Just pulled the worst 7 star in the entire game

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★

Not a single champ from the basic , titan, incursions, loyalty or even the 7* selector pool we had recently is as bad as this guy.

Those that got him, how hard was it convincing yourself not to quit the game?

Comments

• DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,652 ★★★★★
    He's not bad he just has a pretty slow ramp up, hopefully the buff fixes that
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Slightly unrelated, but why this huge switchup? He was never a top tier champ, but people nowadays act like he's completely bottom of the barrel but when he released I remember people really liking him

Personally I'd much rather pull VtD as opposed to someone like Mordo, Mysterio, Terrax
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    I don't why people disagreeing with the OP here, can someone name me a worse 7* than VTD? Cuz I can't see anything worse than a ramp up champ with RNG in his ramp up and absolutely not worth it reward compared to the hassle of ramping him up, anything he does there's ton of better option to use
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I think your screenshot is worse...
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Member Posts: 474 ★★★

I don't why people disagreeing with the OP here, can someone name me a worse 7* than VTD? Cuz I can't see anything worse than a ramp up champ with RNG in his ramp up and absolutely not worth it reward compared to the hassle of ramping him up, anything he does there's ton of better option to use

I'll play and just to be clear, this is by no means a statement on the following champs being bad, just that i would rather have VtD over them:

Korg (Duped or unduped, he's just a defender)

Silver Surfer (has good damage but has a ramp required for each fight instead of persistent like VtD)

Sauron (has some immunities, just a bit lackluster to play offensively)

War Machine (has good damage potential but takes a bit and he's mainly a prefight champ)

Wong (decent all around champ just not super useful when other champs do things better)
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I literally did RoL with 4* VtD almost 5 years ago, 2 fights to rump up, then third and fourth fight are just easy peesy lemon squizy. People that say its bad or even "not that bad" didnt play him that much, he literally has high damage and sustain
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★

Slightly unrelated, but why this huge switchup? He was never a top tier champ, but people nowadays act like he's completely bottom of the barrel but when he released I remember people really liking him

Personally I'd much rather pull VtD as opposed to someone like Mordo, Mysterio, Terrax

I think it's because of the game modes.

VTD is actually an AQ beast. AQ paths are long enough to let you get fully ramped and customized, the health pools are big nice enough that you actually saw some good bleed/degen damage. He can regen to full if you mess up. It's like his perfect playground, AQ and possibly Incursions.

Event/Story quests - have too few fights for him to properly ramp.
    BGs - he can be very effective but once again - makes his long-term ramp and customization meaningless.
    AW - Risky to bring him in instead of someone else. No immunities, requires RNG for customization. Drawing fights out to get the nodes you want open more possibilities for mistakes and losses.

He's a great champion. More than that he's a fun champion! But when half the content makes a large impactful part of his kit less effective, people will use better options.
    Yeah makes sense! I guess the shift from Story content being random lengths in terms of defenders to always being 6 + boss also didn't help this. Seeing as it'll be rare to have the nodes properly allign for VtD and also have the matchups of defenders be favorable enough to ramp up on

And I'll 100% agree on your last point, he's incredibly fun, I remember always having a good time when using him as a 5*!
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,424 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Vtd is pretty decent already and he's confirmed to be getting a buff soon. Just be glad they didn't add groot in there yet.

Oooo, really, a buff? Exciting. I like VTD but admit when you get bad buff offerings, he can stink.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 786 ★★★★
    I don’t think venom the duck is a bad champ, he’s more so outdated and the current state of the game that focuses on single fights like battlegrounds or shorter content, he just isn’t that great. The new incursions will let him shine more, but I’d love a buff that makes him viable in BG or AW
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
    People saying that there’s an impending VTD buff - are there any other champs that were also mentioned as being buffed “some time soon”? I must have missed something. Thanks!
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    Bad news first You did indeed pull the worst 7 star in the pool
    I only have 6 seven stars and my VtD is duped so I feel you

Good news he is getting buffed so we can both feel better together
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    When we open a 7* crystal, none of us are wishing for VtD. If you pull him as one of your first 7-stars (or god forbid, your first 🙋‍♂️) you basically have two options: A) bemoan your bad luck at pulling one of the least-wanted champs in the pool, or B ) figure out what he can do and have fun with that. You can also do A for as long as you want, then get around to B when you feel ready. As others have pointed out, he can be fun to ramp up in AQ, especially if you run deep wounds.

I wish OP better luck in future openings.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★

People saying that there’s an impending VTD buff - are there any other champs that were also mentioned as being buffed “some time soon”? I must have missed something. Thanks!

Only other one we know about is black panther civil war but he was announced almost a year ago. Must be iron man treatment style rework
  • DrenlinDrenlin Member Posts: 787 ★★★
    He’s too RNG dependent. When it works in your favor he can be great stacking multiple furies,regents, and power gains to hit hard and be sustainable. But when it doesn’t you can be limited not wanting to throw any specials or heavies for fear of banking terrible buffs
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 783 ★★★
    RakeYoung said:

i feel like folks havent read VtD's abilities, he is far from useless, i think and please someone correct me if i'm wrong, he's the only champ in the game that can apply a degen if they are immune to bleeds, the degen is a little lower in damage, but still constant source of damage, run VtD with deep wounds and they just melt.

he's obviously not top tier, but he can get you thru some long quests, preferably AQ but still viable for EQ/Questing.

Venompool vs robots, expands to all with a synergy
    Longshot with a synergy
    Gorr, for any of his debuffs, just not when hitting into block, and degen does more damage vs robots.

Just off the top of my head
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Member Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I have him duped. I used him for a deep incursions run.

Honestly he is not that bad especially if you take a little time the first fight to get the buffs you like. He does have a synergy where he can change buffs with a light attack.

He is not the worse 7* though, especially when going against armor ups champs he does great.

Also I think Korg is the worst champ in the pool, followed by Wong, who is followed by Sauron , who is followed by VTD.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Also I think Korg is the worst champ in the pool, followed by Wong, who is followed by Sauron , who is followed by VTD.

I'll argue until I'm blue in the face about Wong - he's only so low on people's minds because of the champion release pacing. Wiccan was released almost immediately afterwards and overshadowed Wong right away. Then Kabam did Wong absolutely no favours by including both in the 7* pool.

Kabam did Wong dirty both times.

I love Wiccan, but he made people almost immediately discredit Wong and I'll never forgive him for it.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    He is useless for war bgs and boring in aq(aq itself is boring actually u all know). In questing, he lacks both, damage and utility. He is all about rng. U want Fury, he gains bulwark, u want power gain, he gains Armor, u want precision, he gains regen. Hence u never feel satisfied while playing him
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Texas_11 said:

I'll argue until I'm blue in the face about Wong - he's only so low on people's minds because of the champion release pacing. Wiccan was released almost immediately afterwards and overshadowed Wong right away. Then Kabam did Wong absolutely no favours by including both in the 7* pool.

Kabam did Wong dirty both times.

I love Wiccan, but he made people almost immediately discredit Wong and I'll never forgive him for it.
    I think Neutralize really is what makes a Mystic stand out now that Kabam is giving champions nullify immunity left and right. Couple that with the fact that Wong doesn't really do Mystic things (he only has specific buff control from his Dupe, and Fate Seal that you have to get to SP3 to use), makes it really hard to categorize Wong.

Even if you focus on damage focused Mystics, the newly buffed Juggernaut and America Chavez take a lot of focus off of Wong as well.