Champions with "Charges" are so overdone at this point.

AdokAdok Member Posts: 283 ★★
I don't know if it's just me or not, but I feel as though almost every champion in the past few years has followed the core mechanic of building up some arbitrary number or charge to a certain number and then just using them all for a powerful mode or Special 2. It honestly feels so overdone and lazy at this point that it makes a lot of champs lose their individuality in my opinion. Not sure if this is just something that I feel or what.

Comments

• manveertherealmanveerthereal Member Posts: 1,363 ★★★
    Ok
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,028 ★★★★★
    Mhmmmmmm, smalls like someone Can't keep up with Adam Warlock buff charges.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’d say that in some way you are correct, a lot of damage dealers have their damage in the SP2 but how would you prefer that their damage loops would work?

Most champions have some kind of ‘mission’ to fulfil to unlock a piece of their utility or damage. Some need to intercept, others like Herc or Sunspot need to use their sp1. Realistically there’s probably only 4 ways that a big damage number can be achieved- Sp1-3 or a heavy detonation like Hood. I think that sp1s are avoided as being a main damage source because it’s so fast and players complain about being stuck in the sp3 video loop.

There’s only so many things that can be done to be fair but if you have genuine alternative suggestions to the current ways, air your suggestions, otherwise all this achieves, rightly or wrongly, is grumbling.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Charge it to the game
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    What's with all the really odd, garbage takes on every aspect of the game lately? Too many female champs, aw is too hard, too many charge champs, etc etc.