Options

Just pulled the worst 7 star in the entire game

2»

Comments

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,322 ★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Also I think Korg is the worst champ in the pool, followed by Wong, who is followed by Sauron , who is followed by VTD.

I'll argue until I'm blue in the face about Wong - he's only so low on people's minds because of the champion release pacing. Wiccan was released almost immediately afterwards and overshadowed Wong right away. Then Kabam did Wong absolutely no favours by including both in the 7* pool.

Kabam did Wong dirty both times.

I love Wiccan, but he made people almost immediately discredit Wong and I'll never forgive him for it.
    I think Neutralize really is what makes a Mystic stand out now that Kabam is giving champions nullify immunity left and right. Couple that with the fact that Wong doesn't really do Mystic things (he only has specific buff control from his Dupe, and Fate Seal that you have to get to SP3 to use), makes it really hard to categorize Wong.

Even if you focus on damage focused Mystics, the newly buffed Juggernaut and America Chavez take a lot of focus off of Wong as well.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,328 ★★★★★
    He's good with the carry-over. A bit obsolete without it.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★

Slightly unrelated, but why this huge switchup? He was never a top tier champ, but people nowadays act like he's completely bottom of the barrel but when he released I remember people really liking him

Personally I'd much rather pull VtD as opposed to someone like Mordo, Mysterio, Terrax

Lmao what. Mysterio and the others are way more useful than VTD. I’ve seen 7* Mysterio do some great things in battlegrounds too
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Emilia90 said:

Slightly unrelated, but why this huge switchup? He was never a top tier champ, but people nowadays act like he's completely bottom of the barrel but when he released I remember people really liking him

Personally I'd much rather pull VtD as opposed to someone like Mordo, Mysterio, Terrax

Lmao what. Mysterio and the others are way more useful than VTD. I’ve seen 7* Mysterio do some great things in battlegrounds too
    Still I'd personally rather pull VtD, because the rest I'd never use, wheras I might use VtD just to have some fun or for AQ
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 955 ★★★★
    I’ve tried him but the rng is just not worth the hassle of setting him up. Didn’t rank him up just will be a forgotten champ, you’ll get another 7 star soon enough
  • Options
    He’s not good compared to the rest of the options.

No one is pulling out their VTD unless for boredom.

I took my 7* duped VTD for a test run and it was painful. Just waiting around for a decent buff and get armor or perfect block chance and then waiting even longer.

He has zero practical use outside of map 5 AQ and you know you’re bringing Herc over him every day.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,892 ★★★★★

I took my 7* duped VTD for a test run and it was painful. Just waiting around for a decent buff and get armor or perfect block chance and then waiting even longer.

He has zero practical use outside of map 5 AQ and you know you’re bringing Herc over him every day.

Ok and? What about those people who never pulled a 5 and 6* Hercules and a 7* vtd may be their only option?
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 581 ★★★

Texas_11 said:

Also I think Korg is the worst champ in the pool, followed by Wong, who is followed by Sauron , who is followed by VTD.

I'll argue until I'm blue in the face about Wong - he's only so low on people's minds because of the champion release pacing. Wiccan was released almost immediately afterwards and overshadowed Wong right away. Then Kabam did Wong absolutely no favours by including both in the 7* pool.

Kabam did Wong dirty both times.

I love Wiccan, but he made people almost immediately discredit Wong and I'll never forgive him for it.
    Wong is a lot of fun to play and has incredible survivability once ramped. The biggest issue is his ramp is stressful to build and maintain if you don't have an increased power rate. So unless you are planning to take him to R5, you are going to have a difficult time keeping his stacks up. The 7 star doesn't have that issue because they have their full potential for power rate right out of the box. I just wish either his buff control was easier to access or just better, or that he had some sort of power control, be it burn, steal, drain, whatever.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Ok and? What about those people who never pulled a 5 and 6* Hercules and a 7* vtd may be their only option?
    I’m confident that if someone pulls a 7* VTD, then they have a 5 or 6 star version of Herc, Hulkling, Galan, CGR, Hyperion, etc…
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,839 ★★★★★
    where’d they mention he was getting a buff?
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Buttehrs said:

I’m confident that if someone pulls a 7* VTD, then they have a 5 or 6 star version of Herc, Hulkling, Galan, CGR, Hyperion, etc…
    You'd be wrong then. That's how RNG works. It is absolutely possible to pull a 7* VTD without owning a 5 or 6* of any of those.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,751 ★★★★
    He's definitely not the best champ in the pool, but he isn't the worst either. He's confirmed for a buff, but right now he's still not that bad.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

There are a lot of champions that can replace VtD that aren't top Cosmics. I have a 7* VtD but no 6* Herc, Hulkling or CGR. Angela puts in work and if I somehow didn't have her, I'd use CMM.
  • Options
    MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★
    I love my sig 60 VtD. I just love him so much.

Joking aside, he can end a lot of fights quick. Plus he's a 7* so he's gonna do good damage.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

There are a lot of champions that can replace VtD that aren't top Cosmics. I have a 7* VtD but no 6* Herc, Hulkling or CGR. Angela puts in work and if I somehow didn't have her, I'd use CMM.
    And you just listed an entire 4 or 5 champs out of a class that has over 30 champs. Not a great example.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

And you just listed an entire 4 or 5 champs out of a class that has over 30 champs. Not a great example.
    I'm honestly not entirely sure what your point is. It seems to be that players might want VtD because they don't have any better Cosmic champion, which is not only extremely unlikely, it doesn't make VtD a useful champion.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    For starters, thanks to those that didn’t sugarcoat and know that its a terrible pull. I do map 8 so he’s basically useless for AQ.

And just the whole concept of putting RNG into a rankup for a champ that doesn’t even have that much utility , short lasting buffs, etc it just doesn’t seem worth it.

And to those mentioning he’s on a Buff list, unless they plan on it being a whole rework like iron man, then I wouldn’t get my hopes up. At best he’ll probably just be decent, unless they add new pieces of utility to his kit, instead of just improving the ramp up and RNG factor.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 279 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    The 7s champss do nothing at all for my account so far. I have opened 15 crystals and have three dupes, however, rank 2-ing any of my 7s champs will do nothing for my prestige, and I have better 6s champs ranked already, so absolutly no use - well, outside arena, but milestones are easily reached anyways, so that part doesnt matter either.
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 2023
    There's no point sugar coating, the 7 star pool is genuinely really good. A nice mixture of attackers (sunspot), defenders (korg) and dual threats like shuri and bishop. It's not crazy to say that vtd is the worst character in that pool, it doesn't mean he is a bad champ, just lacklustre compared to the others. I mean he's clunky to play, looks hideous, feels bad cause of the rng, and plus it's not that rewarding in content that's more relevant such as battlegrounds and monthly events. If you're at the point you're getting 7 stars, this guy is not gonna do much for you.
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 506 ★★
    I pulled him and he's not the best but he's not the worst either. I have him in Incursions right now and he's a lot of fun to play with. He wouldn't have been my first choice but I enjoy using him. He does fit my play style though as I tend to like slower, less aggressive champs like Void.

What I have enjoyed about the 7* pool is that there are some really good champs that I never really used before. I pulled and dupped Rocket and pulled Gamora as well. I never used either of them but they do a ton of damage and are interesting to play with.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,328 ★★★★★
    The L2 is nice to have.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

People saying that there’s an impending VTD buff - are there any other champs that were also mentioned as being buffed “some time soon”? I must have missed something. Thanks!

BPCW apparently
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Howard the Duck in the upcoming Loyalty crystal is arguably worse.

Civil Warrior shows up as a 7-star when looking at the champion roster, and he's also another forgettable champion that doesn't fulfill any specific need.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,335 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

People not having pulled herc doesn’t make VTD any better. They may resort to using VTD in the highly unlikely scenarios where he is their only viable cosmic option but that still doesn’t make him any better than what he is which is the bottom of the barrel in the 7* pool.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,831 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Congrats fellow Petyr, it's an achievement to have the worst champion in game. If getting best champion in game is an achievement then this is no less. Not every Petyr is blesssed enough to see such glory.

On bright side, now you can complete 7* duck family by getting HTD as well. VTD will have a friend. You will have fun with the ducks in the poultry farm i can assure you. They are adorable creatures.

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    kevhugo said:

There's no point sugar coating, the 7 star pool is genuinely really good. A nice mixture of attackers (sunspot), defenders (korg) and dual threats like shuri and bishop. It's not crazy to say that vtd is the worst character in that pool, it doesn't mean he is a bad champ, just lacklustre compared to the others. I mean he's clunky to play, looks hideous, feels bad cause of the rng, and plus it's not that rewarding in content that's more relevant such as battlegrounds and monthly events. If you're at the point you're getting 7 stars, this guy is not gonna do much for you.

Kudos to you, couldn’t have said it any better. If it was at least someone decent like IMIW or spiderman, I can see the sugarcoating because they have at least some use, but VTD literally has none.