Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Tech counter for gladiator?

captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,137 ★★★★★
I'm struck on gladiator tech mission and need a counter. I have tough time dexing his sp2, which champ is best against him from my roster?

Comments

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    I used sparky, but hulkbuster and Ultron have the same utility. Practice dexxing his sp2. Once you have that down, it’s easy to push him to SP2’s when you can stun on your SP1. Throw on a relic just to extend combos.

It’s really only when he throws an SP1 with the unstoppable and odd AI of that fight that it gets dicey.
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,150 ★★★
    🧐 I never pushed him to his SP2 when I fought him, because I had a hard time with dexing.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    I used Warlock. It was painful, but bait the L1 and have patience.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    I used Shuri. Four one shots.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,481 ★★★★
    Peni Parker did the job for me - being incinerate immune meant I could just block the SP2 beam if needed
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    I did it with war machine 7 star. All 5 one shots
  • Options
    HoadyOZHoadyOZ Posts: 194
    If your Shuri was r3, you’d be fine, but not worth wasting the resources on just for this. Maybe use Omega Sentinel, stick with default pre-fight to reduce special damage and just build up your armour. Sp3, then spam sp1. If she has the hulkbuster relic, spam sp2 for incinerate.
    You may still need to revive a couple of times, but still cheaper than ranking up Shuri.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    viv
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 639 ★★★
    Learn to dex his sp2 it took me few tries but then I got used to it
    I used 7* war machine
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 403 ★★
    Learn to dex his sp2. It's fairly easy. First profectile is easy. When he goes for his second beam he flies forward when he is at his lowest point to the ground while his flight then dash back
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    HoadyOZ said:

If your Shuri was r3, you’d be fine, but not worth wasting the resources on just for this. Maybe use Omega Sentinel, stick with default pre-fight to reduce special damage and just build up your armour. Sp3, then spam sp1. If she has the hulkbuster relic, spam sp2 for incinerate.
    You may still need to revive a couple of times, but still cheaper than ranking up Shuri.

Doesn't hulkbuster relic do shock... which would be sp1

Sentinel relic does incinerate
  • Options
    ZekirZekir Posts: 155 ★★
    Ultron 1 shot all 5 rounds. Regaining health on Energy Dmg was helpful.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    You can stun lock him with ultron and green goblin relic
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 288 ★★★
    I just did lady deathstrike. For his sp2 the thing that worked for me is that as soon as you see his beam touch the ground(second phase) just dex
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,462 ★★★★
    Special lock him with doom
  • Options
    Hey all thanks.. He was fairly easy once I figured out how to dex his specials, after around 50 practice runs, I one shotter him five times with Omega sentinel... It's actually about skill.
  • Options
    I used a five star Peni Parker, just keep her sync shield active to prevent Gladiator to gain power from hitting blocks. When sync shield's about to run out use SP3. Don't use SP1 since power drain immune. Build up Spider-Charges then go for SP2 to inflict the incinerate. Dodge SP1 and SP2, she may be incinerate immune but not coldsnap immune
  • Options
    BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Posts: 204

I used sparky, but hulkbuster and Ultron have the same utility. Practice dexxing his sp2. Once you have that down, it’s easy to push him to SP2’s when you can stun on your SP1. Throw on a relic just to extend combos.

It’s really only when he throws an SP1 with the unstoppable and odd AI of that fight that it gets dicey.

Yep ..stark Spidey and hulkbuster...they make gladiator real easy.. and if you're having trouble pushing them to S2, hold your block so that he hits into it
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 842 ★★★
    Why has no one mentioned ghost haha. Block sp2 then throw your sp2, x2 for 5* ghost and he’ll go down
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Shuri. Single best option, hands down.
  • Options
    MCOCHazza said:

Why has no one mentioned ghost haha. Block sp2 then throw your sp2, x2 for 5* ghost and he’ll go down

He gets Vigilance buff dude... Ghost can't miss
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 364 ★★★

MCOCHazza said:

He gets Vigilance buff dude... Ghost can't miss
    You can actually do it with ghost. Take his sp1 or sp2 into the block, if he's unstoppable wait it out. If he's not, dash back, parry and sp2. You'll take off about 50% of his health in a single sp2. Don't use her phase mechanic while his vigilance is active. Either intercept normally or take the parry damage
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 506 ★★★
    War Machine with pre-fights did the trick for me.
  • Options
    Ghost can turn the incinerates into furys.

If you have the green goblin relic, place it on Ultron and you can stun lock him using Ultron’s sp1. There’s a video on YouTube.

Other good counters are Ironman and Peni Parker. You can block the SP2 and not take incinerate damage.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I went with Hulk Buster and a relic to keep him at SP2 though his SP1 is easy to dex. It just makes the fight annoying waiting out his unstoppable.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 507 ★★★
    I second Shuri. I did the first round with Idoom and struggled.

Then i switched to Shuri and got him down in one shot. After the first fight, i was getting him down with 80-90 health because he is not difficult to dex.

I also disagree with above posts, would still r3 that Shuri, she is worth it