The start of something new or just a occasion?

2»

Comments

• Agent_7Agent_7 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    At least seeing the core basic champs - Avengers, X-Men, etc. - from the early days of the game get even nominal buffs would be a major win for the player community. Surely there’s a way to make it a win for the overall health of the game.

I’m still hoping for hashtag GotG3 OctoGroot. Maybe someday.
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    From collecting dust in game to a brand new shiny champ! Hope they follow this trend, one new champ and one rework until all the characters in the game are balanced. Probably if they face loss ten
    L_217 said:

So basically what you're saying is the tree is next 👀

So then you wanna place bets?

Mad lad
  • LeinadSagravLeinadSagrav Member Posts: 16
    Honestly, I think I prefer this (1 new champ, 1 rework) instead of two new champs

There are soooo many champs in the game now, we need the old and ogs buffed.

Hopefully this month this will prove to be a good option for the future. Very excited for this Iron Man rework
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,385 ★★★★★

We'll have to see. This is the first that we're doing and we're all really excited to see how this plays out, but we have to keep the game's health and success in mind as well.

If this goes well, and we see a Buff perform as well (or at least... comparable to) a new Champion, then we have the potential for more in the future.

And yes, we know that most people have Iron man, and we'll take that into account when looking at the data.

In efforts to keep the game healthy and successful, I suggest having more champions like Hercules get released
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,068 ★★★★★
    Definitely a fun idea, really excited for Iron Man's rework. Poor superior Iron Man needs to be rebranded into “Inferior Iron Man”

It woulda been really cool to see SIM get a little love though in all honesty to go along with this rework only because of how fun it was when Mags and Wags got their simultaneous reworks when they were more or less reskins of each other like SIM and OG IM.

And I only mention this because of the Cyclops and Cap similarities should they be up for similar treatments. Still what a cool move by the team.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    OG Cap please, specially if he gets a reskin like IM did
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★

We'll have to see. This is the first that we're doing and we're all really excited to see how this plays out, but we have to keep the game's health and success in mind as well.

If this goes well, and we see a Buff perform as well (or at least... comparable to) a new Champion, then we have the potential for more in the future.

And yes, we know that most people have Iron man, and we'll take that into account when looking at the data.

OG Iron Man isn’t even in the basic, so when you sell the Paragon crystals you’re going to make bank

Makes me wonder if you’ve redone the rework process so you can utilize champions that are not in the 7* pool just yet

I say this to say I hope future reworks will remain awesome
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

A game with 240 champs doesn’t need to continue releasing 23 per year or whatever. I hope this is a sign of a slight change in philosophy.

They have no problem changing their philosophy as long as it was financially sustainable. We can talk all day about what's ideal for players and the community but if it doesn't keep the lights on at hq, then that's going to negatively affect any future updates/buffs.
    I agree with this, but luckily the introduction of 7*s creates a new pool for reworked classic champions to be marketed into as if they were brand new. This is an excellent way to leverage the opportunity presented by a new rarity of champion, and I really hope it goes over well. I’d be happy to see this become a more common occurrence (maybe every other month or once a quarter?).