**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon gauntlet request

2»

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As with most things in the contest, I encourage you to wait for it to actually release and play it before forming too many opinions.

It does not seem likely we will reduce the barrier to entry. The design is very intentional. Keep in mind that a portion of the rewards in the Para-gauntlet are being moved in from the Paragon Objective to explore TB difficulty.

Of course, as always, the team will be evaluating internal statistics to see if the new feature is achieving the goals they set out for it.

I think it’s a great idea and I’m excited for the rewards. With that said, it’s just a really tough pill to swallow that so much is locked behind TB EQ completion when that’s the only realistic way to get EQ completion rewards in the 22-hour event. I would need at least 5 runs of cavalier chapter 3 to get rank rewards. This means when TB EQ is done, I’m losing out on the units and revives for the rest of the month, more or less.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As with most things in the contest, I encourage you to wait for it to actually release and play it before forming too many opinions.

It does not seem likely we will reduce the barrier to entry. The design is very intentional. Keep in mind that a portion of the rewards in the Para-gauntlet are being moved in from the Paragon Objective to explore TB difficulty.

Of course, as always, the team will be evaluating internal statistics to see if the new feature is achieving the goals they set out for it.

Thanks jax for the reply! But honestly if you could convey this message to the team it would be great! As mentioned one of the main issues is most players do the quest during the event quest objective and that means one must rush in the very end. Other EQ being quite a long task which i was just informed is also getting a rework. So lets see how that works out.
    You have 28 days to explore and they even removed some paths this month from my understanding. If you did just one path per day you should have more than enough time to explore and do paragon’s gauntlet. You don’t have to do everything on day one.
    Theyre talking about the 22h event quest completion, if you do 1 path a day, you set yourself up to miss out on units and revives. Which is why the requirement for full exploration seems a bit tumultuous
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thanks jax for the reply! But honestly if you could convey this message to the team it would be great! As mentioned one of the main issues is most players do the quest during the event quest objective and that means one must rush in the very end. Other EQ being quite a long task which i was just informed is also getting a rework. So lets see how that works out.
    You have 28 days to explore and they even removed some paths this month from my understanding. If you did just one path per day you should have more than enough time to explore and do paragon’s gauntlet. You don’t have to do everything on day one.
    I don’t do things on day 1 that’s why i made this post😂 read the thread again
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Theyre talking about the 22h event quest completion, if you do 1 path a day, you set yourself up to miss out on units and revives. Which is why the requirement for full exploration seems a bit tumultuous
    Yup precisely
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 408 ★★★
    I am someone who likely want to do fixed amount of tb eq paths during event completion solo event evey month to maximise points
    So I will be probably doing gauntlet in the last week or even the last day lol
    So i do agree with the post
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★

No. If you want the rewards, just do the super easy TB 100%.

Make it sound as though it's a 2 minute thing to do 😆. I want the rewards but I accept that I can't get them due to not having the time to explore EQ, that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on this new layout, same goes everyone else who has something to say about it.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Make it sound as though it's a 2 minute thing to do 😆. I want the rewards but I accept that I can't get them due to not having the time to explore EQ, that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on this new layout, same goes everyone else who has something to say about it.
    I didn't explore it last month but it takes significantly less time now. Just got it done.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I mean waiting for the content to drop and testing it out isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference for this particular thing, it's night and day, explore EQ, (which is rather time consuming) in order to access the gauntlet. There is nothing more to it than that 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I mean waiting for the content to drop and testing it out isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference for this particular thing, it's night and day, explore EQ, (which is rather time consuming) in order to access the gauntlet. There is nothing more to it than that 🤷‍♂️.
    There are legitimate complaints and then people just crying because they want to put in zero effort. Time consuming? There are only 24 paths now. A path takes 10 minutes. If you don't have 10 minutes a day to play this game I'm not sure this is the game for you.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    The entry requirement should absolutely be changed. Most people save the Thronebreaker EQ difficulty for when the Event quest completion is active, in order to score points there. This would essentially mean that we would only be able to unlock the gauntlet near end the event
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★

The entry requirement should absolutely be changed. Most people save the Thronebreaker EQ difficulty for when the Event quest completion is active, in order to score points there. This would essentially mean that we would only be able to unlock the gauntlet near end the event

Theres been several threads on having the 22h event quest give more points to compensate for this but no response from Kabam on the matter yet. Hopefully we get one soon.

But honestly, the easier fix is to just make the paragon gauntlet unlocked after completion of EQ like the original post. What if some are close to their next 7*? They’d want to grind it out as soon as possible
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

And that is exactly why it won't be changed. They want players to keep coming back and have things to look forward to. Letting players have access to the gauntlet on completion is counterintuitive to this idea
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

And that is exactly why it won't be changed. They want players to keep coming back and have things to look forward to. Letting players have access to the gauntlet on completion is counterintuitive to this idea
    Players are still login in daily to spend energy, as well as saving the last chapter of TB difficulty for the event quest completion ...

That argument can't be used as an excuse. Otherwise they would had lock it for the last week of the event, not make it possible for players to spam refils to reach there day 1
  • Options

Mackey said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

There are legitimate complaints and then people just crying because they want to put in zero effort. Time consuming? There are only 24 paths now. A path takes 10 minutes. If you don't have 10 minutes a day to play this game I'm not sure this is the game for you.
    I don't want to put in zero effort, you're clearly putting words in my mouth, I won't be doing the EQ just like I haven't for well over a year purely because I do not have the time to do it, I'm not complaining and I'm certainly not crying lmao I'm merely saying that what he said about waiting for the content to drop before passing comments is not applicable, it's as clear as day, explore EQ (not a 30 minute thing) then and only then will you get access to the quest. Am I annoyed I won't vet to play it? Sure a little bit but I'll miss out on the rewards because I don't the time to invest to get them.

Have a nice day 🫡
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
    For everyone complaining that "this is going to mess up Event Quest 22 hour Event": How? You still get points for doing paths you've already done, and you only need a couple runs to get the units for the event. Would it be nice to do exploration at the same time instead of rerunning stuff? Absolutely. But it's not like exploring it first hinders your ability to do it at all.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

For everyone complaining that "this is going to mess up Event Quest 22 hour Event": How? You still get points for doing paths you've already done, and you only need a couple runs to get the units for the event. Would it be nice to do exploration at the same time instead of rerunning stuff? Absolutely. But it's not like exploring it first hinders your ability to do it at all.

They’ve stripped something like 53,000 points worth of completion from just TB EQ. That, combined with a major reward incentive to complete content more quickly, means that far fewer people will hit level 3/4/5 rewards in EQ completion over the second half of the month.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,199 ★★★★

There is no doubt I missed this but what are the Paragon Gauntlet Rewards?

Anyone knows?
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★

“Most people”? Where did you get that from? The essence of this game is you do what you want, at your own pace. If you want to space out doing an entire difficulty over the course of the month, that’s up to you. If the ParaGauntlet was open to completion, that it would expedite the roster progression of newer Paragon players because of direct access to more r4 6* materials.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Siliyo said:

“Most people”? Where did you get that from? The essence of this game is you do what you want, at your own pace. If you want to space out doing an entire difficulty over the course of the month, that’s up to you. If the ParaGauntlet was open to completion, that it would expedite the roster progression of newer Paragon players because of direct access to more r4 6* materials.
    Mcoc players learn what patience is challenge: level impossible
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★

I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or not lol
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    edited September 2023

There is no doubt I missed this but what are the Paragon Gauntlet Rewards?

Anyone knows?
    2 million gold, 1 T3 Alpha, 1 T6 Basic, 3k 7* shards, 2 25% T6 CC Crystals, 1500 6* Relic shards and a Celestial Alloy.

@CropDuster