Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Once Again BG… But even earlier

Here I am enjoying playing BG winning sone and losing some, and I slowly rank up to plat 2 already. I’m trying to complete the caps enlistment objective, and I’m on the last one so I need 10 wins. Little did I know entering plat 2 would be the last win I get, because I am once again like last season only matching paragons, however last season this started happening to me at diamond 4. Either way, I’ve seen all the threads on account strength not determining matchmaking, but should it not be a partial factor to atleast give an almost even fight. I have to win 10 matches to get this obj done, and I only have 2. So I’m gonna either need to get a random queue into someone like me, or hope 8 paragon players have mercy or dc. Here I have another reason to make a casual queue type, so we can actually complete objectives.

Comments

• Options
    Hemendra_Hemendra_ Posts: 106
    edited September 2023
    Yup, my prestige is about 14.7K included relics and my all opponent's average prestige is about 18K and all my opponent had 8 or 9 6*R5 and i don't have a single 6*R5, opponent are too op, kabam made matchmaking more worse with recent update.
  • Options
    Wfox12345Wfox12345 Posts: 28
    Hemendra_ said:

Yup, my prestige is about 14.7K included relics and my all opponent's average prestige is about 18K and all my opponent had 8 or 9 6*R5 and i don't have a single 6*R5, opponent are too op, kabam made matchmaking more worse with recent update.

My prestige is about 11k and I’m getting the same people, just so wild
  • Options

You do have almost four weeks to win 10 matches.

Not that simple I’m afraid
  • Options
    Unicron34Unicron34 Posts: 19
    It’s happening to me also, so much for the we will even out wins and losses so everyone can enjoy some sorts progress. Left completely stagnant with only matching with people who obviously need a real life and complete god rosters. Nothing fun about being how matchmaking is and just makes a lot players not want to do it if you’re stomped on constantly and just stuck. Yay what fun. Not!!!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    4 weeks of beating your head against a wall isn't exactly simple.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Respectfully if you can't get 10 wins in 4 weeks you dont deserve rewards lol. Plus the season just started so of course there is gonna be a lot of paragons in plat still.
    10 Wins for the Objectives is doable, but progress among a cluster of Players who ranged the GC isn't.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Respectfully if you can't get 10 wins in 4 weeks you dont deserve rewards lol. Plus the season just started so of course there is gonna be a lot of paragons in plat still.
    10 Wins for the Objectives is doable, but progress among a cluster of Players who ranged the GC isn't.
    My whole point was that 10 wins is doable nothing about progress. Plus even if someone is road blocked in BGs, simply work on your account. A competitive mode shouldn't favor smaller accounts to begin with. Your skills have to make up for lack of roster depth.
    Not that simple when you're coming up against all the other Players who have been in the GC every Season. No matter what little you Rank and grow, they're growing 10 times more over time. So you have Season after Season of trying to string Wins with one Token per Win, in an accelerated gauntlet.
    In any case, I misunderstood the argument and that was because I skimmed too fast. 10 Wins for the Objectives is doable.
  • Options
    Unicron34Unicron34 Posts: 19
    You fail to realize there’s different levels of paragon, it’s not one group all the same. I’ve been playing this since release, I have only 3 r5, getting matched with people with 10 or whatever it’s like I’m a cav going against a TB or something. Now it was my decision to stop spending while bugs go unaddressed, cause I want value for my hard earned money, so people that went nuts on the 4th and things since have created a giant gap in paragon players. It’s not the same just cause they hold the same title. But it’s whatever, matchmaking has made it a not fun mode and I’m not a nice person in general so I definitely won’t hold a debate on a forum with keyboard warriors. If it’s for you and plugging right along then good for you, some of us played this for enjoyment and fun getaway. Personally I stopped trying to be some bragging top dog yrs ago. When a mode isn’t fun cause your walked on it’s just not fun for people trying to have fun not stress. Putting the last 20 dust in the objectives makes stress for some players that don’t enjoy the mode cause of matchmaking and getting walked on. It’s crazy thinking to say got 4 weeks when there’s no happy medium to win/loss matchmaking setups. But it’s whatever. The bg try hards will always say it’s the player or roster. In the end it doesn’t affect my real life so all I’m saying is have some compassion for the people who aren’t about bgs as a major importance to what they like to play in the game, but are forced to for ascension or whatever they may need and have to play it.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    See here is where you fail to understand the whole point. 10 wins in 4 weeks is very doable, however I had to win 1, then play 1, then win 5, then play 5 more, then play 10, then win 10 more. By the time I’ve gotten to the 10 wins, I’m at point where I can’t even get wins feasibly anymore. Also, your view point is so bad, because all the people who got placed down in bronze and silver deserve rewards so much more than me or any other person with this problem? Also these objectives are not made to be a challenge, hence why they have all been “play the game” objectives.
  • Options

I love how people address the flaws of matchmaking because OP is stuck on Plat 2 and is now facing monster accounts with what he calls a smaller account; but not one person addressed how easy it was for a smaller account to get to Plat 2 just a few hours after BG season 11 started.

Whats being failed to be addressed is not how I’m complaining about not being able to climb rank, I couldn’t care less about the rank. I want to be able to get the objective rewards for the Event. I don’t want to take y’all’s precious gladiators circuit rewards, or even the diamond rewards, I just want to be able to play against people in my relative skill level.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

I love how people address the flaws of matchmaking because OP is stuck on Plat 2 and is now facing monster accounts with what he calls a smaller account; but not one person addressed how easy it was for a smaller account to get to Plat 2 just a few hours after BG season 11 started.

Whats being failed to be addressed is not how I’m complaining about not being able to climb rank, I couldn’t care less about the rank. I want to be able to get the objective rewards for the Event. I don’t want to take y’all’s precious gladiators circuit rewards, or even the diamond rewards, I just want to be able to play against people in my relative skill level.
    If you want matches tailor-made for your skill level then play friendlies.

If you want to get the rewards from the event, you'll have to earn them like everyone else.
  • Options
    Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    See here is where you fail to understand the whole point. 10 wins in 4 weeks is very doable, however I had to win 1, then play 1, then win 5, then play 5 more, then play 10, then win 10 more. By the time I’ve gotten to the 10 wins, I’m at point where I can’t even get wins feasibly anymore. Also, your view point is so bad, because all the people who got placed down in bronze and silver deserve rewards so much more than me or any other person with this problem? Also these objectives are not made to be a challenge, hence why they have all been “play the game” objectives.
    You knew well in advance how matchmaking works in plat 2+, what I recommend doing in the future is purposefully tanking matches while you're matched against similar rosters until you get all 10 wins. Also matchmaking will get easier for you later in the season when more smaller accounts get pushed up to plat 2 too.
  • Options
    People are seriously overestimating this setup. Either that, or just glossing things over.
    Also, Tanking isn't a solution to a competition. Slightly hypocritical to suggest it and scoff at people complaining about the Matches.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    You knew well in advance how matchmaking works in plat 2+, what I recommend doing in the future is purposefully tanking matches while you're matched against similar rosters until you get all 10 wins. Also matchmaking will get easier for you later in the season when more smaller accounts get pushed up to plat 2 too.
    This is exactly why it’s a flawed system. Saying I need to tank to make things fair for myself is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. All I’m seeing is comments coming from people with bigger accounts saying naw it’s all good.
  • Options

Wfox12345 said:

If you want to get the rewards from the event, you'll have to earn them like everyone else.
    Once again, why do players placed in bronze at the start of the year deserve the rewards anymore? Just based off the fact they don’t play the game of play BG as much makes them more deserving? Wild. Not a very fair system no? Also, I find it wild that there are so many paragons even in that rank. I have throne breaker friends who have made it to gladiators circuit, what is halting paragon players at plat, might it be that matchmaking is buns? Cause their accounts definitely have the power, I’ll say that.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,832 ★★★★★
    If I was the OP i would be more worried about the 13-14 sets of 48hr Objectives he is going to struggle thru cause he hit his ceiling on day 1.
  • Options
    Wfox12345 said:

Wfox12345 said:

Once again, why do players placed in bronze at the start of the year deserve the rewards anymore? Just based off the fact they don’t play the game of play BG as much makes them more deserving? Wild. Not a very fair system no? Also, I find it wild that there are so many paragons even in that rank. I have throne breaker friends who have made it to gladiators circuit, what is halting paragon players at plat, might it be that matchmaking is buns? Cause their accounts definitely have the power, I’ll say that.
    There are Paragons that couldnt make it out of Gold, you made it to Diamond, and Plat2 in a few hours.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

Pikolu said:

Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    This is exactly why it’s a flawed system. Saying I need to tank to make things fair for myself is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. All I’m seeing is comments coming from people with bigger accounts saying naw it’s all good.
    So you agree that Kabam's matchmaking last season, which propelled you to a level you should not have gotten to, was garbage.
  • Options
    Wfox12345 said:

Pikolu said:

Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    It's the same on every Thread that anyone points an issue out about BGs.
  • Options
    Wfox12345 said:

Wfox12345 said:

So you got rewards automatically for those tiers you skipped after 5 matches.
    You are complaining about the 10 win objective, and completely skipp the 13-14 sets of 48hr objectives?.. those are win 1, 2 and 3 matches.. you do 3 of those and you almost complete the last objective too.
    If you don't care about tier rewards I have no idea what you are complaining about.