**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 13.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Wow I just got kicked in the head whilst I was pullin an l1, the l1 didn't hit and I got killed, ( war drax vs 90s clops) then next fight i evaded a cyclops l1 and swiped forward in the same
    Motion, a move I've pulled thousands of times, but this time he parried me... combo... dead, just too many bugs guys, Ai just keeps parrying when they shouldn't be able to, zero window for hits after specials and heavies. I'm really sick of this, and if you think it means opening my wallet to buy revives, think again, 3 week old iPhone with 10:3:1 iOS
  • Nopiii111Nopiii111 Posts: 28
    Parry bug, Lag game play .. Dash back get you combo-ed! .. missing first medium hit after opponent 's special .. missing special .. Samsung galaxy S7 edge with latest nougat .
  • Guys, I noticed Rogue's SP1, Takes a Life Steal even with Blocking the SP1...& Also Mordo blocking Graphics is seen even when he is not blocking...
  • CalCal90sCalCal90s Posts: 5
    @Kabam Miike
    Do you know if there will be a re-think to the nerf on Dr Strange?
    I know a lot of people keep banging on about the same old thing, but I really think that nerf was overkill.
    Considering Stranges base attack and armour which aren't anything amazing, his regen was what made up for his lack of power. He was a reliable character whom is now nothing more than an average champion.
  • Ingway21Ingway21 Posts: 3
    Alright.
  • All i noticed was them completely emptying my stash leaving me with 4 5/1s cuz i anit got enough to level them
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    My game was going good... after the new update..
    But after 8 hour of downtime for Android phone.... my game start lagging.. like hell....
    Heads off to u kabam.. team....
    #VVIP#
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    (1) Dash back issue - I identified an Dash back issue on ios / latest build.

Dash back once - block doesn't always apply after and can be hit by specials such as Black Bolt's S2. Solution: dash back twice or dash and quickly tap at end of dash to ensure block / parry

(2) After 30mins + of playing arena, the game play becomes jittery / laggy / unpredictable - restart of app may improve or clearing memory on ios device. It's like there is a random FPS drops or an issue with the change in camera. Is there someway to keep the gameplay smooth?

(3) Parry - the timings vary but I think this is due to (2).
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    (1) Dash back issue - I identified an Dash back issue on ios / latest build.

Dash back once - block doesn't always apply after and can be hit by specials such as Black Bolt's S2. Solution: dash back twice or dash and quickly tap at end of dash to ensure block / parry

(2) After 30mins + of playing arena, the game play becomes jittery / laggy / unpredictable - restart of app may improve or clearing memory on ios device. It's like there is a random FPS drops or an issue with the change in camera. Is there someway to keep the gameplay smooth?

(3) Parry - the timings vary but I think this is due to (2).

EXACTLY THAT!!! I noticed lag starts after a while so at one point even thought it was my phone cause it will start heating up and wifi reception dropped to 0. I use a double protective case silicon and plastic double cover so it was causing to heat more so I took it off and my phone cooled down and reception back up to full so I thought that was the reason. But after playing like this for a few minutes oops lag is back in ful strength again and my phone is cool and reception is still full so only conclusion is kabam's fault!
    Also the dash back problem happens to me too and the parry as well.
    I'm on android btw.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    So far...now 2 monthly releases after 12.0 it is apparent that QA has not improved.

Support is even gotten to the point where they just copy and paste in blanket all response to any issues in AQ and closing the tickets without actually looking into the problem that is written about in the ticket. Personally I'm on the 3 time opening a ticket about the same issue surrounding ITEMS used during the AQ that got reset and returning of those items, not reimbursement for the costs of opening AQ.

So Kabam, again, I'm not asking about compensation, I want to know what is being done to actually improve the quality and reliability of the game.

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    [...]
    Bug Fixes:
    [...]
    • Fixed issue causing some Champions to miss attacks after Heavy Attacks

(This part isn't Miike. It won't let me post the comment under the quote, so just look under the previous quotes to see what I say.)

Haha, nope! Apparently not! I just started in on the new Gold Quests. I did Master difficulty on the hard route. On that second fight, Unstoppable Colossus, I used my Wolvy. I was playing like ****, and ended up with low health. I had full Power, so I was just gonna sit on it and have some good Regen for a bit, since his Regen is better with higher Power. Unstoppable Colossus had me pinned against the wall, and he did a heavy attack. I dodged it with Dexterity, then dashed forward. Whiff. As I said, he has me pinned against the wall. There's no way that I couldn't dash far enough, the guy was 2 inches from my face. He was so close that he could taste the gum I was chewing. Anyway, I whiffed, then he pulled an SP1 and killed me. Two fights in, and my most reliable champ was dead.

So, the whiffing after heavy attacks is still a problem. Look, I'm fine if there is a bug that takes awhile to fix as long as we don't suffer from it too much. What I'm not fine with is you guys saying it's fixed when it's not. Before saying something is fixed, make sure it's freaking fixed. This happened to me at an extremely fortunate time. It was a normal quest, so potions aren't too expensive, and it was only the second fight. I can either revive or just start over without too much of an issue. But I can't be the only this has happened to, and not everyone else is going to be fortunate enough for this but to occur right when they start a quest. If it's not fixed, that's fine, but you can't say that it is. Say something like "Minimized an issue causing some Champions to miss attacks after Heavy Attacks. Still existing, but reduced, and we will eliminate it entirely quickly.". That would be perfectly fine. But that didn't happen for one of two reasons:
    1) The testing to make sure that the bug was completely eradicated was not in-depth enough, and this bug wasn't uncovered. This can be fixed by extending the testing you guys do, which could've prevented this bug and many others the first time around.
    2) The bug was found, and Kabam went:
    Employee 1: "Woah, I just missed again. Didn't we fix that?"
    Employee 2: "Yeah, i thought so. Are you sure it was the same bug or could it be different?"
    Employee 1: "Well, I think it was after a Heavy Attack."
    Employee 2: "Hmm, we'll look at it later. Let's see what happens from here on out."
    This is unacceptable. If this truly happened, someone should've said something. Fix this now, and in the meantime, tell everyone that it ISN'T fixed. We can't be lied to as customers, whether intentional or not.
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    ATTACKER DEATH COUNT - WAR

Hi Kabam,

Can you please add a counter for each player in Alliance War in the attack window, that would show the number of deaths each player accumulated during the attack? For each player. It shows the performance of each player plus it allows the officers and leaders make strategic decisions. This information is available during real life wars, why shouldn't it be available in the game?

It's fairly crucial information and we're already tracking it, but it's difficult. It shouldn't be too difficult to add the counter into the HEALTH or INFO tab, I'm sure the data is available for it within the game.

Any thoughts fellow officers and leaders? Please agree with the post well, if you agree...

Thanks
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    edited June 2017
    CalCal90s wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike
    Do you know if there will be a re-think to the nerf on Dr Strange?
    I know a lot of people keep banging on about the same old thing, but I really think that nerf was overkill.
    Considering Stranges base attack and armour which aren't anything amazing, his regen was what made up for his lack of power. He was a reliable character whom is now nothing more than an average champion.

I think that he's not even average anymore. Counterspell only goes so far, and his Regen isn't any better than someone like Cable or X-23. But Cable and X-23 have other great aspects like Degen and Bleed. Strange's only notable aspect now is Counterspell, but his low rating on base statistics evens it out so that he's definitely sub-par. The low base rating definitely brings him down. He used to have low base rating and great abilities, but now he has just average abilities, which meets in the middle of below average. One of those two things, base rating or ability effectiveness, needs to be brought back up to great, or at the very least, good.

Kabam, I think people will keep asking for this until it's addressed. Can you please address it, so it doesn't spam your forum? Everyone agrees on these basics about him, is it us - the majority of the players coincidentally bringing up the same issues about him who are wrong about it - or is it perhaps Kabam who made the changes a bit too drastic? The arena popularity was amongst the lowest so far in the new system and he really has nothing to offer in the game as a character, other than synergy bonus with Mordo. I never had him before the changes, so I only use him now after the changes and compared to the rest of the characters he's among the weakest and least useful ones.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Okay, a few posts ago, I complained about how the whiffing after enemy Heavy Attacks is still a problem, but I was only partially correct. This is happening not just after heavy attacks, but medium attacks and light attacks as well. Characters like Juggernaut and Unstoppable Colossus are causing me huge problem. This may be somehow like keep to the fact that they become Unstoppable, but I'm not sure. It's not happening when they are Unstoppable, so it shouldn't be the reason, but you can never know. Please look into this, as it's killed me multiple times already. When guys that are twice my rating land full combos on me just because of your stupid but. Fix it.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited June 2017
    YESSSS THANK YOU FOR 13.1 THE GAME WORKS ALMOST BACK TO WHAT IT USED TO BE A YEAR AGO. I mean I understand now that Kabam is complete garbage but perhaps they can save a bit of face

Oh wait what? I'm an android user so I can't Dr voodoo arena? Yeah sweet bullsh×t.

Nice the game is back after 7 hours all good though because this new sweet update has cut down my 5-10 second load screens/help requests I can make up time on that alone. nice much less whiffing, oh I'm not blocking when I try to do specials, awesome it's not so much a guessing game if I get a special off. Cool, less fight lag on tougher oppponents. I can evade now
    Hmm ok so did time just get rolled back? Because this is just the same exact bullsh×t that 12.0 was

Ya did it again kaSCAM... Way to f×ck absolutely everything up. ALL android users deserve a full refund on purchases made after 13.1 release and before we finally got back online

Kabam needs to go broke, cus they a joke
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    So my champs are blocking on they're own. My heavies whiff sometime. Smh. I'm an android user, but you have that info. Dang. This game used to be fun. Why can't you guys fix this? At some point you need to fire your lead developer. This is trash.
  • trackafeetrackafee Posts: 8
    I still can't evade projectile specials ever since the Android crash last week. Evasion is skill-based, and I shouldnt have to rely on DD Classic to complete quests without taking significant block damage.
  • phd_kurdapyo_01phd_kurdapyo_01 Posts: 26
    Ambot lang ha pero ok ang dinulaan nako. gamit ko ug s7 ug wla pako ka experience ug crashing.
  • 187187 Posts: 51
    fix parry now
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Game closed during the login process. So good.
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Very very very hard to have a good performance on AQ last days (map 5) while parry is screwed. Is extremely necessary to parry all possible attacks. Well, just it is being impossible for months.
  • Biggles72Biggles72 Posts: 4
    Hi there,

I recognised something interesting.

A few days ago Kabam changed my E-Mail-adress. After this account-update the game is running much better than before. And I also played the current update before changing the e-mail.

It also can be a lucky coincidence.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Any news on the Android log in issue ? Still upset about missing rewards due to faulty game programming which apple users didn't have any issue with. Or is this going to be hushed up and we are just going to be screwed out of rewards ?
  • Gimli_SoGGimli_SoG Posts: 88
    They have said numerous times there is nothing new to report on the android login issue. And that they would update once they know more.
  • Kpatrix wrote: »
    Any news on the Android log in issue ? Still upset about missing rewards due to faulty game programming which apple users didn't have any issue with. Or is this going to be hushed up and we are just going to be screwed out of rewards ?

While that's not really on topic in this thread, I will comment that we haven't forgotten about it. There are a few threads floating around that we have commented on about it. We're still gathering the Data on who was affected, and how. We'll be working on it after we have that information, which should hopefully be soon.
  • edited June 2017
    Hey All,

We are now pushing the button to put 13.1.1 Live.

13.1.1 is a bug fix build that will address a crash issue for players, as well as take care of that annoying pop-up that keeps telling you that the game will now download 0 MB of Data.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Hey All,

We are now pushing the button to put 13.1.1 Live.

13.1.1 is a bug fix build that will address a crash issue for players, as well as take care of that annoying pop-up that keeps telling you that the game will now download 0 MB of Data.

Are those crashes only the ones that people are having at the end of a fight?
    Also, since you talk about android issues, what do you mean by "people who were affected"? Does this means something like not getting a champion in the arena, or losing AQ/AW? Or were some android users able to login during that time?
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Miike. Did you seriously just disregard the complaints and the simple fact that after the android crash, we are essentially back to playing 12.0? Or is it 12.1? Either way garbage

Its funny though to see iOS users finally have some of the issues we android people have had for 2 months