**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Adam Warlock Balance Update - Should we be concerned?

FrydayFryday Posts: 682 ★★★
I'm not a highly skilled played like some of these amazing CC I seen on YT.

So I understand a champ like Adam Warlock isn't design for the like of me. Which I'm fine with (not every champs have to be great for everyone). I also understand in the right hand and right condition he could be at the same level as Hulkling & Hercules.

However based on the general consensus of the community, I was kind of expecting (with some fault certainty) Adam getting a bit of tune or small changes. However he will not. Which ok fair enough (even though I did pull him from a Paragon FC a 6* and R3 him), that is fine, I have no problem with Kabam decision. He will be like Sorcerer Supreme for me (amazing champ that is not for me).

So what is the concern?

Well I have a similar feeling vibe about Gladiator too. Again feel like the general consensus with the community is that he could do with a bit of a tune up. But if Kabam felt that Adam is ok as he is, would the same apply to Gladiator.

Of course only Kabam would know, everything else is just guessing. But it sure make me a bit concern for Gladiator.

Also on a side note, don't you feel like maybe Adam stolen a bit of Gladiator thunder? 🤣🤣🤣

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Adam was hyped since the day of his release by the CCP
    It was only after his increased availability through featured crystals, that we realised his design has some critical flaws

Gladiator on the other hand, is already being criticised even by some of the CCP members
    The usual ones are still silent but some CCP members & a lot of non CCP players of the community have expressed their concerns about his design, which makes me believe that he will surely get some sort of tune up

Though I doubt his tune up will be big enough to make him a popular champ
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    All of the concern (at least from what I can remember) regarding Adam's design was related to his ability to control the AI and Kabam has acknowledged that's kind of messed up right now.

But that requires a fix that's not just Adam specific. Infuriate/Taunt/Intimidate in general are kind of wonky.

Let's look at Adam specifically.

Adam's damage is insane.
    Adam's utility is fantastic.
    Adam's sustain is phenomenal.

Yes, he requires awakening to unlock even more potential and utility but he's outstanding right out of the box crystal.

Ease of Use? Not as straightforward as Herc, but also not the most difficult either. His playstyle is a very learnable skill. That's on us to do, not on Kabam to make him more simple to use.

I won't go too much into my thoughts on Gladiator, because I've shared my stance on him over and over and over. But in short, no, their stance on Adam should not concern us regarding Gladiator. Most people probably thought Adam would get a slight tweak down in terms of damage...

Now, you're not wrong in saying that not all champions are for all players. This year alone there have been several champions introduced that are balanced and tuned towards the "higher-end" players of the community. But believe it or not, this is actually a good thing.

Absorbing Man - teaching people to confidently light intercept.
    Adam Warlock - reinforcing our intercept skills and forcing us to not rely on parry.
    Gladiator - forcing us to learn better response in regards to spacing and punishing specials.

Yes, there are aspects of their kits placed just beyond that standard rotation playstyle and in order to unlock their higher potential of utility and damage, we need to level up. But that's good. It's forcing us to as players to grow.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

I'm not a highly skilled played like some of these amazing CC I seen on YT.

So I understand a champ like Adam Warlock isn't design for the like of me. Which I'm fine with (not every champs have to be great for everyone). I also understand in the right hand and right condition he could be at the same level as Hulkling & Hercules.

However based on the general consensus of the community, I was kind of expecting (with some fault certainty) Adam getting a bit of tune or small changes. However he will not. Which ok fair enough (even though I did pull him from a Paragon FC a 6* and R3 him), that is fine, I have no problem with Kabam decision. He will be like Sorcerer Supreme for me (amazing champ that is not for me).

So what is the concern?

Well I have a similar feeling vibe about Gladiator too. Again feel like the general consensus with the community is that he could do with a bit of a tune up. But if Kabam felt that Adam is ok as he is, would the same apply to Gladiator.

Of course only Kabam would know, everything else is just guessing. But it sure make me a bit concern for Gladiator.

Also on a side note, don't you feel like maybe Adam stolen a bit of Gladiator thunder? 🤣🤣🤣

Difference between Adam & Gladiator is that one is actually good and the other is complete garbage.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    I still think he needs passive taunt, longer sp1 stun and immune to non damaging debuffs while in the pod. Very disappointed to see they're not going to make any changes, he'll still be great for all the autoblock champs and nodes but he's now almost completely useless against any defender or node with purify or cleanse, and against any defender with stun on specials you won't be able to trigger your pod.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Lol they left the sp1 stun the way it is, it’s completely useless in bg, they completely forgot about limber…
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    A tiny increase in his buff duration would've helped alot, specially considering the AI behavior lately