**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

war map is poorly designed - 3 players needed for hazard shift

startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
similar nodes should be set in straight line, not grouped together

node 43 - hazard shift - incinerate, shock
node 44 - hazard shift - incinerate, poison
node 45 - hazard shift - shock, bleed

on the old map someone could usually clear at least 2 of these nodes in a straight line, maybe 3, now we need 3 different players to bring champs .

was this on purpose? this makes planning a lot harder than it should be. please spread them into a straight line so it's less stress on officers and members.

Comments

• Options
    just to clarify, when i say put them into a straight line, i don't mean rearrange these nodes into one lane, but mix and match the nodes on the islands so one person can clear fights with similar identity.
  • Options
    Mord said:

I can tell you my perspective as my BG's path 9 guy: I am very very happy about it.

What usually end up happening is that I had to take those 3 fights on top of my 4 path 9 fights (there is never an empty node on 9), for a total of *minimum* 7 fights each war. All that while some others take 3, every war.

Now the planners and other players must help, plan for it and take more fights instead of going the easy path 'hey let's have this guy to take them all ' :)

lol that's a rough situation, but this change forces the issue and could result in more deaths for the battlegroup because of limited counters overall. separating them allows more flexibility which is always better. your officers and teammates should have shared your fights more.
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    I'm not disagreeing with you there. But having them in line also potentially forces the issue onto 1 of your team mates. I think the actual solution would be replace hazard shift by some other node.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    With new war update I was hoping Kabam would take out biohazard node, not FORCE IT ON 3 PLAYERS !!!
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

With new war update I was hoping Kabam would take out biohazard node, not FORCE IT ON 3 PLAYERS !!!

Well you're not forcing on 3 people. Path 9 already plans for one of those nodes.

The other 2 already existed before they, just changed locations. The path 9 person wasn't the only one taking those other "mini boss fights".

I run path 9 in my BG. In the old map, you had 3 hazard shift nodes on section 1 of path 9. You then had the first mini boss fight to open section 2 and it was hazard shift.

Someone in my alliance always took that one. The next one was the first fight in section 1 before fork. Path 9 takes it usually plus the other 2 nodes in section 2 on path 9.

Nothing has really changed except the order and locations. AW is a team effort. You have 9 paths and a backup. That leaves 1 node to cover from one other person in your BG.
  • Options
    Kabam will reevaluate the placements, and are of course listening to feedback. This change is kinda part of the increasing difficulty of the map.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I think this is great, taking some pressure off of one poor soul (path 9)

Old Map:
    First section is incinerate and poison, then they have the shared fight
    Then there is the mini that is shock and incinerate
    Then they have the first shared fight that is shock and bleed
    Then they have another path of shock and bleed
    To top it off there is a mini that is stun immune and another poison and incinerate

That's a lot of fights and a lot of counters need for someone who can only bring 3 champs. This doesn't even take into account placing some defenders that need niche counters
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    I'm not a big fan of all these portals that requires energy to move. Seems like it the portals are everywhere, you can't move forward without using a portal to get there. I wish they would remove them or make them cost no energy to use.
  • Options

I'm not a big fan of all these portals that requires energy to move. Seems like it the portals are everywhere, you can't move forward without using a portal to get there. I wish they would remove them or make them cost no energy to use.

But they also removed a lot of the empty tiles

I find it easier to get through the map

Plus you have w days to get through it
  • Options
    Once the decay tactic starts working, hazard shift won't be nearly as much of an issue and will just be free willpower healing.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Mord said:

I can tell you my perspective as my BG's path 9 guy: I am very very happy about it.

What usually end up happening is that I had to take those 3 fights on top of my 4 path 9 fights (there is never an empty node on 9), for a total of *minimum* 7 fights each war. All that while some others take 3, every war.

Now the planners and other players must help, plan for it and take more fights instead of going the easy path 'hey let's have this guy to take them all ' :)

Ha I'm in the same position. I used to take all my path fights in both sections plus anywhere from 2-4 minis and then the boss table's mini (1-2) as the hazard shift guy :D
  • Options
    NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Posts: 104
    edited September 2023
    A_Fungi said:

Old Map:
    To top it off there is a mini that is stun immune and another poison and incinerate

That's a lot of fights and a lot of counters need for someone who can only bring 3 champs. This doesn't even take into account placing some defenders that need niche counters

True, but it's the planners that make the Path 9 player take all those fights, not the map itself. Say that Kabam does rearrange the nodes and now each mini-boss island has 1 Hazard Shift fight. The player on Path 9 doesn't NEED to take all 3. They could if they have the golden team for it, but with the way the teleports are set up Planners can divvy the fights to 3 people, or have one player take 2, etc.

Arranging the nodes into a "line" gives planners the option to have a player take all the fights, but they don't have to do it if another player has a good champ for one or two. It just provides the opportunity. I say it's a good idea.
  • Options

A_Fungi said:

Old Map:

True, but it's the planners that make the Path 9 player take all those fights, not the map itself. Say that Kabam does rearrange the nodes and now each mini-boss island has 1 Hazard Shift fight. The player on Path 9 doesn't NEED to take all 3. They could if they have the golden team for it, but with the way the teleports are set up Planners can divvy the fights to 3 people, or have one player take 2, etc.

Arranging the nodes into a "line" gives planners the option to have a player take all the fights, but they don't have to do it if another player has a good champ for one or two. It just provides the opportunity. I say it's a good idea.
    You are voicing my same opinion lol
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Yeah it might lead to more deaths initially, but it's good to not have so much pressure on one player so I'm fine with it myself.
  • Options
    NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Posts: 104
    A_Fungi said:

A_Fungi said:

Old Map:

You are voicing my same opinion lol
    Sorry about that. I quoted the wrong post XD
  • Options

Kabam will reevaluate the placements, and are of course listening to feedback. This change is kinda part of the increasing difficulty of the map.

so far there's a 19-5 vote in favor of spreading them out. does that count? :)
  • Options
    Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    The one perk of the current design is you can have anyone in your BG bring an Odin prefight along instead of them being forced into Path 7-9. Not the biggest fan of the change, but top alliances will adjust
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Thoye3 said:

The one perk of the current design is you can have anyone in your BG bring an Odin prefight along instead of them being forced into Path 7-9. Not the biggest fan of the change, but top alliances will adjust

I kid you not, one time I got requested by the path 8 3-fights-guy to bring Odin in my team (for him) when I asked him to help me with 9 and all shared hazard shift fights (8 assigned that war). Seriously.