**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I would like an official reason for why I was disqualified from summoner showdown

ZacTheSwordZacTheSword Posts: 56 ★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
I originally wasnt going to make this, but kabam's new post has left me with some concerns over my future attempts to climb ladder in battlegrounds. For some context I was ranked second on the leaderboard when kabam removed me from their twitter rankings for the battlerealm brawl qualifiers.

Before anyone goes into the comments to say im crying that i was denied or anything, I wasnt planning on going to brawl to begin with and I fully accepted that I would probably be denied a spot since I have had a ban history strike on my account. However, kabam in their latest post have stated that they have a "new win trading detection system"; Since 1 person was disqualified for modding, 2 for being racist, most of the high end players in the community seem to think that i was the one disqualified for win trading, (which i didnt), Hence why i want to know more about why i was disqualified.

I would also like to explain some context if it were to be true that i was indeed declined for win trading, for I did indeed decline players in the queue while looking for matches.
2 things that readers should note from this
- 2 players cannot match each other after already doing so for 60 minutes
- Players can only match people 200 points above and below themselves

As I was pushing for 800 points, the disparity between my points (700+) and the top 20th player in the world (510) is massive. This means that most of the time i cannot even match 20 people in the game at that point, and of that 20, 10 people in celestial 4 are not playing on purpose as they do not want to drop or match me, which means i can only match 10 other people who might be sleeping. Because of this im queueing for 15-20 hours per day looking for 1 match to +6 or -23 and Im not looking at my phone while doing so, im either at work or playing a different game on my computer.

As a result from time to time i miss matches that i get as im not looking at my screen, this happened 6-7 times within 10 hours towards the end of showdown, but more investigation would show that this happens all the time for me too, im not declining on purpose your matchmaking system just that terrible that i have to wait 15 hours and very likely wont tap the screen in that 10 second window to find a match

I hope that if i was indeed DQed for win trading kabam would read this and revise their win trading detection system, or possibly make improvements to the queuing system in the future, such as:
1. Removing the decline button, or limiting a decline to once per day (you cant misclick that much) In turn make it that if you get a match and run it down to 0 it would vibrate your phone and enter the match
2. Allow people to match more players up and down, make matchmaking by like C1-4 can match anyone in C5 or something, and cap point loss to -15 to encourage players at the top to play, +6 -23 is too depressing, thats 4 games to make up for 1 loss

All disqualified players were given an email to give a reason for our disqualification, but it was so generic and vague that its left the top community with confusion and speculation on most of the cases, this topic is for another discussion but personally it doesnt even make sense to me why someone decently known and recognised in his sector of the community would be cheating in a qualifying event that is most definitely going to be scrutinised.

Would be much appreciated if any of you could hit me up in pms or give a response here @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
My discord handle is @ZacTheSword
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I would have also sent my match history but i didnt think it was necessary or relevant back before kabam released their post
  • Options
    I'm just gonna leave a comment here to see Kabams response
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    You probably got disqualified because of the one ban you said you already had. I guess only accounts that were never punished can be qualified
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

So, you cheated and then became racist? In that order?

4 people were disqualified, 1 was for modding and 2 were for being racist
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 693 ★★★
    Free MY BOI ZAC 🙏🙏🙏☝️☝️🗣️🗣️
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,171 ★★★★★

All disqualified players were given an email to give a reason for our disqualification, but it was so generic and vague that its left the top community with confusion and speculation on most of the cases, this topic is for another discussion

Could you post the email they sent you?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Very curious what Kabam will say about this, if anything.

But in the meantime I'm curious where you got this data from:

Is that something that has ever been fully disclosed by Kabam? Is it an educated guess based on experience?
    Curious findings.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Very curious what Kabam will say about this, if anything.

But in the meantime I'm curious where you got this data from:

Is that something that has ever been fully disclosed by Kabam? Is it an educated guess based on experience?
    Mix of both prolly
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 200 ★★
    This is interesting
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★
    ^
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★

Are you from an eligible region?

Looks like you’re from Singapore, if my flag knowledge from their Twitter post is accurate. So you are in an eligible region.

If no cheating, you didn’t pass the brand checks which could be for any number of reasons. Explanation would be nice, yeah.
This discussion has been closed.