**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How is the new seeding mechanic working out for you guys?

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion

Not going to lie, I think I might be in the wrong position... is there any chance I can be lowered down into the beginner beginner tier?

Comments

• Options
    NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Posts: 104
    It's the first day of Bgs season. The big bois are always gonna be diving into it day 1; not explicitly an issue with the Seeding mechanic.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
    Haven't been matched with anyone who doesn't have minimum 3.5k more prestige than me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    A bunch of Paragons scrambling around Bronze to get out, with 2 minutes between Matches. Wonderful.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Still waiting to run into some of those super skilled under 400K accounts that made it into Vib and higher last season…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 475 ★★★

A bunch of Paragons scrambling around Bronze to get out, with 2 minutes between Matches. Wonderful.

and it's the beginning of you for this season! Aren't you a paragon now?
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    That's notmal for first day. I'm always violated at the beginning of new season.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    That's what happens when you have a matchmaking system that leaves multiple Paragons stuck in Gold.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    You guys are finding matches??? It takes me between 1.5 - 2 mins to even find sm, and that's if they accept the match.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★

That's what happens when you have a matchmaking system that leaves multiple Paragons stuck in Gold.

I agree prior matchmaking was off, but you don't always have to push your agenda. There are many other explanations, such as people with loaded accounts who play casually enough to only advance a few tiers each season (most of my alliance for instance), those who had a lot of real life things going on last season and didn't have time to advance, those who are stronger now than before, took a break from the game and came back, etc.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Great so far.
  • Options
    MildepaMildepa Posts: 9
    It has been nearly as horrible as last season
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

I agree prior matchmaking was off, but you don't always have to push your agenda. There are many other explanations, such as people with loaded accounts who play casually enough to only advance a few tiers each season (most of my alliance for instance), those who had a lot of real life things going on last season and didn't have time to advance, those who are stronger now than before, took a break from the game and came back, etc.
    It's not an agenda, it's the truth. The siloing in low tiers of BGs ended up sticking Paragons in Gold and propelling Cavs and TBs to Plat.

Now, with seeding, we're getting posts from low players in both Bronze and Plat crying about being matched vs Paragons. Had they just had open matchmaking from the start of last season, the Paragons would all be out of Bronze and people would have been seeded in their correct tier.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★

It's not an agenda, it's the truth. The siloing in low tiers of BGs ended up sticking Paragons in Gold and propelling Cavs and TBs to Plat.

Now, with seeding, we're getting posts from low players in both Bronze and Plat crying about being matched vs Paragons. Had they just had open matchmaking from the start of last season, the Paragons would all be out of Bronze and people would have been seeded in their correct tier.
    Again, in some cases that's true and I'm not disputing that. However, there are far more reasons than just matchmaking as to why paragons didn't get out of gold last season. Now that seeding has taken place, I'm curious as to how much of an impact that will have, but there will always be paragon accounts starting in Bronze each season, many of which are for reasons other than matchmaking