Options

should rol be reworked?

TrillibossTrilliboss Posts: 266 ★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
i think they should since the rewards are bad and to get them you have to beat 10 healthpool champions which is kinda bad considering you get only 3 4 stars and 1k xp so i think they should actually rework it and make it more reasonable to clear rol

Comments

• Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    No
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    NO!! ROL is the perfect testing ground. If you want a new piece of content like that, ask for a new quest
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 160 ★★
    Already have Carina challeges for extra rewards and difficulty so... No
  • Options
    Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Welcome to Mcoc. But seriously, RoL is like the perfect testing ground for champions, nobody wants it reworked.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    Nah. If you want to play a reworked ROL, go do the BrutalDLX challenge.

The value of ROL changed long ago from a piece of content that you complete in a hunt for resources to a piece of content that's great for testing new champions in. When I got my 7* Vox, I tested him out a bunch in ROL since it covers a decent number of challenges for champions to overcome (not least the Wolverine fight which can be just as gnarly with an r5 6* champion today as he was back in the day when you went in with 4 and 5*s, if you can't outdamage or otherwise deal with the regen).

There are a lot of content in the game with static rewards, and none of them need to have those rewards reworked. What we need is new content with better rewards. What would be the point of reworking ROL's rewards? If that happened, would people who completed it years ago automatically get them? Or would they have to run through ROL again? That's not a huge ask if the rewards were good enough, but what happens if Abyss gets the same update to its rewards? That's not a piece of content that you can quickly rush through, even if you have the optimal champions for it.

What I did enjoy, however, were the Carina's Challenges that made you venture into ROL again with very specific 3* champions. Those challenges were really fun and did reward you well for beating that quest. That's as close to a rewards buff as it's going to get, and that's quite enough in my opinion.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    If there is one thing that Kabam could do that would Piss the Community off near the most it’s been, it is probably changing Realm of Legends.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Beating it the first time is a right of passage. I did it with a 3* Star Lord and it made me much better at the game. They were actually going to remove it when they released LOL but players wanted it to stay so they left it. It most certainly does not need a rework. As for the rewards, my Diablo can literally clear the whole thing on autofight with the right synergy team lol. The rewards are fine.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    No, burn this
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,236 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Take my agree
  • Options
    Rick_1Rick_1 Posts: 62
    I think a buff to the completion rewards to bring them up to date is a good idea.
    Too much of the content that challenged earlier players has become pointless to do in regards to the rewards. Some better rewards might inspire newer players to push their skills and problem solving a bit further which will help them in the long run.
    As far as the content in Rol itself I think it’s spot on.
  • Options

• Options
    Ok
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 444 ★★★
    No.
  • Options
    Raiden01Raiden01 Posts: 65
    Nope. It's not geared towards giving you great rewards. There's eop, gauntlet for that.

It's more of a badge of honour kind of a thing.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,072 ★★★
    No
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,340 ★★★★★
    Don't bump rewards. At least make higher level of potions available in it. Lvk 3 potions make no sense, at least to me, with r4 6 stars and r1 7 stars
  • Options
    Raiden01 said:

Nope. It's not geared towards giving you great rewards. There's eop, gauntlet for that.

It was a badge of honour thing and a way to get materials to rank 4 4* back in the day. In doing so it also taught skills which helped on your path to uncollected.
    My reason to agree with a slight rewards buff was to motivate newer players to take on the challenge of rol and up their skills rather than steamrolling acts 1-4 with 5*+ then getting stuck at act5 due to lack of any basic skills.
    Certainly wasn’t thinking the rewards should be buffed to eop/gauntlet levels.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,561 ★★★★★
    They dont change rol because there for endgame content at the time buffing rewards be pretty terrible as the amount already done it, also main reason it dont get buffed like story is they make new Everest content which the 4th instalment is being made i believe
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,010 ★★★★
    They should release a ROL 2.0.
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Rick_1 said:

Raiden01 said:

It was a badge of honour thing and a way to get materials to rank 4 4* back in the day. In doing so it also taught skills which helped on your path to uncollected.
    My reason to agree with a slight rewards buff was to motivate newer players to take on the challenge of rol and up their skills rather than steamrolling acts 1-4 with 5*+ then getting stuck at act5 due to lack of any basic skills.
    Certainly wasn’t thinking the rewards should be buffed to eop/gauntlet levels.
    They won’t get stuck at act 5 either, since it was absolutely nerfed to the ground
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 462 ★★★
    No, but i would like to see an AI adjustment so it's more in line with the newer quests. It's good for testing damage output but the weird AI throws off rotation practice