more or less than any other time. If players knew exactly when the best time to grind was, players would only engage with the game during those windows of time. This isn't always the case for spenders though, since we all know to just wait for the holidays.

But schedules of reinforcement require actual reinforcement. The issue I believe a lot of players like me are experiencing is a lack of reinforcement with Gold. I've been short on Gold for my entire mcoc history, most especially the last 4 months that I've been actively playing. If the Gold bottleneck isn't letting up, players aren't being reinforced to believe their experience will change all that much. That makes every month equally predictable. Awesome new quest? Bet I won't be able to use any of the rewards. New Featured just dropped? Can't wait to leave Silk at rank 1 level 1 for the next few weeks. Should I grind BGs for the shards and catalysts, entirely believing I won't be able to use them yet again? Probably not. The less players are reinforced, the less players can really feel engaged.
    The real issue is at the bottom of this whole debate is that people that claim there's gold shortage think they should be able rank any and every champ as soon as they get them. As Maat said, it's a marathon.

We're not being dismissive. What we see all the time in these threads is people claiming there's a gold shortage and their first rebuttal is "Don't tell me to do arena". You've lost the argument right there if you're not willing to accept the fact that if you want more gold, you have to do more for it. People that claim there's a shortage just want Kabam to hand them millions in gold for nothing because they think they should get a champ and be able to take them from Rank 1 to 4 without issues.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    edited August 2023

arifin74 said:

arifin74 said:

Maat1985 said:

maybe if they made gold crystals available in battlegrounds stores it would shut people up?
    Then they can get gold there, they will have to get less of something else tho.
    So i think a lot will still not buy them saying “i want to buy the cats they are rarer”

With all the ways to get gold already, why would one more way be enough?
    1. I enjoy playing Battlegrounds, and so does everyone else. So, no 'extra' effort is required. Why is everything else ( shard, cat, and etc) there?

2. The 7-hour event is way too boring. You have limited time and are forced to do things that you absolutely don't require or enjoy for very little gold. It's better to remove it from there. The other one is Incursion, a good chunk of gold aligned with the effort needed, but it's only once a week.

If gold is one of the primary resources, like shards and catalysts, then why isn't it a primary reward from anywhere in any game mode? The amount that comes with content is almost useless. Wouldn't it be good if you could have a little more there so that the gold reward is useful? It would make sense if Kabam were selling gold and making this scarcity, but they aren't. Wouldn't the game be more enjoyable with one less bottleneck? Why do you have a problem with that?

You see, a stable account like yours will have access to gold. You don't rank up so often. Even having one god-tier champion means you don't need to rank up three semi-good champions. Please don't jump into a discussion about accounts that are not in your state; that's useless. You can state how you play and have gold, and rest assured, that's not fun.
    I have to rank up because I don't want cats expiring. I also have an OCD where I can't have red notifications along the tabs bar.
    Haha, you got me there first. Well, how does this solution sound? :wink:
    Hi, if you don't want your Catalysts to expire, don't play any content that gives you catalyst. first get the other things needed, and then play for cat when you can use those. it will be very fun right?
    Another wrong suggestion. There’s no way to do this reasonably. For example, I do TB and Cav EQ for gold and the catalysts from that go into overflow.

But my account is actually OK, I have tons of ranked up champs, enough to do any content and do moderately well in GC every season.

It’s the newer/smaller accounts in my alliance family who are are really struggling for gold. They are not ranking every champ because they ask players in the higher alliances if champs are worth taking up.

If Kabam simply scaled up gold regularly like they scale up rank up mats and the requirements of higher rarity champs, this wouldn’t be an issue. There is zero reason for gold to be a bottleneck when champ RNG, rank up mats, and ISO already are. As long as someone isn’t ranking every champ they get and is sticking to the highest rarity, gold should be relatively available.

Also people here pretending they grind arena all day on all accounts are wild.
    I agree with that. My that response was a sarcasm, to those who keep saying we rank up too fast, and rank up everything and having gold issue.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

Wozzle007 said:

What I’m confused about is that those of us who don’t have a gold problem are being told our opinion doesn’t matter as we already have established accounts

The problem mostly comes with some people in this thread being outright dismissive, and that goes for both sides, but it's a lot harder to understand how 6 month active accounts need to operate as a 6 year active account.

And as for more Gold being available now than ever, that's true, but that goes for every resource in the game as well as how much players need to use them. That's just a fact of the economy, the hard part is balancing it all out.

As for the psychological aspect, finally putting to use my one year of AP Psych, I believe that's what schedules of reinforcements are for. "Reinforcement" being the key word. Schedules of reinforcements are put in place to keep players engaged. I believe mcoc (mostly) follows variable ratio intervals, which means they reinforce players after an unpredictable amount of time. That way, players keep playing without being fully aware of when the amount of work invested will pay off any more or less than any other time. If players knew exactly when the best time to grind was, players would only engage with the game during those windows of time. This isn't always the case for spenders though, since we all know to just wait for the holidays.

But schedules of reinforcement require actual reinforcement. The issue I believe a lot of players like me are experiencing is a lack of reinforcement with Gold. I've been short on Gold for my entire mcoc history, most especially the last 4 months that I've been actively playing. If the Gold bottleneck isn't letting up, players aren't being reinforced to believe their experience will change all that much. That makes every month equally predictable. Awesome new quest? Bet I won't be able to use any of the rewards. New Featured just dropped? Can't wait to leave Silk at rank 1 level 1 for the next few weeks. Should I grind BGs for the shards and catalysts, entirely believing I won't be able to use them yet again? Probably not. The less players are reinforced, the less players can really feel engaged.
    The real issue is at the bottom of this whole debate is that people that claim there's gold shortage think they should be able rank any and every champ as soon as they get them
    I have a Gold shortage and I don't think I should be able to rank any and every champ as soon as I get them. Again, that's just assuming and dismissive.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

It would be harder to understand the perspective of a newer account except for alts. Many people here (myself included) have at least one alt account. Because of that, I have the perspective of both an older account that's made it to paragon and a newer account that's progressing.
    If your alt is really recent, I have to wonder how competitive your alt can be and how well it can keep up. That kind of information can be important to the conversation, but just saying you have an alt and therefore you understand really doesn't address any of the nuance here.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I will say Arena's need a revamp and better rewards and more access to gold will be nice but it's not like we have 0 gold rn, just don't spent it all the second you get it lol, save it for multi uses
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

The real issue is at the bottom of this whole debate is that people that claim there's gold shortage think they should be able rank any and every champ as soon as they get them
    I have a Gold shortage and I don't think I should be able to rank any and every champ as soon as I get them. Again, that's just assuming and dismissive.
    Then you don't have a gold shortage.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

I really don't see how you can make statements like that while still claiming to not be dismissive. You're going wildly to either extreme. Either I'm doing the right thing and I don't have a problem or I'm doing the wrong thing and I do have a problem. The idea of a gold shortage exists because there are obvious cases of players doing the right thing and still having a problem. If you can't understand that idea without generalizing the entire opposing side of your argument, especially using past threads made during different times and by different people, the argument will just go in circles. Nobody can disprove or outreason the argument that some players are too entitled, that's just a blanket statement.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Wozzle007 said:

You can’t expect to build a roster to compete with a 6. Year old account in 6months.
    That depends on your definition of "compete"

I think I can compete with a deck of a few rank 5's and 7*s, plus loaded with rank 4's by just having a few rank 4's and a handful of rank 3's in my deck. Players can absolutely expect to compete, that's why the game bottlenecks T6CC from higher level accounts. They want to allow new players to compete, and they can do that without allowing new players to have everything a 6 year account has.

As I said previously, I don't think players targeting T6CC have any sort of unintentional gold shortage. That includes new accounts that try to rush their way to the second highest rank currently available. I don't think players taking champions to rank 2 in order to address the importance of roster diversity should have the same bottleneck, especially not when it completely shuts down all reasoning to complete content.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

It would be harder to understand the perspective of a newer account except for alts. Many people here (myself included) have at least one alt account. Because of that, I have the perspective of both an older account that's made it to paragon and a newer account that's progressing.
    If your alt is really recent, I have to wonder how competitive your alt can be and how well it can keep up. That kind of information can be important to the conversation, but just saying you have an alt and therefore you understand really doesn't address any of the nuance here.
    I’m not really sure it’s reasonable to think a new account can come in and be competitive with an account that’s been built up over years. At least within the short term. Unless you’re going to spend, there is finite resources in the game to both acquire champions and rank them up. That’s been the same since the game was first introduced. I’m not sure why newer accounts should get a short cut or leg up on being able catch up to long established accounts. Over a period of time they will catch up, as that 6-8 year old account as they probably spent 4 years of it developing a 5* roster, which the new account will only probably spend a few months on. New accounts have luxury of dodging needing to rank up all there 5* as they can rank up the meatier 6 and 7* options, which longer accounts never had the ability to as they weren’t in the game.

But if Kabam makes it easier for a newer accounts to rank up champions so they are competitive with me, what are Kabam going to do for my account so I can be more competitive with with those who have more than I do? I personally don’t expect Kabam to do anything. Realistically if anything I expect the gap to widen come cyber weekend unless I open up my wallet.

The answer to how you catch up with longer established accounts is to play the game more than the accounts you are chasing are currently playing. Or buy deals. If I’m in a race against someone who has a head start and we run at the same pace it’s impossible for me to catch up unless I run faster (play the game more) or get in a car (buy deals). If you think Kabam should help you catch up by providing more gold, what should Kabam do for the person being chased? Why should their account be left stationary and miss out. What’s my incentive to play if every new account can catch up with mine in 6 months? Although with Cyberweekend coming up, they probably can, but then that’s your option if you want it.

I’ll be honest, throughout the thread there’s been a plethora of ways provided in which gold has been shown to be available. I genuinely find it hard to believe that most of these areas are being completed if rank ups are being done in measured way but gold is still an issue. I don’t see how anyone can say they are doing everything in the game to get gold, whilst being realistic with their rank ups and still feel gold is the issue. For me it’s either over ranking up or under playing the game that doesn’t just mean do arena.

And I really hope no one arguing there isn’t enough gold is sitting on any unopened Uncollected gold crystals. There’s about 3m gold for every 100 of them.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

I really don't see how you can make statements like that while still claiming to not be dismissive. You're going wildly to either extreme. Either I'm doing the right thing and I don't have a problem or I'm doing the wrong thing and I do have a problem. The idea of a gold shortage exists because there are obvious cases of players doing the right thing and still having a problem. If you can't understand that idea without generalizing the entire opposing side of your argument, especially using past threads made during different times and by different people, the argument will just go in circles. Nobody can disprove or outreason the argument that some players are too entitled, that's just a blanket statement.
    Just ignore that guy. One of the worst offenders on this forum. Their only goal is to get under people's skin and defend Kabam. Literal meme at this point. There hasn't be a single reasonable suggestion in this thread; all they've got is rude and dismissive responses.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Just ignore that guy. One of the worst offenders on this forum. Their only goal is to get under people's skin and defend Kabam. Literal meme at this point. There hasn't be a single reasonable suggestion in this thread; all they've got is rude and dismissive responses.
    Uh huh. Show me where I've been rude in this thread. Show me where I've been dismissive please. You've don't more to be rude and dismissive than anyone else in this thread.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

But if Kabam makes it easier for a newer accounts to rank up champions so they are competitive with me, what are Kabam going to do for my account so I can be more competitive with with those who have more than I do?
    This is where I'd bring up the difference in different types of bottlenecks. New players being bottlenecked by Gold is important, as that stops players from taking advantage of every other resource currently available and skipping the line. I would argue, and am arguing, that the bottleneck is a fair bit tighter currently than is healthy for the game, but that's a different thing. Large accounts also have a bottleneck. Likely least of all being Gold. As a few have mentioned in this thread, their bottleneck is the availability of T6CC. Kabam allows new players to catch up pretty quickly by making a set amount of resources available, then they widen the gap between these new players and the old players with established rosters by just loosening their bottlenecks, such as by making T6CC more available. Kabam absolutely intends to do something for your account to make up for the quick progressing players.

You also mentioned buying deals, but I personally believe the Gold bottleneck mostly exists to the extent it does to stop whales with new accounts from being able to compete as quickly as they'd like. We very rarely see Gold available for purchase, I believe that's why.
    Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

I don’t see how anyone can say they are doing everything in the game to get gold, whilst being realistic with their rank ups and still feel gold is the issue
    But that's just what a Gold shortage is. You can argue that it might not currently exist, but I'd argue that I'm doing everything I can and still feel gold is an issue.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Having a few champs in the queue to rank up doesn't equate to being a gold shortage. A gold shortage would be there are extremely limited ways to obtain that resource. You don't want to wait to rank up your champions, that's fine. There isn't a gold shortage.

Do I think that champion acquisition is unbalanced especially for newer players who don't understand the game? Yes. Newer players assume since they're getting all these champs so quickly, they should have the gold or cats to take them up immediately. Resource management isn't taught in this game. it's mostly taught here on the forums. Alliances tend to be echo chambers that allow the mentality of things like gold shortages, T1A shortages, T6CC shortages, etc... to continue to exist.

Again, those of us that say we have no gold issues, have valid points. You dismiss them because they aren't solutions YOU want to hear. You don't want to be told that arena is a solution. You don't want to be told that you'll have to pace your rank-ups. You want to be told what you want to hear. You only want people to come to these threads and be like "year, there's a shortage". You want your echo chamber to play to satisfy your bias. You want them to tell you how bad Kabam is with their economy.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Having a few champs in the queue to rank up doesn't equate to being a gold shortage. A gold shortage would be there are extremely limited ways to obtain that resource
    I know it doesn't, which is why that's not my argument in the slightest. A gold shortage would also be, the ways of obtaining gold provide an unreasonably low amount, as is my belief. If the amount of ways to obtain Gold is all that matters, they could throw 1 gold into each source and there still wouldn't be a shortage.

Wozzle007 said:

Again, those of us that say we have no gold issues, have valid points. You dismiss them because they aren't solutions YOU want to hear. You don't want to be told that arena is a solution. You don't want to be told that you'll have to pace your rank-ups. You want to be told what you want to hear. You only want people to come to these threads and be like "year, there's a shortage". You want your echo chamber to play to satisfy your bias. You want them to tell you how bad Kabam is with their economy.
    I haven't dismissed anything that I thought was a genuine attempt at providing a solution. I will continue to dismiss people who try to tell me what I want.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Having a few champs in the queue to rank up doesn't equate to being a gold shortage. A gold shortage would be there are extremely limited ways to obtain that resource
    I know it doesn't, which is why that's not my argument in the slightest. A gold shortage would also be, the ways of obtaining gold provide an unreasonably low amount, as is my belief. If the amount of ways to obtain Gold is all that matters, they could throw 1 gold into each source and there still wouldn't be a shortage.

Wozzle007 said:

I haven't dismissed anything that I thought was a genuine attempt at providing a solution. I will continue to dismiss people who try to tell me what I want.
    What would you view as a fair and reasonable amount of gold would be and how to obtain it?

You keep mention wanting to compete, but really competing at it's core comes down to time/money and skill. The more skill you have, the less time or money you would need, but at the end of the day, those willing to put in the most time or the most money win the competition. What would be a fair way for newer accounts to compete against accounts that have already put in the time?
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

What would you view as a fair and reasonable amount of gold would be and how to obtain it?

You keep mention wanting to compete, but really competing at it's core comes down to time/money and skill. The more skill you have, the less time or money you would need, but at the end of the day, those willing to put in the most time or the most money win the competition. What would be a fair way for newer accounts to compete against accounts that have already put in the time?
    When you dupe a champ, you should get enough gold to rank them 1 level. Paragon level gold crystals should also be available in 22hr events.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

When you dupe a champ, you should get enough gold to rank them 1 level. Paragon level gold crystals should also be available in 22hr events.
    I can agree with you about the paragon gold crystals. I have been saying for a while now that paragons should get paragon versions of crystals if other progressions have it (such as uncollected gold crystals and cav objective crystals)
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

That's crazy talk. Lol
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

What would be a fair way for newer accounts to compete against accounts that have already put in the time?
    Those are good questions, and very difficult to answer. I don't have a set amount of Gold that I believe all players who are struggling to progress should have access to. Unless I had the data of every player currently facing a Gold bottleneck, I can't give a number that would help without being genuinely harmful for the game economy.

As Hippo already mentioned, Gold crystals should scale with progression. I understand why they might be hesitant, but it's really strange to have those few outliers. Aside from that, putting Gold crystals in the BGs store as the second most overpriced material could help. I think making them overpriced would force players to make real decisions about resource management. I haven't had any real reason to buy anything from the BGs store aside from 5* shards when I'm a little short on ISO at the end of a Level Up event. I would be more than happy to dedicate every single Trophy Token to Gold, as I already do with my Glory

Another source could be more Gold from content. Exploring 8.2 gives enough catalysts to take a champion to rank 4, plus a 3-4 gem, plus 2 T5CC crystals and a fully formed T6CC in the form of selectors. It also gives 3 million gold, which isn't even enough to take one champion from rank 1 to 3. Those rewards are amazing, but the content isn't worth doing without Gold. The same goes for all of EoP. My roster is still growing, I have to dedicate resources to ranking the right champions for content. The investment isn't worth the rewards unless there's enough Gold in them. Finishing EoP wouldn't even let me make use of the resources I currently have available.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

That's crazy talk. Lol
    Why is it crazy talk?
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    This ultimately where it comes down to wording. I got paid on Friday, if I spend all money by today on things that could have waited for future pay days and now I’ve ran out of money, do I salary problem or do I have spending problem.

For me, what’s being seen as a gold shortage is pretty much a spending problem. This month Kabam has made 4.4m available across 4 weeks of the incursions event, 3.5m from the side quest stores, 225k per day about 6.8m per month as minimum from the daily solo milestones in gold and golden crystals, Thronebreaker difficulty 2.55m, if you buy the first 3 levels of gold from the Glory store another 1.17m That’s 18.4m in gold this month from just these areas. That doesn’t include gold from any other MEQ difficulty, 7 hour solo event, summoner advancement, summoner engagement, AQ, AW, any act content, any Everest content or even Arena.

So either people aren’t completing the content and not actually earning gold or they don’t understand the important resources management part of the game and have a spending issue.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

For me, what’s being seen as a gold shortage is pretty much a spending problem

And this is where I ask you to take into account how much progressing players actually need to spend to compete. This isn't old MCoC where players only needed to have 5 champions for Everest content, 8 champions for AW (obviously most need more than 8, but 8 is the minimum), 3 for AQ and 5 for general questing. The only mode that really required a diverse roster back then was Back Issues. Now players need at least 30 ranked champions that match the meta every season in order to earn currency for the best store for progression in the entire game. And that's adding on to all of the previous roster requirements.

You can keep calling it a spending problem or saying it's all about player expectations, but my engagement has dropped off a lot due to this bottleneck. I have no reason to spend even an hour a day playing this game just waiting for stores and quests to reset in order to participate in the modes I actually enjoy. If you don't see that as a problem, that's fine, there's no point trying to convince you.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited August 2023

Wozzle007 said:

That is ad hominem falacy (attacking the person and not the reasoning)
    Can you at least consider some stuff they told you or accept theres a lot of ways to get gold in the game even if you dont want to do them? Why is this thread still up?
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

That's crazy talk. Lol
    Why is it crazy talk?
    For one, a R1 6* is 529k gold. You want to get a half million gold for a 6* dupe?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I understand that Bottlenecks will always exist. What I'm worried about is that Kabam is putting such a priority on roster progression, while creating a massive imbalance between resources that only affects certain players, which I believe is unintentional.

If someone has lots of catalysts but no gold to use them, that's a massive imbalance in resources. But if a player has tons of gold, that's just fine because they don't have the same massive imbalance between resources anymore and obviously no shortage
    I'm not referring to player's individual accounts when I mention the imbalance, I'm referring to the volume of resources available. There are lots and lots of catalysts, shards and ISO up for grabs every month and not very much Gold comparatively. At least that's the case for progressing rosters who haven't yet tackled all of the permanent content. Taking into account smaller rosters, players who don't yet understand how Solo Events work, time limitations, I believe the resource economy itself has a massive imbalance, not individual players. If that's a point you're willing to address, I'd enjoy hearing it. I understand that bottlenecks are meant to be there and what they're meant to do, I've explained that multiple times in this thread. If I've been wrong about it before, that would a point worth addressing rather than explaining it to me again.
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

That's crazy talk. Lol
    Why is it crazy talk?
    For one, a R1 6* is 529k gold. You want to get a half million gold for a 6* dupe?
    Sure, what’s wrong with that? Too much? What’s a reasonable amount for a 6* dupe? 1200 gold?
  • Options

Wozzle007 said:

That is ad hominem falacy (attacking the person and not the reasoning)
    Can you at least consider some stuff they told you or accept theres a lot of ways to get gold in the game even if you dont want to do them? Why is this thread still up?
    When you join a thread, it’s a good idea to actually read the responses before wading in. If you had done that, you may have realized that there’s no solution in this thread which I’m not doing.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,704 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

I understand that Bottlenecks will always exist. What I'm worried about is that Kabam is putting such a priority on roster progression, while creating a massive imbalance between resources that only affects certain players, which I believe is unintentional.

If someone has lots of catalysts but no gold to use them, that's a massive imbalance in resources. But if a player has tons of gold, that's just fine because they don't have the same massive imbalance between resources anymore and obviously no shortage
    I'm not referring to player's individual accounts when I mention the imbalance, I'm referring to the volume of resources available. There are lots and lots of catalysts, shards and ISO up for grabs every month and not very much Gold comparatively.
    That's simply objectively not true. If it were true, virtually everyone would have gold issues, because if this was a global limitation, by definition no one can escape such limits. For anyone to have a lot of gold, that gold must actually exist in the game to be acquired in the first place.

You could argue that the gold only exists behind paywalls, but that's also provably false in several ways. First of all, while I do spend I don't tend to spend on the things that would generate a lot of gold, and I've had a lot of gold for almost my entire playing time in MCOC. I haven't always spent. More importantly, the vast majority of MCOC players don't spend cash. Therefore, if gold was globally short in the non-spending game economy, the vast majority of players who do not spend cash would then be subject to that economic limitation and thus the vast majority would have a gold problem. But that's certainly not the case.

I keep posting gold numbers, but the attitude seems to be the numbers don't matter because the problem exists, so it must exist regardless of the numbers. The numbers say the gold is there in the economy to be gotten. The problem therefore lies either with how the players interact with those rewards, or their expectations for how much gold they actually expect to have. Just because two players claim to have a gold problem, doesn't mean it is the same problem. I've seen people complain that because they "need" to rank up lots of champs for Battlegrounds to be competitive, they "need" enough gold to do that, and anything else is a problem.

That's not a game economy problem.