Spot rank down ticket

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Rank down ticket spot because of bg is dumb. You can use spo elsewhere and he still op

His main use is BGs. No reason to use him elsewhere if one has Scorpion.
    You say that as if every player has scorpion. Plus this logic is so flawed, that's like saying you shouldn't use any other cosmic champ except herc because he is better. Constantly relying on one champ is boring.
    You can’t seriously be talking about flawed logic when you tried to compare the situation op described to archangel needing to block. Aa is one of the most common banned attackers, i assume you dont play BGs at all to make such incoherent comparisons
    Your argument and OP's is just stupid to begin with. I'm literally in gladiators circuit I guarantee I have way more BG experience than you. I mentioned AA because both champs heavily rely on block for their damage, not a hard concept to grasp🤦‍♂️. My point being that if OP wants a RDT just because spot takes too much block damage, why not apply that logic to every champ that relies on block. The logic behind his argument is flawed, the only incoherent thing here is your and OP's senseless argument lmao.
    I never said anything about RDT, I literally could care less since my spot is r1 sig 20 so I don’t even have to worry about him being powercrept in BGs by the scoring changes on health/time combined with enhanced block penetration by 7 stars.

AA is easily the most potent mutant 6* attacker which is why he and torch are the two most common attacker bans. Comparing him to spot that isn’t even the best science 6* attacker is just crazy. Scorpion dethroned spot after the scoring changes, so if one already has him, then investing r4 mats and 200 sig stones into spot seems trivial. If one didn’t have scorpion (or a good 7* science) then i can understand. But if you did and you still invested in spot then it just doesnt make sense since scorpion and his block proficiency were made for the new BGs scoring system. Plus spot is a 7* and the sig 20 might outperform the 6* sig 200.
    What exactly do Spot and Scorpion have to do with each other besides that they're science and have rupture?
    Nice tunnel vision.

Resource management and deck consolidation. You can only fit 30 champs in a deck and add that to the amount of potent attackers and defenders in the 7* pool. You eventually hit a point where you cant fit as many champs in the deck.

For someone like me that just got spot and duped, investing in him doesnt seem all that logical since I have scorpion. Why invest 200 sig stones and r4 mats when a champion already does his BG fights with more health which is what matters more now in BGs , which is what I tried to explain to @Zuro.

Combine that with deck consolidation and odds are spot wont last as long in ones deck especially if they have a 7* titania , hulk, etc on top of the scorpion. Sure thats a lot of champs to have , but eventually one pulls better champions and the champs that dont deliver as strongly get removed from the deck.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Zuro said:

Polygon said:

Rank down ticket spot because of bg is dumb. You can use spo elsewhere and he still op

His main use is BGs. No reason to use him elsewhere if one has Scorpion.
    You say that as if every player has scorpion. Plus this logic is so flawed, that's like saying you shouldn't use any other cosmic champ except herc because he is better. Constantly relying on one champ is boring.
    You can’t seriously be talking about flawed logic when you tried to compare the situation op described to archangel needing to block. Aa is one of the most common banned attackers, i assume you dont play BGs at all to make such incoherent comparisons
    Your argument and OP's is just stupid to begin with. I'm literally in gladiators circuit I guarantee I have way more BG experience than you. I mentioned AA because both champs heavily rely on block for their damage, not a hard concept to grasp🤦‍♂️. My point being that if OP wants a RDT just because spot takes too much block damage, why not apply that logic to every champ that relies on block. The logic behind his argument is flawed, the only incoherent thing here is your and OP's senseless argument lmao.
    I never said anything about RDT, I literally could care less since my spot is r1 sig 20 so I don’t even have to worry about him being powercrept in BGs by the scoring changes on health/time combined with enhanced block penetration by 7 stars.

AA is easily the most potent mutant 6* attacker which is why he and torch are the two most common attacker bans. Comparing him to spot that isn’t even the best science 6* attacker is just crazy. Scorpion dethroned spot after the scoring changes, so if one already has him, then investing r4 mats and 200 sig stones into spot seems trivial. If one didn’t have scorpion (or a good 7* science) then i can understand. But if you did and you still invested in spot then it just doesnt make sense since scorpion and his block proficiency were made for the new BGs scoring system. Plus spot is a 7* and the sig 20 might outperform the 6* sig 200.
    What exactly do Spot and Scorpion have to do with each other besides that they're science and have rupture?
    Nice tunnel vision.

Resource management and deck consolidation. You can only fit 30 champs in a deck and add that to the amount of potent attackers and defenders in the 7* pool. You eventually hit a point where you cant fit as many champs in the deck.

For someone like me that just got spot and duped, investing in him doesnt seem all that logical since I have scorpion. Why invest 200 sig stones and r4 mats when a champion already does his BG fights with more health which is what matters more now in BGs , which is what I tried to explain to @Zuro.

Combine that with deck consolidation and odds are spot wont last as long in ones deck especially if they have a 7* titania , hulk, etc on top of the scorpion. Sure thats a lot of champs to have , but eventually one pulls better champions and the champs that dont deliver as strongly get removed from the deck.
    You still have no point. First off, why do you keep mentioning scorpion when the original post has absolutely nothing to do with him. Secondly just because there are better science champs (which is subjective) doesnt make spot useless. Sometimes those other champs are banned or simply just dont show up in the draft, so it's always good to have a back up. Thirdly, as someone who is in gladiators circuit already, people are still constantly using spot both offensively and defensively. Therefore he still definitely has a role in people's deck just not yours, so dont try to project that idea onto others. To conclude, I still dont know why you're arguing about scorpion vs spot, when the original post was about getting RDTs because spot "takes too much block damage".
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    If you have a champion who can reliably clear fights with a solid score (even if imperfect), but still find yourself losing regularly, then you need to be placing better defenders.

BGs is a two way street. Gotta make sure you’re bringing the right equipment to both sides of the fight.
  • wetrxwetrx Member Posts: 64
    Zuro said:

wetrx said:

This went sideways really quick lol ,
    First of all Comparing aa to spot cuz u have to parry is so stupid lol,
    Taking a combo into block and parry heavy are 2 different things..
    aside from the fact that aa is top tier champs in most content unlike spot who is mainly a bg champ
    Second of all yes am gonna have an attitude every time i see nonsense from players that has no idea what they are talking about. Its very simple if you haven’t experienced it first hand you dont get to have an opinion on this matter.

Literally everyone that has first hand experience you just dismiss because they dont have the same garbage opinion as you. Secondly, this is a BLOCK PENETRATION meta why are you crying about block damage then. Not all metas are going to be good for spot, that literally goes with every other champion too. Youre asking for RDTs after r5ing AND ascending spot even after knowing what the new BG system was like, that's just dumb you are simply reaping what you've sown.
    lol , see this why i dismiss these “opinions “ you do know they don’t start with the block penetration passive active right? 😂
    And u can alternate combos and they never get it , with spot playstyle u never have to block when the passive is active anyway..
    again with noobs giving their uneducated opinion thinking they know stuff.

wetrx said:

aside from the fact that aa is top tier champs in most content unlike spot who is mainly a bg champ
    Second of all yes am gonna have an attitude every time i see nonsense from players that has no idea what they are talking about. Its very simple if you haven’t experienced it first hand you dont get to have an opinion on this matter.

Experienced what first hand exactly? Taking block damage?
    Lol buddy at this point you just hating for no reason ,if you played spot before the new bg points system and then played him now you would know why this is a thing
    Thats what i meant by experiencing, not taking block but you knew that just choose to hate instead 😉
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    wetrx said:

Zuro said:

wetrx said:

Literally everyone that has first hand experience you just dismiss because they dont have the same garbage opinion as you. Secondly, this is a BLOCK PENETRATION meta why are you crying about block damage then. Not all metas are going to be good for spot, that literally goes with every other champion too. Youre asking for RDTs after r5ing AND ascending spot even after knowing what the new BG system was like, that's just dumb you are simply reaping what you've sown.
    lol , see this why i dismiss these “opinions “ you do know they don’t start with the block penetration passive active right? 😂
    And u can alternate combos and they never get it , with spot playstyle u never have to block when the passive is active anyway..
    I like how you ignored all my other points and only stuck to the first one lmao. Yes I know you can easily get passed the block penetration, as I've been using spot just fine to get wins. What point were you even trying to make there? Funny you're calling me a noob when I'm chilling in GC with 100 points in GC. Meanwhile you're crying on the forums for RDTs cause you're not good enough to secure wins with spot.
  • IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Member Posts: 237
    This just be people with no brainpower lol
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    So @wetrx why did you ascend Spot knowing the scoring system had already changed? The dust to ascend came out this month so you already knew what the scoreing system was before ascending him. I understand that you rank him up before the scoring system changes but I don't understand your arguement for RDT tickets since you ascend him after playing BG with the new scoring system. Did you think the scoring system was going to change again.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,761 ★★★★★
    wetrx said:

wetrx said:

Experienced what first hand exactly? Taking block damage?
    Lol buddy at this point you just hating for no reason ,if you played spot before the new bg points system and then played him now you would know why this is a thing
    Thats what i meant by experiencing, not taking block but you knew that just choose to hate instead 😉
    Yeah, sure.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    wetrx said:

Vance2_jr said:

I would like 7 generic rank down tickets because a friend of mine at a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in 1993.

Uneducated troll, atleast make it interesting
    What? Because it makes no sense? EXACTLY. We’re both using asinine reasons that literally make no sense whatsoever.
  • BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Member Posts: 206
    edited September 2023
    I'm confused..doesn't the fact that emphasis on more health versus less time in a Bg match actually benefit spot? In other words, not having to do all your damage so quickly means you can take your time to build up his spots.. maybe I don't know how to use him effectively, but I've always benefited from the more spots that you have the better he is
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,350 Guardian
    OP: I want a rank down ticket for my spot now! 😡
    Kabam: okay, here is a Rank down ticket that automatically applies to your spot. Resets him to rank 1 level 1 and in return, you get 1 gold.
    OP:

Zuro said:

wetrx said:

Zuro said:

wetrx said:

I like how you ignored all my other points and only stuck to the first one lmao. Yes I know you can easily get passed the block penetration, as I've been using spot just fine to get wins. What point were you even trying to make there? Funny you're calling me a noob when I'm chilling in GC with 100 points in GC. Meanwhile you're crying on the forums for RDTs cause you're not good enough to secure wins with spot.
    Lmao someone got butthurt , what did i ignore you literally don’t know how either spot pr the meta works and yet trying explain it to me 😂
    Thats some next level ignorance

I'm confused..doesn't the fact that emphasis on more health versus less time in a Bg match actually benefit spot? In other words, not having to do all your damage so quickly means you can take your time to build up his spots.. maybe I don't know how to use him effectively, but I've always benefited from the more spots that you have the better he is

The only way to build his spot is by blocking or using specials, or u can get hit.
    You can try and build them using specials but will just time out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    wetrx said:

Zuro said:

wetrx said:

Zuro said:

wetrx said:

Lmao someone got butthurt , what did i ignore you literally don’t know how either spot pr the meta works and yet trying explain it to me 😂
    Thats some next level ignorance
    The meta isn't a reason to issue RDTs. You may understand how it works, but you seem to have a hard time grasping that.
    What kind of precedent would that set? AQ changed, must get them. War has new Nodes, can't use our usual Defenders. The instances are many.
    wetrx said:

The only way to build his spot is by blocking or using specials, or u can get hit.
    You can try and build them using specials but will just time out.
    So that's my point exactly spending time holding block in a BG's match means that the change in the time taken to win vs health loss Just benefits him from the fact that speed is not as important
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    @Buckeyesha They’ll get super aggressive when you hold block, not giving you a chance to block freely. its the same reason why the AI gets super aggressive when you’re all set and ready to hit into block with Valkyrie’s sp2 .
    I did want to comment that I have an r4 max sig spot, and he sits on my bench collecting dust no matter what game mode I'm playing...he is a champ that I regret using resources on, but it is what it is...just because I regret it, does not make him a bad champ....and honestly, there are many champs that are in the same boat as spot on my roster whether r4 or r3 or whatever...one thing I know for sure...is that NO CHAMP ON MY ROSTER will ever go to R5 unless I really enjoy using and they will always have a use on my team for all content...
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    wetrx said:

People ranked up Zemo for his ability to special lock opponent when rooted. Kabam literally changed the way that worked while not giving RDT as they didn’t feel it was warranted. Yet here you are asking for some because a champion was affected by the way the scoring system has evolved. Seriously dude?

lmao is it really that hard to understand??
    A battleground champ got nerfed badly cuz kabam decided to change the points system all of a sudden and out of nowhere with no prior warning, now in your mind thats not a reason to ask for rdt? 😂 seriously dude..?
    No prior warning is not true. It was alwyas known that the point system and the mode were subject to change. Even now
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 804 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Spot was almost an automatic draft pick for me when he came up, just because he worked against all those annoying mystics. Worked as defender too.
    Now? Now he isn't even in my deck. New auto pick to deal with mystics: 7* Sunspot.
    But at the same time I also have a bunch of other 6*s I took to r4 for BGs and now they're also not making my deck. It's called evolution. Evolution of the roster, deck, meta, game itself.
    I'd love to rank down some of them, but it's no point dwelling on that. Move on
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    wetrx said:

So am one of the players that invested heavily in spot for bg, took him to r5 sig 200 , and he was doing very well even with 7* being around with their increased block penetration.
    That completely changed when kabam decided to change the point system in bg, now that health matters alot more than speed,spot lost most of his value in bg.
    He can no longer be a viable option for most matchups against 7* and they are everywhere nowadays,
    Losing 5/10% health before the change was fine since he is fast and you will end up with very decent score cuz of the points being divided 50/50% between health and time.
    Now after the change the 5/10% is way more valuable cuz health points are worth more than time points.
    So safe to say i no longer use the champ that I specifically invested in to use in BG,
    I feel like a rank down ticket at-least just to r4 is a fair and reasonable ask.

Oh no a champ is no longer "viable" in one piece of content!!! RANK DOWN RAHHHHHH!!!!
This discussion has been closed.