The new deal in the store today is laughable

LickyLicky Member Posts: 327 ★★★
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

What is the new deal in the store today

Was it an error because my god it's terrible

Please redact the offer and make it so you don't have to buy ALL FOUR 4 star selectors for the 5 star one at least come on

Comments

• UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    A 5* Jessica Jones (the only thing any of us would actually want besides completion-collectors who likely already have the others anyways) isn’t valued at 1,111 units. They know that tons of people would go for her, especially now with Ascension.

So, with her being the only real valued reward, Kabam incentivized obtaining her by locking her behind 2,222 other units. It’s a “smart” move by Kabam using their game modes typical tactics. Nothing about this feels new or surprising.

But it’s such a large amount for a 5* ain’t nobody doing it.
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Blame Cap, it’s his commissary
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,967 ★★★★
    Rather depressing
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Member Posts: 278 ★★★
    How did we go from $30 6 star champ per year selectors to this? Is this even the same team putting out offers?
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Wallet closed permanently.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    Not a great way to build up towards the fall and Cyber Monday deals. These “deals” have got to be some kind of sick joke. I have no other explanation for it. Who wants to dish out $20 for a freaking 4-star?! 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    So my question is this.

I know a few players who have purchased the cash deal as they were working toward to Solo Event.

Those deal itself is ok, but people wouldn't have brought them if it was not part of the Solo Event.

Now seeing how bad the rest of the deals are and need for the Solo Event what do they do, continue funnel their resources since they already knee deep, or cut their lost?

Honestly over 2k units for 4 x 4* champs you already have (in 4* and higher rarity) is hard to accept.
  • pikapika Member Posts: 74
    Spend the units on AQ energy refills and log in early to farm points there, its cheaper.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    pika said:

Spend the units on AQ energy refills and log in early to farm points there, its cheaper.

The only problem with this is, for every player gain is someone lost in the same Alliance.

Only 2 to 3 players per battle group out of 10 will make gain at the expenses of your team mate.

That does seem right to me.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    Cap is serving up K-Rations with a side of Hardtack in the commissary.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

pika said:

The only problem with this is, for every player gain is someone lost in the same Alliance.

Only 2 to 3 players per battle group out of 10 will make gain at the expenses of your team mate.

That does seem right to me.

Indeed, but as long as you are in some more casual (Gold) alliance, there are a few players not really participating anyway and some more that do not care much for the Event, so it’s fine.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

A story in two parts:

Haha lol my hopes were up and then they died and got turned into atoms of disappointment lol
    It's okay, I'm sure we'll survive 🤣
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★
    Unyonface said:

I bought them. I didn't have Thanos, I only had the 2 and 3 stars of JJ they gave us last December, since I'm a lowly Conqueror scrub. I just bought those two and then duped them. I got lucky and got Vizh on my birthday as a 4* and already have the 5* and I got super lucky and got 5* Kang in a clear out crystal in April. I then bought one 5* selector and got Wep X. I had 13k+ units and I decided I could afford them since I'm trying to save 10k units for Cyber weekend and I can get back up to that by then with the double track alone.

So you wasted units on champs that won’t really help you do content just to have them. You could easily get them during December’s holiday events like I have while contributing to your solo event and alliance event to get good rewards….
    No, because I'm in an alliance with 2 other people which is never going to put up that many points to get them. I didn't waste the units, I spent them as I chose to get rare champions I don't have. As is my right.