Options

Thoughts on IDoom Vs Doom

This is a post just for fun & to see others opinions. I do enjoy playing IDoom, but I don't think anyone would really deny he is not on OG Doom level. That being said, of course I wouldn't expect Kabam to have make him as OP like the original. I feel 3 things would improve him as a top tech champ (no I'm not asking for him to be buff, this is just my thoughts for fun).

1. Increase his "Aura of Iron" -a lot of the times when playing him I feel his Aura isn't up enough to where you're constantly watching it.
2. Buffs turned Passive -If any of his personal buffs are removed they are replaced by a passive. I understand they wanted a way to shut him down, but they could allow him to have a way to bypass mystics. A lot of techs already have a way to counter mystics and armor brakes with other ways to stop healing would work still.
3. Counter Spell -I feel they should have tapped into the mystic side of the character like they have done with other characters and their respected 2nd classes. This is an old mechanic but I think it would fit in perfectly with him. Only Dr. Strange has this & honestly he is a counter to a lot of champs, but with the lack of damage no one thinks of him as such really.

Comments

• Options
    flapjax said:

Personally I've always found iDooms biggest weakness was that he was a shock dealing Tech champ.

In any match up you can use Doom or iDoom, Doom is likely going to be the much better choice. Buff control, better power control, safer rotation etc.

In almost every situation you would want to use iDoom over Doom, Nimrod is likely a better choice. There's literally 1 fight iDoom does better than Nimrod (Bishop) which feels like too niche of a use to justify him.

I think if he either delt Plasma damage, or had something like Wiccan where his shocks became degens if they were immune, we'd seem him less hated on.

I find iron doom better in war than nimrod simply because of his immunities. There are very few defenders on node 22 I wouldn't use Iron Doom on. He is also one of my favorite korg counters when you use his synergy with Peni.

Both Doom and Iron Doom have their uses, but I always find it more fun to use Iron doom.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,566 ★★★★
    It would have been nice for iDooms SP3 to apply a small 1.5sec stun that would be very helpful
  • Options
    lqd1lqd1 Posts: 55
    Bulmkt said:

It would have been nice for iDooms SP3 to apply a small 1.5sec stun that would be very helpful

Agreed it would help
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★
    Pikolu said:

flapjax said:

Personally I've always found iDooms biggest weakness was that he was a shock dealing Tech champ.

In any match up you can use Doom or iDoom, Doom is likely going to be the much better choice. Buff control, better power control, safer rotation etc.

In almost every situation you would want to use iDoom over Doom, Nimrod is likely a better choice. There's literally 1 fight iDoom does better than Nimrod (Bishop) which feels like too niche of a use to justify him.

I think if he either delt Plasma damage, or had something like Wiccan where his shocks became degens if they were immune, we'd seem him less hated on.

I find iron doom better in war than nimrod simply because of his immunities. There are very few defenders on node 22 I wouldn't use Iron Doom on. He is also one of my favorite korg counters when you use his synergy with Peni.

Both Doom and Iron Doom have their uses, but I always find it more fun to use Iron doom.
    Is it just me or is idoom banned on every war because of this😅
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 521 ★★★
    flapjax said:

Valid point, just one more exception - idoom has easier access to debuffs namely, shock. It helps on the polka dot power node where Nimrod suffers unless facing a mutant with prowess. It doesnt change your point but i do believe that idoom makea a case as an aw attacker as an alternate to Nimrod because of his immunities, easier access to shock and of course Bishop counter..
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,468 ★★★★★
    iDoom is specifically awesome at a few niche scenarios, Doom is specifically awesome in all scenarios.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,595 ★★★★★
    IDoom’s biggest and silliest weakness is his vulnerability to nullify. It makes very little sense why he didn’t get that immunity but every other tech champ released in the last 2 years with an armor up as a critical part of their kit seems to have it.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

iDoom is specifically awesome at a few niche scenarios, Doom is specifically awesome in all scenarios.

Doom enjoyers when the opponent applies damaging debuffs to them :)
  • Options
    lqd1lqd1 Posts: 55
    edited September 2023
    Ansh_A said:

flapjax said:

Valid point, just one more exception - idoom has easier access to debuffs namely, shock. It helps on the polka dot power node where Nimrod suffers unless facing a mutant with prowess. It doesnt change your point but i do believe that idoom makea a case as an aw attacker as an alternate to Nimrod because of his immunities, easier access to shock and of course Bishop counter..
    He is very niche, if they allowed to turn any buff or even just a few into energy vulnerability highlighting his mystic side it would help in many ways