**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ascension: So, you thought going with Magik/Quake was boring...

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Who'd you do first?

Sometimes you just have to choose your favourite, because it's fun.

Anyone else out there doing the same?

Comments

• Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I didn't ascend my 5 star (haven't done any yet) but I am taking my 6 star to r3 in hopes of one day finally getting blade.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I did with Ant-Man and The Wasp
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I ascended my 5-Star Weapon X!

I am happy with my choice. Felt like it would be unlikely to get a 6-Star any time soon, and he's a wicked defender that clutches me a lot of wins! Plus, he's basically wearing shorts.

I'm pleased.

Rank who you like!

Nice one, Jax!
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    The best Ghost Rider is not even in the game
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

The best Ghost Rider is not even in the game

If you are talking about the wolverine one....
  • Options
    JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    Maybe he means the Deadpool one. It's in Marvel Puzzle Quest.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Plus, he's basically wearing shorts.
    !

Hehe
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I usually go the route of rarity first, but this time I used it on a Sig 200 Doom. I figured it will be a while before I pull the 6*, Awaken him, and get the Sig up that high.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Rank who you like!

Cool.
    I like Quake and Magic.
  • Options
    AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Posts: 132
    I ascended my 5* Herc. Not fortunate enough to own a 6*... Plus I'm saving resources for my first rank 5 6*.. It will be Doom B)
  • Options
    NescioNescio Posts: 86 ★★
    I ascended my 5* Tigra. For no other reason than I wanted Tigra to be my strongest 5* champion to go with my maxed 6* Tigra who I will ascend in the future as well.
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 533 ★★★
    I have been unable to pull a 6* magneto, so I ascended my 5*. Trying to do decide who else I should ascend.
  • Options
    Spidermanz1987Spidermanz1987 Posts: 10
    edited September 2023
    @Kabam Jax could you please confirm - i am hearing things from alliance members and on Reddit forums that if you ascend say a 5* R4 before taking them to 5* R5, their increase from ascension would be less than if you rank them first?

I find this hard to believe as i would expect the increase value from ascension to be added to their base stats not a 1 time modification...so regardless of whether they are R4 or R5, it will increase by the same %, so if they are at R4 their base stats will go up 20%...then when ranked to R5, their base stats will still increase by 20%?
  • Options
    P.s. Magik and now OG Deadpool ascended booooooom
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,156 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I did my favorite champ in the whole game stark Spidey since I have yet to pull him as a 6* but I now technically do... Until I pull the 6* who will be ascended also... But I'm very happy.
    I also did herc so I could do eop at some point.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    I figured it will be a while before I awaken Aegon as a 6* so I did the 5* just to help with Labyrinth exploration if I'm ever bored.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,978 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I am happy with my choice. Felt like it would be unlikely to get a 6-Star any time soon, and he's a wicked defender that clutches me a lot of wins! Plus, he's basically wearing shorts.

I'm pleased.

Rank who you like!

I thought those were pajamas
  • Options
    ZavmanZavman Posts: 32
    edited September 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

I'm pleased.

Rank who you like!

I’m with you Jax! I ascended 5* Magik full sig and Weapon X full sig! I don’t regret it one bit! Next will be 5* Quake! Everyone else will most likely be in 7* pool or already in 6* pool. Lol
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    @Kabam Jax how in the [exciting word] do you have a Weapon X??
  • Options
    ZavmanZavman Posts: 32

@Kabam Jax could you please confirm - i am hearing things from alliance members and on Reddit forums that if you ascend say a 5* R4 before taking them to 5* R5, their increase from ascension would be less than if you rank them first?

I find this hard to believe as i would expect the increase value from ascension to be added to their base stats not a 1 time modification...so regardless of whether they are R4 or R5, it will increase by the same %, so if they are at R4 their base stats will go up 20%...then when ranked to R5, their base stats will still increase by 20%?

I’m 100% sure you can’t Ascend champions unless they are max rank and level so ascending a 5* Rank 4 is not possible.
  • Options
    Zavman said:

I’m 100% sure you can’t Ascend champions unless they are max rank and level so ascending a 5* Rank 4 is not possible.
    False. Any rank can be ascended.
  • Options

I could ascend my R4 red guardian right now. (Hint: not doing it)