**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ascension - trick or treat

Ascension is a treat either way but one might have to be careful of when they ascend?

Does ascension work by adding 20% on top of base stats as a one time increase or overall? For example, if i ascend a r4 6*, when i do r5 will the ascension apply to the new base stats. Or, does it pay off more to r5 first then ascend? Anybody know?

For the math ppl what im saying is
Is it, for example r4 has 10000 health (for easy computing) - ascend adds 20% or 2000 for a total of 12000. R5 then adds 5000 for a total of 17000.
Or is it base stats *20% so r4 is 10000 ascend is 12000. Then rank 5 is 15000 base and ascension reapplies to r5 adds 20* of 15000 to give 18000.
Every 10000 health can lose you 1000 health if ascending only adds to the existing base stats.

Comments

• Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Shivacrux said:

I thought ascension is only for maxed out champs

It is
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,411 ★★★★★

Ascension is a treat either way but one might have to be careful of when they ascend?

Does ascension work by adding 20% on top of base stats as a one time increase or overall? For example, if i ascend a r4 6*, when i do r5 will the ascension apply to the new base stats. Or, does it pay off more to r5 first then ascend? Anybody know?

Is it, for example r4 has 10000 health (for easy computing) - ascend adds 20% or 2000 for a total of 12000. R5 then adds 5000 for a total of 17000.
    Or is it base stats *20% so r4 is 10000 ascend is 12000. Then rank 5 is 15000 base and ascension reapplies to r5 adds 20* of 15000 to give 18000.
    Every 10000 health can lose you 1000 health if ascending only adds to the existing base stats.

The stats stay the same so a r5 ascended will be same as if u ascend a r4 then r5
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★

No any rank can be ascended

Shes r4 btw

Edit: more evidence

Oh cool thanks for the info!
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I ascended AntMan and Wasp, 200 more t1 primordial dust to ascend Cassie and YJ.
    Maybe more t1 next month for Ghost and Fantman

• Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 634 ★★★

I ascended AntMan and Wasp, 200 more t1 primordial dust to ascend Cassie and YJ.

Kang is looking for you
  • Options
    Bendy said:

The stats stay the same so a r5 ascended will be same as if u ascend a r4 then r5
    Is there something concrete saying that? Not saying you are wrong, but all it says is health and attack + 22%. My problem with this is that ascension seems like a one time boost, not an item that boosts by 20%. Im just scared to ascend my kitty r4 if its gonna hurt me in the long run 😭
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

Kang is looking for you
    now you remind me to add Kang on my 5star ascension list, thanks

anyway apologies for crashing on someone's post. peace
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I ascended my Sig 200 Doom. I figure it will be a while before I pull him, Rank him, and Sig him that high.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Pretty cool seeing him there though.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Is there something concrete saying that? Not saying you are wrong, but all it says is health and attack + 22%. My problem with this is that ascension seems like a one time boost, not an item that boosts by 20%. Im just scared to ascend my kitty r4 if its gonna hurt me in the long run 😭
    R5 as shown in vid was a 22% increase and so is a r4 so yes its the same stat increase all around no matter the rank
  • Options

Bendy said:

Kabam wouldn't design ascension that way. Also they showed a graph on the livestream that shows the stats of champions when they're ascended at each rank. You can ascend a r1 and once they're r5, it'll be the same as if you ascended them at r5
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Bendy said:

Kabam wouldn't design ascension that way. Also they showed a graph on the livestream that shows the stats of champions when they're ascended at each rank. You can ascend a r1 and once they're r5, it'll be the same as if you ascended them at r5
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

R5 as shown in vid was a 22% increase and so is a r4 so yes its the same stat increase all around no matter the rank
    TYSM GUYS, LIFESAVERS! I missed the livestream so i missed out on that.
  • Options

Damn bro, how so fast 😭. I ascended my herc since i dont have a 6*. Might ascend quake next. Gonna ascend 6* kitty at the end of the event since we get enough for one 6* ascension. But congrats man, great choices, something tells me you like the antman movies/comics.
  • Options

@SHIELD4AGENT Appreciate the commitment to the theme, super cool
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★

Damn bro, how so fast 😭. I ascended my herc since i dont have a 6*. Might ascend quake next. Gonna ascend 6* kitty at the end of the event since we get enough for one 6* ascension. But congrats man, great choices, something tells me you like the antman movies/comics.
    We get an 50 additional dust from one of the monthly objectives.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the info! Was going to ask the exact same question, y’all are lifesavers
  • Options

Is there something concrete saying that? Not saying you are wrong, but all it says is health and attack + 22%. My problem with this is that ascension seems like a one time boost, not an item that boosts by 20%.

To give a similar scenario, seems like you would be wondering…
    What happens if you apply a 20% Green Combo Boost, and *then* go and rank up someone while on a Combo Boost ?

Using your example, if your 10,000 HP champ becomes 12,000 HP on the 20% Green Combo Boost.
    And then rank/level them up, to where their base health stats would then be 15,000.
    Are you suggesting that their HP while still on that same Combo Boost would only be 17,000, as opposed to being 18,000 ??

(I can not say for sure that it would be 18,000. But I would place a bet that would be the case.)
  • Options
    ElegionElegion Posts: 21
    can someone confirm for these current events the total tier 2 ascension dust we will get to ascend a 6star champ is 180 not 200? im all about done getting all of it, and it seems that 180 is the most we can get for this event?
  • Options
    Elegion said:

can someone confirm for these current events the total tier 2 ascension dust we will get to ascend a 6star champ is 180 not 200? im all about done getting all of it, and it seems that 180 is the most we can get for this event?

Theres another 20 in the event its 200