**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

September Balancing Update

13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/346974/adam-warlock-and-moondragon-balance-update#latest

No changes to moondragon or Adam with a very exciting announcement to finally buff red skull

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    My sig 100 red skull is happy
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Sbkrueb said:

Ugh, AW needed very minor but impactful tweaks to make his ramp a little less stressful.
    Guess he will just keep collecting dust....

Same here, not even gonna bother with mine. I can acknowledge the fact that when you get AI cooperation he's really strong but when you don't, he is very frustrating to play.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,824 ★★★★★
    While he definitely could’ve used some tweaks to make his play style less stressful, Adam is still an amazing and there’s a ton of stuff you can do to make the AI cooperate. I think people overhype how hard he is to play a bit. Watching Nagase and a few others really helped and he’s been doing good for me in battlegrounds
  • Options
    MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Posts: 150 ★★
    edited September 2023
    In a perfect matchup he’s great but if 1 thing goes wrong you gotta spend 40 hours to recover 😭
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★
    All Adam needed was like an infuriate or something.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I don’t agree that Adam is fine. He falls flat in usability compared to the top cosmic champs. A Red Skull buff will be nice. There is already a synergy with IABom that makes his damage better. It could work nicely with this buff if left alone.
  • Options
    NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Posts: 104
    mbrace said:

I don’t agree that Adam is fine. He falls flat in usability compared to the top cosmic champs. A Red Skull buff will be nice. There is already a synergy with IABom that makes his damage better. It could work nicely with this buff if left alone.

Cosmic is already the top class in the game; it doesn't need any more Galans or Hulklings. Plenty of other champs require AI cooperation and don't have the Infuriate or Intimidates that Adam does. By comparison, Red Skull is a nothing-champion even with the iBom synergy.
  • Options

mbrace said:

Cosmic is already the top class in the game; it doesn't need any more Galans or Hulklings. Plenty of other champs require AI cooperation and don't have the Infuriate or Intimidates that Adam does. By comparison, Red Skull is a nothing-champion even with the iBom synergy.
    Just because the cosmic class is stacked doesn't mean he didn't need any small tweaks, nobody here was asking for more damage, just slight tweaks to make him a little bit more viable in general. Right now, the only reason to use this guy is to deal with autoblock (and that's only if you don't have Herc). Would've been nice if you could use him against Kingpin or Zemo but because the taunt isn't passive you can't, the stun from sp1 is completely useless and his pod also useless if the defender's specials can stun.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

mbrace said:

Just because the cosmic class is stacked doesn't mean he didn't need any small tweaks, nobody here was asking for more damage, just slight tweaks to make him a little bit more viable in general.
    No, that's the argument for Gladiator.
  • Options

mbrace said:

Just because the cosmic class is stacked doesn't mean he didn't need any small tweaks, nobody here was asking for more damage, just slight tweaks to make him a little bit more viable in general.
    No, that's the argument for Gladiator.
    And it is for Adam too, he needed some slight tweaks.